Coaching

pBills

Purely speculation on my part, but based on what I've seen/heard/read so far, it looks to me like the HC candidates would be; Cowher (if he can be convinced/persuaded), Martz (who apparently wants the job), Fewell (who probably has the best shot), snd probably a dark horse candidate OC or DC.

Most important to me though is that we get a real, football-minded GM.

Also, problem with Fewell as a candidate is that he's coaching for a job and doing a pretty good job given what he has to work with. And that means we're gonna be screwed out of a goo draft pick because we'll probably go 6-10, maybe 5-11 depending on whether the Falcons continue to fall apart.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have some inside info on that?

I just hate people speculating that John Fox/Jeff Fisher would be potential candidates just because their teams are having bad seasons. It sounds way too much like you're in the media trying to generate a non-existent story.

No inside info, it's just a logical hiring in a year where the Panthers suck and after hiring a new president of operations...

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index...3dschefter_adam

On SportsTalk 980 they were talking about some credible (sorry name escapes me) sports writer saying it was a done deal that Shanahan will be in DC and that Serato will stay as GM. Then they went on to complain about Serato.

So if that is truly the case... then what? Ralph ups the amount and goes after Cowher? Martz? Stays with Fewell?

Cowher is going to Carolina.

MARTY SHOTTENHIEMER IS NOT COMING BACK INTO THE NFL FOR US OR ANY OTHER TEAM!!! How many times does the guy have to say this before people will stop writing this? Marty has said repeatedly that he's retired, he's happy to be retired and that he's not coming back.

Hey How about Marty Schottenheimer??? :devil:

Before you swallow this whole...consider the source. 980 is owned by....Dan Snyder.

PTR

You're right. 106.7 is the only other sports radio station in the area and they regularly crap all over 980. The other day on 980 they also said that they had good intel that Holmgren was a serious candidate for the job. This, comes after Holmgren said 1- he would only be a GM; and 2-ripped Snyder a new one for screwing over Zorn with a mid-season demotion in which he stripped Zorn of his playcalling (Zorn was Holmgren's QB coach in Seattle).

I give 0 credibility to anything reported on that station.

Agree on Russ Grimm and Leslie Frazier. They're the two standout coordinators right now, and unlike Shanahan, they'd stick to coaching while Ralph could bring in a real GM.

why would Ralph bring in a real GM?

that would cost money and break up the inner circle jerk

the new coach would sell plenty of tickets

I would think Shannahan would take the Cowboys job over the Redskins.

I don't, Jones isn't going to give up control of the team in Dallas, where as Snyder hires GM's (doesn't keep the title himself), and regardless how much he sticks his nose in, he let's other people make decisions.

It is nice to talk on and on about who Ralph will bring in as a GM, coach, coordinators, but when all is said and done, it will be more of the same crap. Another losing head coach or coordinator with no head coaching experience and it will turn out just like the last 3 hires-terrible. Ralph isn't going to part with alot of his $$$$$, he is going through the motion to keep people interested so he can sell tickets, just like signing Owens last season-had nothing to do with winning, all about ticket sales.

On SportsTalk 980 they were talking about some credible (sorry name escapes me) sports writer saying it was a done deal that Shanahan will be in DC and that Serato will stay as GM. Then they went on to complain about Serato.

So if that is truly the case... then what? Ralph ups the amount and goes after Cowher? Martz? Stays with Fewell?

If this happens, then I will consider it good news for the Bills that they didn't overpay to land a head coach who by this very choice of jobs shows that he is incapable of making sound decisions.