LOST...Season 6

duey

Started re-watching Season 5 last night so the gf could catch up. We were up until 3am, and are planning our Saturday night around finishing it. LOL

CAN. NOT. WAIT. FOR. TUESDAY!!

although, the first 4 minutes of the Season 6 premier has been sent out by the producers. I'm not going to watch it though. I'm also guessing that it is mostly what we've seen already.

But if you are interested...

Awesome. Yeah, without question, that's a MAJOR spoiler.

But I want as many freakin' spoilers as I can get.

Spoiler-y discussion yellow-fonted: This was something I've read about for a while now --- that the explosion resets the timeline. As Faraday explained in the DVD bonus 'extended scene,' all of the Left Behinders are variables. Anything they do affects the future (and with that, Sayid shooting Ben, etc. didn't happen originally)... But most of the things they do aren't big/important enough to change the course of events. As Faraday draws the metaphor, it's like throwing a pebble in the stream --- its effect is minimal. But destroying the Swan site/energy is like dropping a huge boulder in the stream --- it's effect on the course of events is a major "course correction." This clip still introduces some questions in the meantime. 1) Why did the plane still shake at that moment? 2) Do Jack et al remember what happened in the alternate timeline? I believe the answer to #2 is yes... for those Losties whom Jacob touched, if only b/c a blank slate at this point in the series is a total cop-out.

I would also guess that Juliet's prolonged absence (in the real world, for her new show, "V") will be explained by her being transported akin to when Ben and Locke moved the "frozen donkey wheel." Altho her exit point will not be Tunisia, like it was for the Orchid's energy. In one way, Juliet's story might be similar to Desmond's when he turned the Swan key (since Juliet is over the Swan's energy). The "exit" for the Swan appears to be the island. When she will show up is the question.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just caught ~ the last 15 minutes of the season 6 premiere. Yeah, you read that right.

Someone put up a crappy internet feed of the "Sunset on the Beach" LOST premiere party in Hawai'i. A big screen was set up. 'Course, somebody had to keep revving up their friggin' motorcycle during a 5-minute span. Probably Lindelof! :)

It was kind of what I expected, and then again, it wasn't.

W/o giving away its context, the highlight quote of this ep: "I'm sorry you had to see that."

There is now a fuller S6 preview video available.

This was released by ABC yesterday, but it's located on a spoiler site, so don't say I didn't warn you. I would expect that it will be the after-ep 'next week' preview.

After hearing so long that no one was going to see a bit of the premiere until 2/2, this is a bit discombobulating. There's now a big part of me that's saying not to snoop around any more, and enjoy each bite we've got left w/o getting a look at it being made in the kitchen. But then, there's the part of me that figures I'm already 'LOST Impure' so I might as well go for broke. I'm pretty sure I'm going to avoid the Web stuff from this point on. It just makes discussion easier not to be full of spoiler material that I'd have to hold back on.

19 1/2 hours!

Didn't realize that the premiere party was so well-attended. Quite a few who flew especially for it. Hawai'i is really going to miss the show, economically. The millions spent on production, etc. You'd be surprised how many tourists it helps attract, or at least puts people over the tipping point of deciding on it over, say, Florida.

Also, the Top 25 "LOST" quotes, according to some dude. My personal favorite?

"Those things had to happen to me. That was my destiny. But you'll understand soon enough that there are consequences to being chosen... because, destiny, John, is a fickle B word." -- Benjamin Linus, Cabin Fever

19 1/2 hours!

Didn't realize that the premiere party was so well-attended. Quite a few who flew especially for it. Hawai'i is really going to miss the show, economically. The millions spent on production, etc. You'd be surprised how many tourists it helps attract, or at least puts people over the tipping point of deciding on it over, say, Florida.

Also, the Top 25 "LOST" quotes, according to some dude. My personal favorite?

9.5 more hours!! im getting giddy like a kid on xmas eve

ive had a few friends vacation in hawaii and get some great pics at recognizable locations.

the field where hurly and co. were golfing (season1) is pretty open territory. i need to make a pilgrimage :wallbash:

9.5 more hours!! im getting giddy like a kid on xmas eve

ive had a few friends vacation in hawaii and get some great pics at recognizable locations.

the field where hurly and co. were golfing (season1) is pretty open territory. i need to make a pilgrimage :wallbash:

I'm with you on this one, I even took the night off(something I used to do when the Bills were good and would have a playoff game). This is the closest I've had to that feeling since.

Well, here we go with the guide listing...

LOST | "Final Chapter" re-cap | ABC, 8 p.m.

A chapter in the crash of Oceanic flight 815 on the mysterious island spotlights inhabitants, questions that have been answered, and those that remain a mystery.

LOST | "LA X (Parts 1 & 2)" | ABC 9-11 p.m.

The aftermath from the detonation of the hydrogen bomb is revealed.

Well, here we go with the guide listing...

T - 4.14 . Lord, I am finding it so hard not to look at that preview. Actually, I usually will not start watching until about 20 minutes in, so I can skip the commercials, but tonight may have to not start until 8.45 or so. That will give me time to skip commercials and prolly end up pretty close to 11.

I can't concentrate on anything today... I don't think I've been this excited since I was a little kid! I'll also be refraining from using internet or looking at text messages until it finishes here on the West Coast- can't take any chances, I'm living spoiler-free.

Disappointing premiere, if you ask me. Poorly written and poorly acted, compared to the standards we're accustomed to.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Dude....did you start watching at 10, because it started at 9.

Also, a bit of shop talk, Matthew Fox has announced that post-LOST, he will not be doing TV work anymore. And Evangeline Lily has announced that post-LOST, she will be walking away from acting, totally.

The work put in on this final season is mind blowing. It's a credit to all the hard working, behind the scenes folks (and of course Damon and Carlton). The results will speak for themselves.

It's going to be a lot of fun!

:thumbdown: