Puff Piece

Dawgg

Apparently the coaching staff feels that an undrafted player who is a converted WR is better suited for safety than our first round pick.

That's my take also.

Wow. What a bust that pick has been.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This time around I don't want to invest a high draft pick on a QB unless and until the OL has been addressed via free agency or draft (picks before QB). No exclusions.

Solid QB's aren't found in the bargain bin, they're usually in the top half of the first round and waiting to have a solid OL may be too late. The Bills needs are so varied right now (QB, OT, DT, LB) that if there isn't a good QB, they should go BPA at one of those positions.

we did not need a DE to start immediately

we did need palymaking LBs to start immediately (like Cushing) or a starting LT

absolutely stupid to waste the #11 pick on an undersized, situational pass rusher - who has proven he can't even do thatwhen the team has glaring holes elsewhere

Noone told me Maybin had retired after only 10 games. :)

Where's The Dean, Ramius, C. Biscuit, syhuang, and all the characters who were quick to jump to Lil Donte's defense???

My god, you're a tool. :flirt: Gotta love the timing of your thread when Whitner just had one of the best games of his career. If you actually knew anything about football, DW was playing at a pro bowl level when he got hurt. But keep your hate up. Apparently, it motivates Donte.

P.S. How's dustin Dvravek's man milk tasting these days?

My god, you're a tool. :flirt: Gotta love the timing of your thread when Whitner just had one of the best games of his career. If you actually knew anything about football, DW was playing at a pro bowl level when he got hurt. But keep your hate up. Apparently, it motivates Donte.

Pro Bowl level :D

Once again, Biscuit, you make a fool out of yourself with your blind homerism. I love how you come out of your little cave when Whitner makes his once-in-a-blue-moon play. Yeah, he played well today but let's not get overly excited until he shows some degree of consistency.

And make no mistake, Donte was hardly playing at a Pro Bowl level, no matter what your delusions tell you. If Byrd were 100%, Donte would be seeing very little playing time. He's the 3rd or 4th best safety on this team. But at least he holds pizza parties at his house, and for that I'm grateful. ;)

P.S. How's dustin Dvravek's man milk tasting these days?

Dvoracek has been injured, but the other guy they got in the trade (Danieal Manning) has been playing solid safety and is one of the league's better kick returners. So once again, you were wrong. Manning alone shows how stupid the McCargo trade was.

Pro Bowl level :flirt:

Once again, Biscuit, you make a fool out of yourself with your blind homerism. I love how you come out of your little cave when Whitner makes his once-in-a-blue-moon play. Yeah, he played well today but let's not get overly excited until he shows some degree of consistency.

And make no mistake, Donte was hardly playing at a Pro Bowl level, no matter what your delusions tell you. If Byrd were 100%, Donte would be seeing very little playing time. He's the 3rd or 4th best safety on this team. But at least he holds pizza parties at his house, and for that I'm grateful. :D

Dvoracek has been injured, but the other guy they got in the trade (Danieal Manning) has been playing solid safety and is one of the league's better kick returners. So once again, you were wrong. Manning alone shows how stupid the McCargo trade was.

The only time you crawl out from under your bridge is to criticize DW. Very troll-like. And I don't feel like taking the time, but you can compare the defense's stats in games DW played versus the games he missed. But I'm sure you will find some silly way to not give Whitner credit. Milloy has been awesome this year.

And Manning is a part of one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL.

The only time you crawl out from under your bridge is to criticize DW. Very troll-like. And I don't feel like taking the time, but you can compare the defense's stats in games DW played versus the games he missed. But I'm sure you will find some silly way to not give Whitner credit. Milloy has been awesome this year.

And Manning is a part of one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL.

Whitner gets credit for this game. He played a good one, that's for sure.

But his play has been largely inconsistent not only over the course of the year, but the course of his entire career.

Even Gaughan said that he asked Fewell whether Whitner would see the field if Wilson & Byrd were healthy. Fewell refused to answer it -- which speaks volumes as to where Donte stands among the safeties on the team. If he strings a few of these games together, I might think differently... but that remains to be seen in Year 3 of his career.

Whitner gets credit for this game. He played a good one, that's for sure.

But his play has been largely inconsistent not only over the course of the year, but the course of his entire career.

Even Gaughan said that he asked Fewell whether Whitner would see the field if Wilson & Byrd were healthy. Fewell refused to answer it -- which speaks volumes as to where Donte stands among the safeties on the team. If he strings a few of these games together, I might think differently... but that remains to be seen in Year 3 of his career.

Please don't interrupt the Levy/Whitner love fest. Let them act out, OK?

