Division still within grasp???

Lenigmusx

Pats have 3 more road games. If they lose to Miami, Us and Houston on the road and the big if..we win out its ours!!!

The Pats have to lose to Miami and the Bills have to beat the Jets. Then we have to finish better or tied with the Pats but ahead of the Jets and Phins. We win on divisional record. A long shot but not impossible.

I'm not sure what the tiebreaker is with three or more teams. By beating NE* Maimi would be 4-2. When we best the Jets they will be 1-5. Conference records are yet to be determined.

PTR

The Pats have to lose to Miami and the Bills have to beat the Jets. Then we have to finish better or tied with the Pats but ahead of the Jets and Phins. We win on divisional record. A long shot but not impossible.

I'm not sure what the tiebreaker is with three or more teams. By beating NE* Maimi would be 4-2. When we best the Jets they will be 1-5. Conference records are yet to be determined.

PTR

Just like the Chargers last year, a good flameout makes it possible. Surely won't happen, but it will make the next couple weeks exciting to watch

Pats have 3 more road games. If they lose to Miami, Us and Houston on the road and the big if..we win out its ours!!!

I salute your optimism!!!!!!! Great job! I wish I was as optimistic, but I sure hope what you have outlined happens!! :thumbsup:

Ironically, they probably have a better chance of winning the division than they do of getting a wild card spot.

Somebody put together a site where he estimated the odds for each team/spot:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html

According to this, the Bills have a less than 1% chance to win the division or make the playoffs as a wildcard.

PTR

I also salute you as well! Great Optimism! I need to surround myself with great character people like yourself to stay positive!!!! Lets go Bills, Lets go Bills....Babababa Billlllllls !!!!!!!! Thanks for elevating my mood!

I also salute you as well! Great Optimism! I need to surround myself with great character people like yourself to stay positive!!!! Lets go Bills, Lets go Bills....Babababa Billlllllls !!!!!!!! Thanks for elevating my mood!

The question was asked...I answered it. Not making predictions. Just saying this is what has to happen for the Bills to win the AFC East.

PTR

we aren't making the playoffs - but the fact that this thread even exists shows how a single choice or two by a coach can change everything.

probably half the teams that miss the playoffs could look back and say "if only" and point to a handful of plays that ruined their chances by losing them a few games. In the past 3 seasons how many more games would the bills have won if a single, reasonable play had gone just a bit differently in the last 5 minutes . May not have gotten us to the playoffs but would have made it interesting.....

If losman hadn't rolled out and fumbled vs the jets

if leodis fell to the ground when touched

if the broncos only had 9 seconds left instead of 11 to kick a last second FG

then add the browns / cowboys etc to the list and we might actually have a few 9-7 or 10-6 seasons in the mix.

good coaches win more close ones than they lose....so let's pick a good one.