Charlie Weis takes shot at Pete Carroll?

DPR4444

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...rroll/index.php

'On Saturday, the former Notre Dame head coach sat down with five reporters for his first interview since being fired on Nov. 30.

Tim Prister of IrishIllustrated.com was one of the writers on hand and reported more than others, including what appears to clearly be a vicious personal attack aimed at USC head coach Pete Carroll, whom Weis went winless against in five meetings.

Toward the end of meandering discussion about how Weis is perceived and who he feels he really is, a follow-up question brought up Carroll's name.

Weis seemingly cut off the question and had a few of his own when he said:

"Let me ask you this question: You guys know about things that go on in different places. Was I living with a grad student in Malibu, or was I living with my wife in my house? You could bet that if I were living with a grad student here in South Bend, it would be national news. He's doing it in Malibu and it's not national news. What's the difference? I don't understand. Why is it okay for one guy to do things like that, but for me, I'm scrutinized when I swear. I'm sorry for swearing; absolve my sins."'

1) I don't know many grad students who want to live with Jabba the Hutt

2) If Weis said this you have to look no further for reasons why he is no longer the coach at Notre Dame. Go be a cub reporter for Perez Hilton.

3) I guess its easy to get mad when you go 0-5 against your rival

CYA Charlie...

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...rroll/index.php

'On Saturday, the former Notre Dame head coach sat down with five reporters for his first interview since being fired on Nov. 30.

Tim Prister of IrishIllustrated.com was one of the writers on hand and reported more than others, including what appears to clearly be a vicious personal attack aimed at USC head coach Pete Carroll, whom Weis went winless against in five meetings.

Toward the end of meandering discussion about how Weis is perceived and who he feels he really is, a follow-up question brought up Carroll's name.

Weis seemingly cut off the question and had a few of his own when he said:

"Let me ask you this question: You guys know about things that go on in different places. Was I living with a grad student in Malibu, or was I living with my wife in my house? You could bet that if I were living with a grad student here in South Bend, it would be national news. He's doing it in Malibu and it's not national news. What's the difference? I don't understand. Why is it okay for one guy to do things like that, but for me, I'm scrutinized when I swear. I'm sorry for swearing; absolve my sins."'

Just a bitter guy throwing spears at others after he got fired. Who cares what Pete Carroll does in his private life, and who cares what Charlie Weis does in his?

Weis isn't enhancing his chances at getting a decent NFL coaching job by spitting venom.

Charlie Weis=Total Mediocrity=Coat-tailed others=Right Place at Right Time=Peter Principle

Look carefully at his resume. The guy has nothing. He's done nothing.

Keep him as far away from the Buffalo Bills as possible. He makes Jauron look like General Patton.

Weis's comments about Pete Carroll are reprehesible and classless. I'm guessing Weis made those comments because of the things that USC's staff have told recruits (specifically Clausen) about Weis during his recruitment. USC staff were sick of Weis having recruiting success in California. Remember, USC is probably playing in the National Championship game this year if they had Clausen who was the top recruit in the country and from Cali.

That being said, saying that Weis has done nothing is absurd. Let's start by the fact that he developed Tom Brady and Brady gives him all of the credit. They still stay in touch and Brady recently said that any team would be lucky to have him. Let's move on to Brady Quinn, who was horrible until Weis got there. If Weis never goes to ND, Quinn is lucky to get drafted. And now he's developed another QB in Clausen who will be the first QB picked in this years draft. Not to mention, he created and installed NE's offense which led them to 3 SBs.

So maybe you should take another look at his resume, it looks pretty friggen good to me.

Ironic because Carroll was blackballed from the NFL.

doubt he was blackballed, he just was a horrible pro coach. Shows how different the skill sets are between the college and pro game and why very few coaches who are good in one can be good in the other...

doubt he was blackballed, he just was a horrible pro coach. Shows how different the skill sets are between the college and pro game and why very few coaches who are good in one can be good in the other...

Well, to be fair.."It's hard to win in the NFL"

I don't think Weis has a reason to lie here. Hopefully Deadspin gets to work!

it's not about the truth of the statement - its about making it at all

if you want to stab someone in the back at least leak it secretly - i mean c'mon it's just common sense <_<