Please don't interrupt the Levy/Whitner love fest. Let them act out, OK?

Bill, you continue to be off the rocker on this. I don't know how many times people have to say that Levy was not the one who was the final decision maker in the '06 draft. I don't know how many times the same thing needs to be repeated that there's no way that Levy was in a position to be up to speed on free agency, as he said so himself. His job was a coordinator in chief. In the end, his biggest mistake was advocating to hire Jauron, although he never wanted Mularkey to leave. If there's blame for the draft, look no further than the owner, who pulled the reigns in after he felt that he was double crossed by Donahoe.

Yet, you guys keep on this crusade that drafting Whitner ruined this franchise. Well, sorry it hasn't. Whitner is a decent player who plays on a crappy team.

But hey, every Dawwg has his day. If he was GM, then the cap would be tied up in retaining McGahee and Clements. I wonder why his crusade on Bills' stupidity to cut ties with those two has quieted down.

Same with your crusade about Clady. Yeah it would have been nice to draft him, if you KNEW in April 2008 that Jason Peters would no longer be part of the team in 2009. But since you already had your franchise LT, and you were paying a boatload of cash to a free agent RT - drafting another tackle maybe, just maybe was a luxury to an owner and his salary cap manager who have a history of not paying 1st round money to backups.

Same with your crusade about Clady. Yeah it would have been nice to draft him, if you KNEW in April 2008 that Jason Peters would no longer be part of the team in 2009. But since you already had your franchise LT, and you were paying a boatload of cash to a free agent RT - drafting another tackle maybe, just maybe was a luxury to an owner and his salary cap manager who have a history of not paying 1st round money to backups.

Actually I wanted Branden Albert. I was told that he had a chance to be an all time great guard and we had no decent guards on the roster. Plenty of cornerbacks, but no guards.

donte has played a ton better the last two weeks. maybe fewell has realized this package works, and that using him as a nickle allows him to do more things - ie a CB or saftey blitz, stay up in run support etc. he really is a solid player - we just hate that Levy reached for him.

If we were all honest, Donte being taken the end of round 1 or beginning of round 2 and we'd be very content with him. just not 8 overall. I'd like to see what Fewell does with him these last few weeks. its showing me donte might have had skill all along, simply that DJ has ruined him and kept him in a position to fail like say everyone else on this team, including TE, TO, Poz, etc...

F - everyone has come to life without him. so refreshing to not have his "play not to lose" attitude around.

Bill, you continue to be off the rocker on this. I don't know how many times people have to say that Levy was not the one who was the final decision maker in the '06 draft. I don't know how many times the same thing needs to be repeated that there's no way that Levy was in a position to be up to speed on free agency, as he said so himself. His job was a coordinator in chief. In the end, his biggest mistake was advocating to hire Jauron, although he never wanted Mularkey to leave. If there's blame for the draft, look no further than the owner, who pulled the reigns in after he felt that he was double crossed by Donahoe.

Marv had final say on all personnel decisions. Those powers were bestowed upon him the moment he was hired. That he wasn't as up to speed doesn't change the fact that he had final say. Ultimately, when it comes to picking at #8, you are given a choice of the top rated players on the board and Marv made that call. It doesn't take a scouting genius to know that picking a small safety who rarely makes big plays at #8 overall is not a good move for a team desperately in need of talent at both lines.

Yet, you guys keep on this crusade that drafting Whitner ruined this franchise. Well, sorry it hasn't. Whitner is a decent player who plays on a crappy team.

Marv's 2006 draft set the tone for the franchise for years to come. The Whitner pick, at the expense of the DT talent available, hurt the franchise. The trade up for McCargo, who was the 3rd best DT on his collegiate team, blew up in their face. They thought they could be cute by passing on those DT prospects. Those selections were under Marv's watch as the final decision maker and they should be attributed to him.

But hey, every Dawwg has his day. If he was GM, then the cap would be tied up in retaining McGahee and Clements. I wonder why his crusade on Bills' stupidity to cut ties with those two has quieted down.

Nice try, pal. I never advocated "tying up the cap" with McGahee. In fact, I was among the first to say he needed to go. But keep trying :rolleyes:

As for Clements, did I think Marv was stupid for voluntarily removing the team's leverage of the franchise tag? Absolutely, it was a boneheaded move by an overmatched GM. Most respectable personnel departments in a rebuilding situation would never make such a move when they control the #1 free agent on the market. If you don't like the fact that it comes from me, look up BADOL's posts... he agrees with that logic. Anyway, keep making excuses for Marv's tenure as GM... but there's a reason why the team showed no improvement in 3 years and it cut far deeper than a poor head coach.