Scheftner on LA Football, NO BILLS!!

LA is the most pathetic NFL market in the country. With their population every game should be sold out easily, but instead half the stadium was empty. Nothing will change this time around.

I think it would be different now, the NFL has gotten more Hollywood, its almost like the NBA. And you can bet there will be on the field suites like Dallas has that will be filled with celebrities and everyone will want to go.

Different era, and its built for LA.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please... Toronto is a joke of an NFL city, especially when LA and San Antonio don't have teams....

Who could forget San Antonio's rich NFL history?

Some freaking closure on this would be fantastic. Gentlemen sitting next to me on Sunday, told me there were some plans for a new stadium in Buffalo? I haven't seen that, but easily could have missed it, I guess. Any truth?

Guest dog14787
No offense, but this doesnt mean anything...he didnt say NO to the Bills, he just didnt include them on his little list, yet every other list, including the group trying to get a team here, has the Bills as one of the 6 possible teams. I live in LA so I see stuff all the time, and the people heading up the stadium and push for an LA team have on more than one occassion, including recently, included the Bills on their list.

So, while I always have and still do think that there are other teams more likely to land here, I would say the Bills are still a possibility (and I would love that personally even though I know you people in Buffalo wouldnt) to come to LA.

PS: They just had a feature on the news the other day with them going over the model they built of the stadium and discussed time frames and such (new stadium is sick). They said they feel they could have a team here next season playing in Rose Bowl or LA Coliseum and then move to the new stadium by 2013...and they believe it will happen...and when discussing teams with they guy heading it all up, they still mentioned Bills as one of the teams...that was I think Sunday...

Why don't you go root for the Pats*? You are NOT a BUFFALO BILLS fan!!!! :D

If this piece of S@%t is a fan we don't need fans like him. How many folks have you ever seen on this board that wasn't a troll post that they wish the Bills would move. This guy is so full of BS with his BS life style and made up stories its pathetic.

Who brags about their life style on this board like this prick except of course SKOOBY

SKOOBY and his BMW ain't got nothing on this dweeb. ;)

thanks for the link, but it does no good unless one has the Insider.

I think that the Jaguars are probably the most likely to move, regardless of hurdles to overcome.

I don't see the Vikings moving with Brett Favre as QB, and a possible deep playoff run on the horizon.

The Rams on the other hand, would be my #2 selection after Jacksonville. They moved from LA. It is clear that after the Limbaugh debacle, the Rams are for sale. They are currently a bad team, and ripe for a change in scenery, front office, personnel, etc.

And I always thought the Rams belonged in LA.

Aren't they building a new stadium for the Vikings in Minnesota?

So, while I always have and still do think that there are other teams more likely to land here, I would say the Bills are still a possibility (and I would love that personally even though I know you people in Buffalo wouldnt) to come to LA.

Yes, sounds like a great plan, we can all root for the LA Bills ;)

If this piece of S@%t is a fan we don't need fans like him. How many folks have you ever seen on this board that wasn't a troll post that they wish the Bills would move. This guy is so full of BS with his BS life style and made up stories its pathetic.

Who brags about their life style on this board like this prick except of course SKOOBY

SKOOBY and his BMW ain't got nothing on this dweeb. ;)

Dude you are are so sad...seriously, you try so desperately to get something on me its scary. You really are incredibly creepy

Yes, sounds like a great plan, we can all root for the LA Bills ;)

LOL...I didnt say anything other than post what was on the news here in LA recently...and as a huge Bills fan, why I would I be upset to see my favorite team relocate to where I live so I can get season tickets and go to all the home games? I get it would upset Bills fans, but just because it upsets the city of Buffalo doesnt mean I would have to be "bummed" because now I get to go to the home games...

If your favorite team from the other side of the country relocated to your town, I am sure you wouldnt be too upset...

Guest dog14787
Dude you are are so sad...seriously, you try so desperately to get something on me its scary. You really are incredibly creepy

I don't have to get anything on you, I lived in Newport beach for years, ate at Maxwells numerous times and bumped into all kinds of celebrity's there, so what. I sure the hell didn't want the bills to move to California just for my benefit.

Up until now have you seen me post about it?

You make yourself out to be a self centered idiot, coming on our board and saying you wish the Bills were in L.A.

No real Bills fan would ever want that to happen, don't you realize how die hard Bills fans react to your BS or are you just that stupid. ;)

I don't have to get anything on you, I lived in Newport beach for years, ate at Maxwells numerous times and bumped into all kinds of celebrity's there, so what. I sure the hell didn't want the bills to move to California just for my benefit.

Up until now have you seen me post about it?

You make yourself out to be a self centered idiot, coming on our board and saying you wish the Bills were in L.A.

No real Bills fan would ever want that to happen, don't you realize how die hard Bills fans react to your BS or are you just that stupid. ;)

Dude you really are nuts man...just move on and dont hijack this thread with more BS too...

Guest dog14787
Dude you really are nuts man...just move on and dont hijack this thread with more BS too...

You are the one hjacking threads with your stupid BS dumbass ;)

They just mentioned the Chargers and Raiders as the two most likely teams to move to LA on the news this morning, but also said Vikes, Jax, Rams, and Bills were still possibilities.

God, I hope the Raiders dont move back here...Raider fans are bad enough as it is out here.

Wow---that would be an awesome business plan!

How do they pitch that?

"OK, we build a billion dollar stadium and then lure the absolute worst run team in the League to abandon its fan base to come to a city notorious for its lack of interest in NFL football!"

How can it fail??

Wow---that would be an awesome business plan!

How do they pitch that?

"OK, we build a billion dollar stadium and then lure the absolute worst run team in the League to abandon its fan base to come to a city notorious for its lack of interest in NFL football!"

How can it fail??

hahahhaha...nice...

I think the worst thing they could do is bring the Raiders back to LA. The Raiders fan base is so violent and out of control that they would alienate a huge part of the southern california fans from going to the game. Its one of the problems the Oakland Raiders have and the same problem they had when they were LA last.

Rams were just not a very good team and never really seemed like a part of the city. They were like the Clippers to the Lakers when both the Rams and Raiders were here. I think both those teams will struggle to have a big following here. Honestly, the team that makes the most sense is the Chargers and I think they are the front runners IMO becauase they are synonymous with So Cal already, have a solid following in LA as well, and are a good team thats not rebuilding like the Rams, Raiders, and even the Bills and Jax somewhat.

LOL...I didnt say anything other than post what was on the news here in LA recently...and as a huge Bills fan, why I would I be upset to see my favorite team relocate to where I live so I can get season tickets and go to all the home games? I get it would upset Bills fans, but just because it upsets the city of Buffalo doesnt mean I would have to be "bummed" because now I get to go to the home games...

If your favorite team from the other side of the country relocated to your town, I am sure you wouldnt be too upset...

this rationale is confusing to me. Dont you realize that if the franchise were to move to LA, it would not resemble the Bills any more? It would virtually be an expansion team and it would be no different if it were the Bills, an expansion franchise, or the Jaguars. The Bills would be completely wiped off the face of the Earth. They would all but wipe the history clean, wear different uniforms, and take on a name like the Los Angeles Predators of some crap. If you are a fan, how could that make you happy?... and any better than LA acquiring a team other than the Bills

You call yourself a HUGE Bills fan? You are anything BUT a fan of the Bills!!! NO FAN of the Buffalo Bills wants them to leave Buffalo. You are too STUPID to understand that if the Bills left Buffalo, the Buffalo Bills would no longer exist, the same way the Buffalo Braves no longer exist. :lol::censored::lol:

It wouldn't be the same team. I'd hope that part of why you root for the team is where it's from. There would be no LA Bills, there would be the LA Sharks or whatever. There would be nothing left of the Buffalo Bills except the crappy players. yeehaw for you

It wouldnt be the same tean you douchebag. Are you familiar with the term"Franchise Continuity"?

You call yourself a HUGE Bills fan? You are anything BUT a fan of the Bills!!! NO FAN of the Buffalo Bills wants them to leave Buffalo. You are too STUPID to understand that if the Bills left Buffalo, the Buffalo Bills would no longer exist, the same way the Buffalo Braves no longer exist. :lol::censored::lol:

LOL...one, I dont think the Bills are moving to LA...its most likely going to be SD IMO...two, I have no attachment to the city of Buffalo as I am not from there...I get you and many other Bills fan do, and I respect that. But I dont root for the Bills because they are from Buffalo...I root for them because I am a Bills fan...whether they are in Buffalo, Toronto, LA, whatever...if they happen to move to LA, then great, I get to go to home games and I would still be a huge fan, and it would also now be my home team...

Unlike most people on this board who say they will ABANDON this team if they move out of Buffalo to Toronto or LA, I am a Bills fan for life even if they were playing North Dakota...

I am not even pushing for them to move, but simply said I would love to be able to have season tickets if they did...you are reading way too much into the update I gave on what the local news is saying here in LA...

I think it would be different now, the NFL has gotten more Hollywood, its almost like the NBA. And you can bet there will be on the field suites like Dallas has that will be filled with celebrities and everyone will want to go.

Different era, and its built for LA.

It's not just the NFL. It seems that local support and the number of actual fans in the stands really doesn't matter in pro sports anymore (neither does 'winning it all' it seems - see my comment about Jerry Jones). Just look at the debacle in Phoenix surrounding the Coyotes (not that I want them to move to Hamilton, mind you). And MLB had to politely get on the Yankees' case because they were charging so much for tickets behind the plate (over $2k per seat per game) that the stands looked empty on TV.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: Jerry Jones managed to build a $1 billion stadium, charge outrageous prices for food at said stadium, and yet his team hasn't won a playoff game since 1996.

These days it's all about marketing. How many t-shirts, jerseys, trinkets, etc. can you sell. There may not be much local support for the Jags, but if the NFL markets it right it doesn't matter. There *is* pretty good local support for the Vikings (though no new stadium) and the Chargers are an AFC original with a lot of tradition. But if it makes more marketing sense to the NFL to move the Chargers or Vikings over the Jags, they will.

No offense, but this doesnt mean anything...he didnt say NO to the Bills, he just didnt include them on his little list, yet every other list, including the group trying to get a team here, has the Bills as one of the 6 possible teams. I live in LA so I see stuff all the time, and the people heading up the stadium and push for an LA team have on more than one occassion, including recently, included the Bills on their list.

PS: They just had a feature on the news the other day with them going over the model they built of the stadium and discussed time frames and such (new stadium is sick). They said they feel they could have a team here next season playing in Rose Bowl or LA Coliseum and then move to the new stadium by 2013...and they believe it will happen...and when discussing teams with they guy heading it all up, they still mentioned Bills as one of the teams...that was I think Sunday...

thanks for the update alpha. i dont think bills would move here either. but i would support them.