Grey Cup winner

notwoz

I have also heard that rumor. I would think that a Super Bowl winner trumps a Grey Cup winner but who knows?

As for the game, what a come back by the Alouettes. I followed the game on-line while the Steelers and Ravens were going at it. The irony is that although the CFL had a play-by-play connection, it was lagging. I found out the result of the last play by refreshing the Montreal Gazette home page. Maybe there was too much traffic on the CFL site! There was eighteen points scored in the 4th quarter by the Alouettes to get their first lead and the win. I expected the game to be a blowout in favor of the Alouettes. What a terrible way to lose with the too many man on the field call.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman

As I posted last week, this guy has a very good resume. The one concern is that he's been a bit of a gypsy. If he was inclined to return to the NFL as an offensive coordinator, I'd love to have him with the Bills, based on his credentials.

Haven't seen him with my own eyes enough to know if I would want him as the head coach.

I'd rather have someone who has recent success than someone who was a winning coach back in time.

Remember how excited the Washington team and fans were to have Joe Gibbs back? Remember how excited we were to have Marv back in the front office?

It's about what they're doing now, the potential for the future and the right "chemistry". Not about past success with a different system and different players.

Just my .02

The British [yes I know it's Canada ] sure have some bland names. The "grey cup"? Oh well at least it's not "the Queens royal pudding cup" or something.

The Grey Cup is named after the man who donated it (Earl Grey) a hundred years ago. I guess it's too bad his name wasn't Earl Shazam or Earl Bling Bling so that the Cup with a hundred years of history could appeal to the hot pockets generation. :thumbsup:

A too many men on the field penalty costs the Stampeders the title. Very big ouch.

It cost the Roughriders the title - the Stampeders lost in the Western Final the week before. I was at the Grey Cup and the original winning kick, prior to the penalty for too many men, went wide right. All I could think about was the Norwood finally has some company, then the Alouettes got a second chance from 10 yards closer and Norwood stands alone again.

It cost the Roughriders the title - the Stampeders lost in the Western Final the week before. I was at the Grey Cup and the original winning kick, prior to the penalty for too many men, went wide right. All I could think about was the Norwood finally has some company, then the Alouettes got a second chance from 10 yards closer and Norwood stands alone again.

What a f***ed up way to lose a championship. Every football team sould see that video as a warning.

PTR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman

As I posted last week, this guy has a very good resume. The one concern is that he's been a bit of a gypsy. If he was inclined to return to the NFL as an offensive coordinator, I'd love to have him with the Bills, based on his credentials.

Haven't seen him with my own eyes enough to know if I would want him as the head coach.

Question, and I know that people here seem to really hate on him, but I would like to note that Van Pelt has called two really good games in a row. I am not sure how much Dick took control of actual play calling and hamstrung Van Pelt, but is there any other reason to not keep him, other than the fact we are bringing in a new HC?

Yeah, Crestman should be considered. The Rough Riders ST coach, not so much. 13 girls on the field! lol

Do you even know what happened? The Rough Riders players stepped onto the field before the play was over. It wasn't a ST mistake. It was a whole team f**k-up!

PTR

Do you even know what happened? The Rough Riders players stepped onto the field before the play was over. It wasn't a ST mistake. It was a whole team f**k-up!

PTR

PTR, I am not sure where your getting the information from but your wrong. I watched the game live and the Roughriders had 12 man on the line of scrimmage, and 1 guy in the end zone to return a potential missed kick = 13 men. (Field Goals are live for the kicker to recover in the CFL) hence the need to have a return man back there.

The Special Teams coach Kavis Reed already took the blame himself, video clearly should 13 guys participating in the play. I have no idea where your getting the info about the teams stepping on the field before the play was over causing the penalty.

Here is the link: Coach explains 13th man Gaffe

PTR, I am not sure where your getting the information from but your wrong. I watched the game live and the Roughriders had 12 man on the line of scrimmage, and 1 guy in the end zone to return a potential missed kick = 13 men. (Field Goals are live for the kicker to recover in the CFL) hence the need to have a return man back there.

The Special Teams coach Kavis Reed already took the blame himself, video clearly should 13 guys participating in the play. I have no idea where your getting the info about the teams stepping on the field before the play was over causing the penalty.

Here is the link: Coach explains 13th man Gaffe

You're right. I misunderstood a video clip on TSN.

PTR