LOST...Season 6

duey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing that struck me was the whale inside of Claire's bag, didn't Aaron have a similar whale when Kate and Jack were his "parents"?

That is correct. Doc Jensen mentions that Kate gave Aaron the whale in the Original Timeline in the season 4 episode "Something Nice Back Home"

HOLY SHNICKLEFRITZ!!! Okay a lot to talk about from tonight's episode but first I have to let it all sink in. One thought I did have right off of the bat was when MIB was showing Sawyer the names in the cave and he got to "Kwon" he said "I don't know if that's Sun or Jin"... I thought why couldn't it be their kid that Jacob meant?

Loved last nights episode! Really gave us a lot to chew on. Some thoughts and observations…

I think that MIBwas in Christian Sheppard’s body right after the plane crashed on the island. Here was a dead body ready to be “used.” I think he then used Claire in that regard for a while until he was able to get into John (when he died). He used John because he knew he could then get Ben to do his dirty work (killing Jacob).

I think MIB at some point long long ago came to the island and was trapped there by the boy Jacob who wanted a playmate. The boy Jacob is probably some kind of God or supernatural entity who was always on the island. He became lonely and sought company in the form of MIB (maybe a kid at that time too). To even the playing field, Jacob gave MIB powers as well. They play the same game over and over…like chess. Jacob said last season that each time they play it is “progress,” just like becoming a better chess player. Chess even fits into the black vs. white theme.

Jacob sets the rules in this game, hence his visit to Locke yesterday (“You can’t kill him…you know the rules”). And just like a little kid, Locke/MIB throws a little tantrum and say in so many words “You can’t tell ME what to do!!!”

I think MIB is trapped on the island and maybe the only way he can get off is if he is ALLOWED to enter someone’s body. Hence his asking James if he wants to go home, and that they could go together. Almost like a vampire needing to be invited into someone’s home before they can enter.

I think Jacob was looking for his next body to be in…the screening of candidates. By process of elimination, the strongest and smartest would be the last one alive, and that person would then become Jacob.

Everyone that has ever been brought to the island was at some point screened, either by Jacob or the smoke monster (MIB). The ones that were perceived as a treat (i.e. the more powerful chess pieces) to Jacob or MIB was in some way killed off or captured by the other (or at least there were attempts to kill them off). Some characters died…others who are just pawns are allowed to live their lives on the island.

The more I think about it, the more I think that this is all some kind of supernatural chess game between child Gods.

PHEW! There you have it...duey's two cents. Have at it! :lol:

I also think that Aaron flat lining was a significant scene, lots of possibilities there...

This may be a correlation to when Claire couldn't feel kicking for a while and thought something must be wrong. Then, when Aaron did, she put Jin's hand on her belly.

-----

Locke is somehow with Helen in the sideways flashes. And for me, at least, it seems like his obsessive anger is gone. Doesn't mean he's not frustrated at little things, but it's like he's taken the "let it go" advice oft given to Jack. With the sprinkler scene, it was like his "communion with the island"/knowing exactly when it would rain was utterly lost. He is not the person he was on the island, and that's not a cheap crack at the disabled, b/c it's not entirely owing to his being in the wheelchair. There is a certain meekness to him... as Sawyer says, scared.

Helen mentioned Locke's father when they were talking about the wedding while he was in the bath. What did she say?

Sideways Hurley. "Randy Nations is a total douche, man." Rose, a temp office manager, still has cancer. Ben is a European History teacher --- and there was a flash of recognition, after a Felix Unger-style tirade about maintenance of the coffeemaker. Looks like coolie Hurley's getting the band back together. That might be fitting in the sideways world, as it was Hurley who "opened the box" originally.

I missed it. Did Helen rip up the business card?

-----

-Cool perspective shot on how the monster moves around the island.

-Check out Sawyer's bender! Complete with dirty wife-beater and white boxers. I don't think the alcohol was DHARMA-labeled, was it? That was something that puzzled me about the bottle of McCutcheon's he had in his stash (that Charlie and Hurley used to get Desmond drunk). Where the hell did that come from? We've been promised that there will be an answer re: the food drops this season.

-Ben lies, naturally, and Ilana picks up some of Jacob's ashes. Flock is "recruiting." And shortly, Ilana reveals that MIB, once he possessed it, is now stuck in Locke's body (except when reverting to smoke monster). Which begs the question of whether MIB ever possessed Christian's body.

-Found out what a "candidate" means. Is it safe to presume that the blond boy apparition is Young Jacob? "You know the rules. You can't kill him." Does that mean Richard (who couldn't see him), Sawyer (who could) or ....? To which, Flocke shouts Locke's sig line, "Don't tell me what I can't do!" I had left it open that MIB went off-island and possessed Locke's body near birth. Wrong. MIB is looking to leave the island. So he downloads minds/memories? Apparently Locke never read "Of Mice and Men."

-As Lapidis said, weirdest funeral ever! Interesting that they trekked him all the way over to the original burial ground (the statue was at least half a day's sail from the camp). Going back to the painting on the hatch door, there were writings that marked graves of certain people, etc. Do all of the 815ers or at least "candidates" need to be buried there?

- A little bit of 4th wall conversation from the execs to us viewers: "If you want to shoot me, shoot me! But you are so close. It would be a shame to turn back now!"

