LOST...Season 6

duey

So after taking the long weekend off from Lost analysis, it sure was nice to come back and see the discussion continuing with lots of new blood. Welcome new and seldom-posting Losties...your opinions are just as interesting and insightful as those from the hardcore thread-mongers that post herely seemingly on an hourly basis. <_<

I did not watch the rerun of the finale. This sounds odd, but I really needed a break. I'll be rewatching it via DVR in a week or two. I'm curious to see what a few weeks separation from the show will do when I watch the finale again. :D

Tuesday night television will never be the same. Sigh.....what's left, "Dancing with the Biggest Losers?"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday night television will never be the same. Sigh.....what's left, "Dancing with the Biggest Losers?"

Yep...sounds about right. I feel like the air has been totally let out of my television watching balloon. I'm usually not a big TV guy during the summer anyway, but this Fall/next February are going to seem VERY empty without our island-bound friends. <_<

Yep...sounds about right. I feel like the air has been totally let out of my television watching balloon. I'm usually not a big TV guy during the summer anyway, but this Fall/next February are going to seem VERY empty without our island-bound friends. :D

i tried compensating last night by watching Airplane! and a couple episodes of Quantum Leap, but it just didnt do the trick :lol:

<_<

I'm watching the SciFi series Firefly via instant view on Netflix. You may have seen the movie version, Serenity. It's well written and well acted with a great ensemble, plus the lead actor is that policeman that Kate Austen married and then abandoned in Florida. Best of all, Neil Frogurt is in the pilot and is killed off with relish. Poor guy must be typecast to play "unlikeable dweebs that we wish to see die."

It's not Lost, but for coping, it's working out better than the Scotch was.

they played the Langoliers on the SciFi Channel over the weekend, and I caught it for the first time...

man, what a bush-league version of LOST that was! its like JJ and Co. saw it and said "Let's do this story. But do it really well."

Best of all, Neil Frogurt is in the pilot and is killed off with relish. Poor guy must be typecast to play "unlikeable dweebs that we wish to see die."

<_<:D:lol:

And thanks for the tip on Firefly...I'll try to check it out.

they played the Langoliers on the SciFi Channel over the weekend, and I caught it for the first time...

man, what a bush-league version of LOST that was! its like JJ and Co. saw it and said "Let's do this story. But do it really well."

I loved the book/short story but I thought the film was pretty weak (which tends to be the case with most Stephen King TV/movie adaptations).

Speaking of Mr. King, I think I might have to pull out the Dark Tower series and read it all over again. I saw so many parallels between that story and Lost.

I loved the book/short story but I thought the film was pretty weak (which tends to be the case with most Stephen King TV/movie adaptations).

Speaking of Mr. King, I think I might have to pull out the Dark Tower series and read it all over again. I saw so many parallels between that story and Lost.

It's too bad the majority of TV/Movie adaptations of King's books/stories turn out to be such clunkers. There always seems to be at least one component (actors, script, direction, etc.) that pulls it down. Bear in mind The Langoliers was made in 1995, so it's pretty dated.

Have you read Swan Song or Boy's Life by McCammon? Both really good books.

Why do you guys think tgreg99 worked for Bad Robot?

Yeah, I know. This should get me kicked out of here real fast.

I looked back at your old threads. The first thing I noticed was that this was a truly happening place to discuss Lost. Having a smaller, sophisticated group that stuck together over the years was definitely a great way to experience the show. I tip my hat to you all.

But the things that I see tgreg posting don't strongly support the Bad Robot claim. For one thing, he was wrong more often than I would expect. (No more wrong than any devoted fan at the time, but oddly so for an insider.)

Then there's what he's said about himself. Way back in February 2005 he said:

“I'm a wannabe screenwriter (read: broke), so I pay attention to all the industry stuff. I have made friends with a couple screenwriters and producers who keep me up on all the inside stuff.”

“I don't know anyone on LOST though, I just have seen Abrams Bible for Felicity so I know how detailed that guy is with his character arcs and such.”

“Basically I'm a nerd when it comes to learning as much as possible about the industry"

So five years ago he hadn't started working there yet. Then, last September he said he'd worked as a writer on the Super Dave Osbourne show’s 4-run 2009 season on Spike. But Bad Robot has nothing to do with that show. Still, you know, scripts sometimes lay about for years before getting to the screen; so maybe his work on that preceded the job at Bad Robot. Or maybe Bad Robot is a part-time gig.

Mostly I just see UConn James referring to Greg as a Bad Robot insider and Greg implying insider knowlege. However, I realize that tgreg's deleted a lot of his posts. Did he ever actually say that himself?

It's funny that I should even care. I was pretty ticked off reading that ABC told DarkUFo he had been an intern with them but had been released three years ago. I figured the scumbag suits were slandering him by rumor. Then I started seeing claims that Bad Robot was calling his post a fake and was investigating it. But we all know how the Internet is -- someone reads the ABC slander at DarkUFo and summarizes it somewhere else as Bad Robot disavowing him. And then it become fact in the collective mind.

Given his long relationship with you all and your backing of his claim, I have chosen to believe him. But I do feel the ticklings of doubt.

Caveat Emptor: It goes almost without saying that anything you post in response to this will end up being quoted elsewhere. Greg's finale post attracted a huge amount of Internet attention.

Why do you guys think tgreg99 worked for Bad Robot?

Tgreg has more history here outside of the Lost thread. No point in trying to rehash it all, suffice to say there's no reason to doubt him.

And he never said he was a writer for LOST or had access to the down and dirty, no **** info for the show. Only that he worked for the company and had more access to some of the ideas/info than the average joe on the street (and really he never even said that as far as I saw, it was just kind of assumed).

>Tgreg has more history here outside of the Lost thread. No point in trying to rehash it all, suffice to say there's no reason to doubt him.

You know, I loved his analysis after the finale. Probably because it matched my own sense of things so closely. At the time I told my own Lost pals that it was a must-read even if not really from a BR guy.

It's mostly because I've been promoting it so heavily that I felt compelled to do a little due diligence. No offense taken, I hope.

So five years ago he hadn't started working there yet. Then, last September he said he'd worked as a writer on the Super Dave Osbourne show’s 4-run 2009 season on Spike. But Bad Robot has nothing to do with that show. Still, you know, scripts sometimes lay about for years before getting to the screen; so maybe his work on that preceded the job at Bad Robot. Or maybe Bad Robot is a part-time gig.

I don't think he started working there until S4 or maybe even S5. So 2008 or 2009.

On tgreg, I heard from some of you privately as well, so I retract the question. And restate my gratitude to tgreg. Thanks, dude.

What I realize from the older posts is that tgreg made a point of not sharing inside information -- which was the classy call to make. All the more credit to him.

On tgreg, I heard from some of you privately as well, so I retract the question. And restate my gratitude to tgreg. Thanks, dude.

What I realize from the older posts is that tgreg made a point of not sharing inside information -- which was the classy call to make. All the more credit to him.

He's a very good friend of mine here in LA, and I knew him before he moved out here. He worked at Bad Robot, and other places, and even when he wasn't at Bad Robot he remained close to a lot of people there. There isn't anything he said here as far as I know that wasn't true, or that would make someone believe something that wasn't true.

Surprised that no one has taken comment on my observation of Hurley's vision of "Dave" in the same-titled episode. That was another one of those so-called "loose ends" that now seems very tied up, once you think about it. My contention was... Dave, which was an entity that only Hurley saw in the real-world and on the island... was rooted in the Sideways world, and had figured out/knew that the Sideways existence was fake. How or why doesn't really seem important... it was an anomaly / unpredictable nature of the Island as it related to space-time. Dave was a much more comedic/carefree take on it, as opposed to Charlie's mopeyness or Jack's workaholic-ism.

Also wanted to say that I totally missed the Light cascading over Jack et al. in the final close-up image inside the church, after Christian opened the door. I guess I was concentrated on Jack dying on-island. So, it seems that they weren't very long inside the church before their next destination. This destination, if you put any stock into what Mother said, would seem to be "rebirth"? But what kind of rebirth is meant? Back to earth, or a rebirth into heaven/nirvana/paradise/whatever you want to call it? I dunno, it looked very much like a time-flash from S5, but then again, I guess the Light probably doesn't have special color settings or anything....

It's not Lost, but for coping, it's working out better than the Scotch was.

:ph34r:

Oh. .... Dude! That sucks. RIP Nunu.

Yeah, I'm not sure what anyone wrote to you, and I'm going to be careful to respect his and others' privacy here wrt details of postings past, but it's the real deal.

And yes, he was a great representative for BR all the while. To me, it showed something that a person who worked on that stuff all day would come home and read/write about it on their own time. As I've written, I truly hope that tgreg didn't get into any hot water that necessitated taking that post down.