If we beat the Chefs...

If we do beat the Chefs, will there be an overblown sense of optimism on this board again? Will people actually be thinking we have a chance against the Pats? I hope not. I just want this season to end and hope things are made right at One Bills Drive in the offseason.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we do beat the Chefs, will there be an overblown sense of optimism on this board again? Will people actually be thinking we have a chance against the Pats? I hope not. I just want this season to end and hope things are made right at One Bills Drive in the offseason.

Yes. Everyone will talk about Fewell being head coach.

I don't think there's been an "ovefblown sense of optimism" on this board since the 5-1 start last year. For the most part it's been down right negative. And what difference does it make to you if there are some out there that may be overly optimistic, why do you take it personally?

I don't think so.

The optimism was that a breath of fresh air came into the team, and the Bills should have won in Jacksonville. Then we had the 'Fins game.

If they beat the Jets and Chiefs (which they should have), it would do alot toward leading this team back into respectability.

That is why I got excited.

As much as I want to believe, I know that this team would in no way beat Atlanta and Indy.

The Patriots dynasty is beginning to crack, but I don't think we could beat them either.

My excitement was in seeing a competitive team again.

I don't think there's been an "ovefblown sense of optimism" on this board since the 5-1 start last year. For the most part it's been down right negative. And what difference does it make to you if there are some out there that may be overly optimistic, why do you take it personally?

What crawled up your ass and died?

I don't think so.

The optimism was that a breath of fresh air came into the team, and the Bills should have won in Jacksonville. Then we had the 'Fins game.

If they beat the Jets and Chiefs (which they should have), it would do alot toward leading this team back into respectability.

That is why I got excited.

As much as I want to believe, I know that this team would in no way beat Atlanta and Indy.

The Patriots dynasty is beginning to crack, but I don't think we could beat them either.

My excitement was in seeing a competitive team again.

I agree, you can definitely tell this is a different Bills team since skeletor got the axe. But, there are so many holes on this team and last night all of them got exposed.

Lol!!! I spelled it like the commercial from a few years ago, when the old guy was painting the Chiefs endzone and forgot to add the "I" in Chiefs.

Ah. I remember that commercial.

Lol!!! I spelled it like the commercial from a few years ago, when the old guy was painting the Chiefs endzone and forgot to add the "I" in Chiefs.

Great googley-moogily (at least, that's what I remember him saying).

To answer your question, beating the Chiefs will not make many optimistic about this team but losing to them would increase the already hysteric pitch of the board. However, if we beat the Chiefs and the Pats, I can see some becoming optimistic on the teams chances next year. Also, if Brohm is kind of a wild card in the whole equation. If he starts and does well, I can see a lot people generating a plethora of "this team is on the rise" threads.

In Bills nation, its so bad that having any positive feelings can seem to some just overblown optimism...

On the pats thing, any team can beat any team on any given sunday, the Bills could beat the pats, but the chance is likely under 5%.

On the QB note:

It took two games for the NFL to figure out how to render fitzpatrick useless... Maybe we should activate the Newbie from the practice squad and we can play QB roullete every week to confuse opposing D.

*sigh*

In Bills nation, its so bad that having any positive feelings can seem to some just overblown optimism...

On the pats thing, any team can beat any team on any given sunday, the Bills could beat the pats, but the chance is likely under 5%.

On the QB note:

It took two games for the NFL to figure out how to render fitzpatrick useless... Maybe we should activate the Newbie from the practice squad and we can play QB roullete every week to confuse opposing D.

*sigh*

Don't get me wrong, after seeing the Bills play since Fewell was named interim HC, I started building some optimism. But I still didn't think they could make the playoffs and I didn't think Fitz was our answer at QB, like some people proclaimed on here.

Guest dog14787

It was all about the playoffs, we had one game to feel like we had a chance and everybody enjoyed it until the game was over, but even as crappy as the game was you can't lie, we thought we had a chance all the way up until the last interception was thrown because we did. This was two teams playing for there playoff lives and the Jets Defense prevailed, after all it is a pretty damn good defense the Jets have.

I want us to keep playing to win, but lets game plan the younger players like Shawn Nelson, Stupar, Hardy, and Johnsons into the action and give them as much on the field game day experience and participation as we can. keep Fred Jackson good and healthy for next season with a bigger dose of Marshawn Lynch, Lynch is still a pup himself in my opinion and needs touches.

Same for the defense, allow Aaron Maybin the start so he can experience first hand how much stronger he needs to be in this league to become successful at the DE position.

I doubt Fewell will see it my way, the fella is playing for his future and I can't say as blame him, but I do hope some thought would be put into getting a bigger dose of players like Hardy and Johnson as we finish out the season.