TBD's 2010 World Cup Thread

PTS

Brazil Portugal will pass.

Not too complicated.

Algeria is a tough matchup.

Brazil should get out but Ivory Coast is a huge problem for Portugal.

All these teams are tough matchups but if I had to pick an African team for the USA to play, Algeria would be it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks PTS

This is about as good of a draw that we could of hoped for. All three of the teams are all very winnable games.

Great Draw!!

England isn't winnable. England will most likely win the WC this year. Great coach, great system.

Final England vs Brazil

England isn't winnable. England will most likely win the WC this year. Great coach, great system.

Final England vs Brazil

You i understand coming out of the woodwork for a :D kickball :death: thread.

What's the rest of yous excuses? Yall should be ashamed of yourselves. A soccer thread has more responses than NG's marvelous stupendous basketball player throwing a football thread.

Two pages devoted to a draw?

A draw?

I have to go lie down.

I went to the World Cup in 06 and there are no words that can describe attending it.

Having seen the cities and venues the USA drew along with the competition, I'm debating going to this one. I was planning on sitting out South Africa and already planning on Brazil in 2014 but the three cities the USA plays in are the local driving equivalent of Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Rochester making this much more affordable than previously thought.

I went to the World Cup in 06 and there are no words that can describe attending it.

Having seen the cities and venues the USA drew along with the competition, I'm debating going to this one. I was planning on sitting out South Africa and already planning on Brazil in 2014 but the three cities the USA plays in are the local driving equivalent of Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Rochester making this much more affordable than previously thought.

I will try to go to the next one if possible. It's expensive.

What's the rest of yous excuses? Yall should be ashamed of yourselves. A soccer thread has more responses than NG's marvelous stupendous basketball player throwing a football thread.

A draw?

I have to go lie down.

Maybe because Charlize Theron was hosting it?

I have been around just not posting. Not really worth it.

You i understand coming out of the woodwork for a :death: kickball :blush: thread.

A draw?

I have to go lie down.

:D;):wallbash:

A draw?

I have to go lie down.

+100000000000.

Final England vs Brazil

:D

But I wish I had your confidence

England should be able to progress and their recent form under Capello has generally been superb. They are in with a good shout, but over the years we have underperformed or found ways to lose which are heartbreaking.

Of course it is the first time we have had such a good manager since the finals in Italy.

I am not convinced England is the team to beat. I would say they are one of the favorites, but Italy is still defending champion and they have a cake draw. I also think Spain is a top 3 contender, IF Torres is healthy. He is one of the best strikers in the world. England's Rooney is also, but he is not as able to score from anywhere like Torres.

Either way, I cant wait for June, 2010.

BTW- I will be cheering on the good ole' USA, as well as the Netherlands. i like the Dutch. As a Nation, they excel at damn near every sport...

I like our draw! Beating England would be awesome! I love our chances of getting out of the first group!

I caught a fair bit of the coverage today and I'm pretty excited. I LOVE what ESPN has done with their increased commitment to soccer. They've got a nice panel of analysts and the coverage is better than it's ever been in the past.

I was a bit sad to hear the early assessment on the Germans, but as long as we have Krazy Klose on the squad we can score at any time. I'm assuming Kahn is not the keeper this year, but I didn't hear anything to confirm that.

As for the USA, I'm pretty psyched about this draw, especially compared to last time around! If we don't advance past the group stage, I want all you Prima Donovan lovers to admit that he's TOTALLY OVERRATED!! :thumbsup: He's the "leader" of this team, and if we don't come out of the group then the blame will fall mainly on his little shoulders.

We had a Jekyll and Hyde showing at the Confederations Cup, so hopefully we start strong and finish strong in South Africa!

I cannot WAIT!!!!