- And then we get to the meat of the episode. A climb and fall down the coastal ladder, and we're evidently in (Jacob? /) MIB's office. White and Black stones on the balance --- Flocke casts the white one into the ocean as an "inside joke." There are rocks of other colors as well. Thinking it's some kind of judgment room.

Here, I want to make note of an original posit of mine. When they crashed, the main characters wore distinct color shirts, etc. They have since changed colors with some frequency. Perhaps the rocks, alongside Jacob's 'penchant for numbers' are like board pieces for each character (i.e. in Life, each player chooses a different color car).

4 - Locke

8 - Reyes

15 - Ford

16 - Jarrah

23 - Shephard

42 - Kwon (Jin, Sun, or baby Kwon

Is there any indication that the numbers are re-used? In a few screen captures, I didn't see any. And there aren't any more names to be crossed off. This is the final group of "candidates" to find a new protector of the island... that job title according to Flocke.

What about Desmond's 108? No word on what role the Constant plays. Posit this: Richard is the constant for Jacob/MIB's game.

Again, we get the rant that they're all puppets controlled by Jacob, similar to Locke's rant that they were puppets to the computer. "[Jacob] was pushing you to the island." And we revisit the question of what the nature of all of this is. Locke's assertion that the island needed to be protected, Jack saying, "It's just an island!" in the S4 finale.

Three choices:

- Do nothing. Until your name is crossed out.

- Take over Jacob's job. What exactly this job entails... Would the successor have to start more games?

- Leave the island. Before I learned that Ilana had said MIB now can't possess another body, I was thinking that MIB meant that he would possess Sawyer. Evidently, that's not an option.

If they could all leave and nothing would happen, that would be such a cop-out. Seems to me that this protector's job might be to keep MIB on the island... to contain him here so he can't be unleashed on the world. Keeping this entity (can we call him a god?) at bay is how the world is saved.

-----

Helen mentioned Locke's father when they were talking about the wedding while he was in the bath. What did she say?

I missed it. Did Helen rip up the business card?

-----

What Helen said was this..."Let's just get my parents and your father and..." Obviously alluding to a simple wedding somewhere with the parents. Clearly this means that John is on good terms with his father...so if that's the case how the hell did John get hurt?

And yes...she did tear up the Jack's business card.

It sure does seem like Hurley is the key of getting everyone together, even if it is being done unconsciously. I wonder if he's almost like Jacob this time around...maybe he doesn't need to physically touch everyone...maybe he just needs to encounter them and gently push them in one direction or another.

I thought this was actually the best episode in quite a while.

I'm very intrigued by the new revelation involving the numbers/colors. It would seem that Jacob is an even grander puppeteer than we thought.

A prediction...

- Sawyer has crossed briefly to the dark side, but he's a good guy. I think he will be killed in the process of redeeming himself.

The obvious choice is the blond boy is Jacob, in fact he even looks like the elder version. However, the very first thing I thought of was:

AARON!!

Remember, he is destined for something great, and we don't know what that is. He is the wild card on this show, along with Walt. I suspect both will have a large role upcoming...

Ok game time...

We all have our theories on how the show is going to end.

Now, what do you think is the WORST possible ending the writers could come up with? Let's brainstorm.

Here's my candidate...

The whole thing turns out to be a dream had by Vincent the dog while he is napping in the cargo hold of the plane.

one thing i noticed regarding the candidates, they are all male. with the exception of Kwon, who we do not know if it refers to Jin or Sun. And no "Austin" even though he gave Kate the lunchbox.

Going off this, I assume (ASS-U-ME) that Kwon refers to Jin. but im jumping to conclusions.

The more I think about it, the more I think that this is all some kind of supernatural chess game between child Gods.

PHEW! There you have it...duey's two cents. Have at it! :devil:

Are they playing chess or some form of backgammon? As let's not forget that's the game Locke and Walt were playing in Season 1 and also has black and white elements. Also it might account for why numbers are assigned to certain people.

Helen ripping up Jack's business card to me is telling only because she did it after John called on his cell phone. As if it's in his cell phone he could always call it back if needed/wanted. We still don't know what Locke did in Australia because if he was turned down for the walkabout and didn't go to his business meetings, is there more we still have to learn? or is his story over?

Ilana picking up Jacob's ashes was very interesting. Ben confessing to Locke's murder but not Jacob's another thing I took from the episode. Also the young boy, Richard can't see him but Sawyer could makes you wonder who is it? Jacob reborn as Aaron has some merit. I'm thinking Kwan is in fact Sun due to the Oceanic 6 connection.

Flocke removing the white stone from the balance and throwing it into the ocean makes me think he's showing his arrogance that he feels he's tipped things on his side and now him and Jacob are no longer equals. Richard's denying Flocke's request to follow him reminds me of a bible story in which the Devil tempting Jesus to follow him instead of God. Flocke also offering to give Sawyer an education of what's really going on reminds me of a few bible stories of the Devil. Also Sawyer's answer if he wants to go home? "Hell Yeah" Make it all make it seem now rather obvious that Flocke is the devil incarnate.

Yet him proclaiming to Sawyer that he once was human makes you wonder perhaps he isn't. I'm really just rambling things that feel like might be worth noting.