Fassel

billsfan_34

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pass. I wanted him five years ago, but the shine has wore off. Assuming the last two games weren't a mirage, I'm leaning more and more toward Fewell.

Good point..I think he has done a great job motivating and getting the players ready...but what happens when he has to coach against the big dogs...not saying he hasnt done a good job...just not sold yet. And I think this team needs fresh faces from top to bottom. I do appreciate your opinion.

Good point..I think he has done a great job motivating and getting the players ready...but what happens when he has to coach against the big dogs...not saying he hasnt done a good job...just not sold yet. And I think this team needs fresh faces from top to bottom. I do appreciate your opinion.

We'll find out down the stretch when Fewell faces Belichick, an Atlanta team fighting for its playoff life and an Indy club that might be aiming for a perfect record. It's a huge advantage that we play those teams, so we can see how Fewell stacks up against them. If the Bills show fight in those games and actually win one or two, it would go a long way toward Perry keeping the job. If the Bills lie down, on the other hand, it might be time to look elsewhere.

It will be interesting, that's for sure.

Guest dog14787

I like Fassel, he's not my top choice, but I would not be upset if they hired him.

I would actually get a big kick out of Fassel bringing JP back into Buffalo and then taking us to the playoffs.

I like Fassel, he's not my top choice, but I would not be upset if they hired him.

I would actually get a big kick out of Fassel bringing JP back into Buffalo and then taking us to the playoffs.

I'd get a big kick out of winning the lottery. That's just as likely as Losman ever leading an NFL team to the playoffs.

let's see what he does with those final 3 games of the season.

My dim recollection is that Fassel's assumption of offensive coordinator responsibilities from OC Sean Payton midway through the 02 season created a lot of bad blood towards Fassel throughout the league. Payton has a lot of fans, and I recall people thinking that Fassel had wronged him. Outside of his Ravens gig, Fassel has had a hard time getting an interview (much less a job) since leaving the Giants.

My dim recollection is that Fassel's assumption of offensive coordinator responsibilities from OC Sean Payton midway through the 02 season created a lot of bad blood towards Fassel throughout the league. Payton has a lot of fans, and I recall people thinking that Fassel had wronged him. Outside of his Ravens gig, Fassel has had a hard time getting an interview (much less a job) since leaving the Giants.

I also (equally dimly) recall that.

Why not? The guy has something to prove and is a great HC IMO. I know many want a real GM first as I do...but I wouldnt mind fassel for our next HC. Thoughts??

Great coach? Get real! Talk to some Giants fans & then come back here & tell us if you still want Fassel. Very mediocre coach. Got lucky one year when the NFC had nothing & got into the Super Bowl. His record was nothing special:

1997 10-5-1, playoffs 0-1

1998 8-8

1999 7-9

2000 12-4 playoffs 2-0 Super Bowl 0-1

2001 7-9

2002 10-6 playoffs 0-1

2003 4-12

After Giants' firing: Fired as OC of Ravens, went to minor leagues to coach.

Fassell would be a good hire. Not my top pick, but for sure in the top 10. His record quoted above isn't great, but a huckuva lot better then we've seen the last 10 years.

Give Perry the next 5 games to see what he can do. I'm withholding my opinion on him until then.