Darrelle Revis

As if we needed another Corner.....

IMO Revis is as over rated as they come. He has gotten high praise since day one but all my memories of him were letting WRs catch TD passes. Apparently this year he has been better, but I attribute that the the Jets D being so good as one unit, not him individually. I think I could have shut down TO/the Bills Offense at this point. McGee is hands down a better corner IMO.

I really really wanted Willis, but when he was selected I would have taken Beason. We needed a stud LB and let a great one pass us by (again). Mike Mayock rated Beason as the top LB so it would not have been a reach. You never draft RBs in the first half of the 1st round unless its Peterson/Sanders/Dickerson etc. RBs are a dime a dozen and only produce for 4-5 years and are more a product of the OL play than anything else. Ray Rice was a second rounder. Steve Slaton a 4th. Willie Parker undrafted. Fred Jackson undrafted. Frank Gore a 2nd or 3rd I believe. Tashard Choice 5th. I could go on all day. The high first round is for HOF RBs. Lynch is good but no HOFer....

We then could have saved a pick and not traded up for Poz. Maybe he falls to our origanl 2nd rounder and we take him anyways, or maybe he is gone and we ended up with David Harris - who is better than Poz. Or we end up getting Lynch anyways. Who knows how it pans out, too bad it always pans out worse for the Bills...

Peterson was only a smidge better than Lynch in their Rookie season...he barely beat out Marshawn for R.O.Y.

As if we needed another Corner.....

IMO Revis is as over rated as they come. He has gotten high praise since day one but all my memories of him were letting WRs catch TD passes. Apparently this year he has been better, but I attribute that the the Jets D being so good as one unit, not him individually. I think I could have shut down TO/the Bills Offense at this point. McGee is hands down a better corner IMO.

I really really wanted Willis, but when he was selected I would have taken Beason. We needed a stud LB and let a great one pass us by (again). Mike Mayock rated Beason as the top LB so it would not have been a reach. You never draft RBs in the first half of the 1st round unless its Peterson/Sanders/Dickerson etc. RBs are a dime a dozen and only produce for 4-5 years and are more a product of the OL play than anything else. Ray Rice was a second rounder. Steve Slaton a 4th. Willie Parker undrafted. Fred Jackson undrafted. Frank Gore a 2nd or 3rd I believe. Tashard Choice 5th. I could go on all day. The high first round is for HOF RBs. Lynch is good but no HOFer....

We then could have saved a pick and not traded up for Poz. Maybe he falls to our origanl 2nd rounder and we take him anyways, or maybe he is gone and we ended up with David Harris - who is better than Poz. Or we end up getting Lynch anyways. Who knows how it pans out, too bad it always pans out worse for the Bills...

Some Darrelle Revis info.

Here is a sampling of who Revis has covered this year and the results:

Week 1. Andre Johnson 4 catches 35 yards receiving

Week 2. Randy Moss 4 catches 24 yards receiving

Week 4. Marques Colston 2 catches 33 yards receiving

Week 11. Randy Moss 5 catches 34 yards receiving (one TD)

Week 12 Steve Smith 1 catch 5 yards receiving

Week 13 TO 3 catches 31 yards receiving

You state: "IMO Revis is as overrated as they come"

Overrated????? I think not.

Revis has developed into a one of the top cover corners, if not the top cover corner in the NFL.

The facts are, the Bills DID need another CB in the 2007 draft and Revis has turned into a big time difference maker.

The other fact is that when an old, bumbling, ill-informed owner makes the final decision on draft picks for an organization you end up with a franchise that sucks.

I have my doubts that this is correct. The story had been that Ralph pushed for Dwayne Wright, not Lynch. I think this person may have misremembered the stories that came out during that draft. While Wright stunk, the draft talking heads were praising the pick as a value one on ESPN.

Revis has developed into a one of the top cover corners, if not the top cover corner in the NFL.

The facts are, the Bills DID need another CB in the 2007 draft and Revis has turned into a big time difference maker.

The other fact is that when an old, bumbling, ill-informed owner makes the final decision on draft picks for an organization you end up with a franchise that sucks.

Yea, after that guy said Revis is overrated, I ignored everything he said after that.

Just think if you owned the Buffalo Bills franchise, your going to tell me you wouldn't sit in the draft room and want to make some of your own choices?

It all comes down to a GM with balls like Bill Polian, who drafted HoF Bruce Smith while Ralph Wilson wanted to spend that #1 on Doug Flutie. I'd have to say Bill Polian was the best thing to happen to this franchise... EVER!, and the owner fired him. Now the Colts have been in the payoffs the last 10 years and where have the Bills been?

This franchise will continue down the road to mediocrity until the owner steps away and hires a football person to be president, and he hires a knowledgeable football person to be GM, and he hires an experienced head coach, and he hires experienced coordinators.

Of course we all know that will never happen because this owner will never give up the power, plus the fact he will never pay all those saleries

What is the difference between Al Davis and Ralph Wilson?

Ralph also wanted to draft Daryl Talley, right after a West Virginia game in which Talley was incredible. I remember watching it, and then seeing quotes from Ralph about wanting to draft a player like Talley....

This is silly, because if ANYONE on this board owned a team, they would likely be the most meddlesome of owners! Do you think that if Ralph didn't own a team he would be spending his time on a board like this?

Personally, I would be the Owner/GM/Personnel Director/Head Coach, all the other titles would all have the word "Assistant" in them.

Week 1: Andre Johnson is on my fantasy team - half the games this season have been identical to this.

Week 2: Same as above

Week 4: Marques Colston never puts up huge numbers either

Week 11: He allowed a touchdown

Week 12: If it was 3 years ago this would mean something to men

Week 13: Allowing 3 catches for 31 yards is a bad outing vrs Buffalo TO.

Im still not impressed and would take McGee every day. And I assume that you figure Devis covered these guys every snap every play lock down man coverage every time. My guess is they played some zone. Maybe Wes Wlker had 6 catches in his zone..... Stop drinking the ESPN Kool Aid

Im still not impressed and would take McGee every day. And I assume that you figure Devis covered these guys every snap every play lock down man coverage every time. My guess is they played some zone. Maybe Wes Wlker had 6 catches in his zone..... Stop drinking the ESPN Kool Aid

Well, you can't deny he's a shutdown corner either.

I have my doubts that this is correct. The story had been that Ralph pushed for Dwayne Wright, not Lynch. I think this person may have misremembered the stories that came out during that draft. While Wright stunk, the draft talking heads were praising the pick as a value one on ESPN.

Nolan Nawrocki from Pro Football Weekly did not "misremember" anything-he posted his analysis the day of the 2007 draft.

Pro Football Weekly "had" strong ties to the Bills at the time.

The owners of PFW(who are Chicago based) are personal friends of both Levy and Jauron.

Nawrocki was leaked this information the day of the draft.

Week 1: Andre Johnson is on my fantasy team - half the games this season have been identical to this.

Week 2: Same as above

Week 4: Marques Colston never puts up huge numbers either

Week 11: He allowed a touchdown

Week 12: If it was 3 years ago this would mean something to men

Week 13: Allowing 3 catches for 31 yards is a bad outing vrs Buffalo TO.

Just waive the white flag, please! You are trying to discredit the abilities of Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Marques Colston, Steve Smith , T.O., and Revis? Talk about making yourself look foolish for the sake of an argument, and one in which you are CLEARLY wrong. By the way Revis is almost always locked into one on one coverage. That is what makes him so special.

Ralph also wanted to draft Daryl Talley, right after a West Virginia game in which Talley was incredible. I remember watching it, and then seeing quotes from Ralph about wanting to draft a player like Talley....

This is silly, because if ANYONE on this board owned a team, they would likely be the most meddlesome of owners! Do you think that if Ralph didn't own a team he would be spending his time on a board like this?

Personally, I would be the Owner/GM/Personnel Director/Head Coach, all the other titles would all have the word "Assistant" in them.

Ralph Wilson also stated he would have drafted Brian Bosworth and Tony Mandarich if he had the chance.

That was my point, everyone on this board would be a meddlesome owner because we all love football.

It must be extremely difficult as an owner to sit back and allows others to make all the personnel decisions. Nevertheless I have to admire those owners who are not meddlesome for their restraint.

At this point If I were Ralph Wilson I'd offer Ozzie Newsome the job as president and let him run the Bills like he has done with the Ravens. Even if it took a piece of the franchise to get him into Buffalo, I'd do it and sit back and let him do his job.

In the 2007 draft it was reported at the time that the Bills selection came down to either Darrelle Revis or Marshawn Lynch.

The player personnel staff wanted Revis, Ralph wanted Lynch.

Here is a the analysis that Nolan Nawrocki wrote in Pro Football Weekly the day of the draft in 2007:

12. Buffalo — RB Marshawn Lynch, California

This was an owner’s decision, and like most decisions where owners get involved, a bad one, in my opinion. Lynch is talented, no doubt, but he comes from an inner-city background, much like Willis McGahee, and will struggle to fit into the culture established in Buffalo.

Marv to his credit know what we had in Fred Jackson..... I remember him saying we had a gem in Jackson back in 2007.

So did we really need Lynch when we already had Jackson???

So this goes to show that a weak front office allowed the Owner to mess with personnel, and we missed on BOTH Revis and Ngata.

DAMN SHAME.

And if we had used that pick on yet another CB this place would have gone batshit crazy.

Who cares? Better "this place" go crazy and be wrong than go crazy and be right. Unfortunately this place in addition to being wrong about not going crazy about Lynch/Revis - was also right about going crazy over the Whitner-Ngata disaster. That means the actual people in charge of our football team are wrong an awful lot. Lets not worry about that and continue arguing semantics about consensus TBD opinions though....

The reality of the scenario is that we have a couple of pretty good corners that are either on IR or playing hurt right now. I don't think McKelvin is near Revis yet but McGee's a pretty damn talented corner. The Jets finally got a pick right, they don't exactly have the most stellar draft record either.

Who cares about the Jets draft record?

In the 2007 draft it was reported at the time that the Bills selection came down to either Darrelle Revis or Marshawn Lynch.

The player personnel staff wanted Revis, Ralph wanted Lynch.

Here is a the analysis that Nolan Nawrocki wrote in Pro Football Weekly the day of the draft in 2007:

12. Buffalo — RB Marshawn Lynch, California

This was an owner’s decision, and like most decisions where owners get involved, a bad one, in my opinion. Lynch is talented, no doubt, but he comes from an inner-city background, much like Willis McGahee, and will struggle to fit into the culture established in Buffalo.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.