Clayton sez Shannahan not coming to Bflo ...

merlin

Most of the posters here have already come to the conclusion that there is no way the Buffalo Bills pay 10 million to any head coach. If it ever came down to a bidding war the Redskins make around 35 million more then the Bills, they can't compete.

If Perry Fewell can get more wins with this ragtag group of players and coaches, then he has earned the job and deserves it.

With 5 games to go Fewell is 1-1

Jags L close game

Miami W

Jets 5-6

@Chiefs 3-8

Patriots 7-4

@Falcons 6-5

Colts 11-0

If the Bills beat the Jets Thursday night and Chiefs the next week I'd think Fewell should be offered the job full time, JMO

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the posters here have already come to the conclusion that there is no way the Buffalo Bills pay 10 million to any head coach. If it ever came down to a bidding war the Redskins make around 35 million more then the Bills, they can't compete.

If Perry Fewell can get more wins with this ragtag group of players and coaches, then he has earned the job and deserves it.

Jags L close game

Miami W

Jets 5-6

@Chiefs 3-8

Patriots 7-4

@Falcons 6-5

Colts 11-0

If the Bills beat the Jets Thursday night and Chiefs the next week I'd think Fewell should be offered the job full time, JMO

Huh? The Dols are a bad team, as are the Chefs, and the Bills beat the Jets under Jauron IN Jersey. If Fewell can win-out, then you consider keeping him HC. But even then, he won't sell season tickets, so I doubt he stays.

Thank God that after the USFL folded that twobillsdrive was not around. I can only imagine the fanbase chatter with regards to Jim Kelly. Would have ran him out of town like Peters, Shannahan, and everyone else that says no thanks just once to us.

Yea let him go, so we can get another, Dick Jauron, Greg Williams or Mike Mularkey type of somewhat successful coordinators, who are unproven or unsuccessful as head coaches, but most importantly come cheap.

We had iron clad rights to Kelly so he wasn't going anywhere. Peters quit on his team. You don't reward players who quit on you. Ask any Philly fan if they think Peters is worth $11M.

As for Shanahan, what guarantee do you get for your $50M? You think he's some kind of miracle worker? He had Elway when arrived with the Broncos and he left the team in flames when he left. As far as I can tell Shanahan has never had to build a team from the bottom, so why are you so convinced he can do the job, much less acting as his own GM?

I would prefer someone who doesn't act like WNY is some kind of sinkhole.

PTR

Huh? The Dols are a bad team, as are the Chefs, and the Bills beat the Jets under Jauron IN Jersey. If Fewell can win-out, then you consider keeping him HC. But even then, he won't sell season tickets, so I doubt he stays.

Bills fans won't buy tickets for a winning team??? :censored:

PTR

This is just his speculation and not based on any actual news...lame...

Not saying we are getting Shannahan, but this is just more BS media speculation...not to mention, Snyder and Jerry Jones are not good fits for a coach like Shannahan or Cowher with the way they meddle. The more threatening potential job opening would be Houston who has some pretty good to premium players to build around in Daniels, Johnson, Williams, Schaub, Slaton, etc...

Jags L close game

Miami W

Jets 5-6

@Chiefs 3-8

Patriots 7-4

@Falcons 6-5

Colts 11-0

I honestly wouldn't mind keeping Fewell as long as we pick up a real OC (Weis maybe?). But one thing is for sure, we need a new GM. Fewell I don't mind keeping. It is the GM i am most worried about.

I want Shanahan as HC. But if he wants to also be GM and bring his Broncos DC Bob Slowik with him to run a 3-4, which is what I've been hearing, much less for $10M/year and part ownership, which may limit the Bills' ability to add players, I'll have to say "pass."

I honestly wouldn't mind keeping Fewell as long as we pick up a real OC (Weis maybe?). But one thing is for sure, we need a new GM. Fewell I don't mind keeping. It is the GM i am most worried about.

Bingo! The hiring of the right GM is key to the resurrection of the Bills.

Thank God that after the USFL folded that twobillsdrive was not around. I can only imagine the fanbase chatter with regards to Jim Kelly. Would have ran him out of town like Peters, Shannahan, and everyone else that says no thanks just once to us.

He hasn't said no. Some reporter made up some stuff.

That said, like many other are saying, I'm much more interested in a strong gm/personnel department.

It would also be fun to watch that front office in Washington.

We had iron clad rights to Kelly so he wasn't going anywhere. Peters quit on his team. You don't reward players who quit on you. Ask any Philly fan if they think Peters is worth $11M.

As for Shanahan, what guarantee do you get for your $50M? You think he's some kind of miracle worker? He had Elway when arrived with the Broncos and he left the team in flames when he left. As far as I can tell Shanahan has never had to build a team from the bottom, so why are you so convinced he can do the job, much less acting as his own GM?

PTR

We had iron clad rights to Peters. Franchise Tag after the next two years he was signed for. And your missing the point. The point is it seems like a lot of Buffalo fans are shocked when we are turned down now... And then when people dare say no it is all F You man F you.

PTR

I agree....and I always thought that Shanahan was a GREAT coach, but a very poor judge of talent at the draft...is that true?Wouldn't want him to have all the keys to the kingdom.....

First off, why is Dallas' name mentioned when it comes to a HC job next season. The Cowgirls are in first place in the NFC East and plan on firing Wade Phillips?! Really?!

Second, like other posters have stated, if we didn't have a shot at Shanahan, then why we he agree to meet with us and spend 7 hours over a two day period talking to Brandon?

Clayton is a baffoon. We're gonna continue to hear other ass clowns like him saying Shanahan, Cowher, Holmgren and the other available top tier coaches are gonna want to go to DC or other high profile cities.

Dallas is mentioned because they face some GOOD teams in December & everyone expects Romo & the Boys to fold their tents in Dec. as they do evey year.

Adam Schefter also said he did not think Shannahan would go to Buffalo.

I think firing and hiring a coach in mid season is a bad idea. What coach would commit to a team with out first seeing what other jobs would become available. We have already been turned down by Holgram, Cowher, Marty, and probaly Shanahan. They should have kept their mouth shut till the day after the Superbowl and let Perry coach it out. If he produces he stays, if not you start interviews.

Jags L close game

Miami W

Jets 5-6

@Chiefs 3-8

Patriots 7-4

@Falcons 6-5

Colts 11-0

I don't understand why a win over the Jets and Chiefs would convince you to hire Fewell. Jauron was the coach when the Bills beat the Jets earlier this year and the Chiefs just unloaded one of their better players - Larry Johnson. Plus the Bills beat the Chiefs last year. Now if Fewell beats NE and Atlanta then I'll jump on board.