Jimmy Clausen to enter 2010 Draft

bobobonators

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know who to get. It seems like nobody really stands out over the rest which makes me skeptical. Maybe one of these guys is showing something that will succeed in the right system with the right coaching staff with a supporting cast. Right now we dont have any of those things. I do not trust Modrak, Guy, and Brandon to make this decision, so things as they are, I would rather use the first 2 rounds on lineman and/or linebackers.

one of these guys should be available after round 2

Locker definitely..i forgot. I think Mallett shouuld stay in college a couple of more years.

My preference would be Bradford of them all (if his physical works out OK--no reason to think it wont). We should be drafting in the top 8 this season... Bradford, Clausen, Locker, or McCoy. One will definitely be available. I think i'd really take any of them.

This is shaping up as a good QB draft.

My preference would be Bradford of them all (if his physical works out OK--no reason to think it wont). We should be drafting in the top 8 this season... Bradford, Clausen, Locker, or McCoy. One will definitely be available. I think i'd really take any of them.

This is shaping up as a good QB draft.

I would be happy if they took Bradford with their top pick... Im an OU fan though so I am biased

i dont know who to get. It seems like nobody really stands out over the rest which makes me skeptical. Maybe one of these guys is showing something that will succeed in the right system with the right coaching staff with a supporting cast. Right now we dont have any of those things. I do not trust Modrak, Guy, and Brandon to make this decision, so things as they are, I would rather use the first 2 rounds on lineman and/or linebackers.

one of these guys should be available after round 2

Ya, more than one will probably be available in the 2nd. It's still early to speculate b/c there's so many factors that we have to consider.

That being said, right now i'd lean towards QB in round 1; OL in round 2; trade up back into 2nd and go DL.

Factoring in Bradford's injuries, Clausen will be the best pro prospect at QB in the draft. He'd be an excellent pick if he falls to the Bills in the #6-9 slot, though I don't see him getting out of the top 5. However, that does in effect move the Bills up one slot, hopefully to get one of the premier DTs.

If Bradford is looking good at the time of the combine and they are confident his shoulder will be durable enough for the nfl - they should seriously look at taking him..

other than that locker is also a solid pick, but he might (might) go ahead of where the bills will be picking (assuming they dont win much here on in...)

Claussien sucks.

I would be happy if they took Bradford with their top pick... Im an OU fan though so I am biased

Same here. The thing with Clausen is that I think he'll do well in the NFL, but I really don't want another California QB on our roster for a while. =/. I think it's more of a mental concern with me than an actual "he can't play in cold weather." Certainly ND isn't warm, but I'm frankly tired of the West Coast layed back mindset that we saw with JP who was born in Cali and with Edwards who was also born in Cali. The same kind of mindset that the Jets are experiencing now with Mark Sanchez, who was also born in Cali.

Maybe i'm just paranoid..lol. :thumbsup:

Who says we need to trade up? we will be in the top 5. :thumbsup:

No point in trading up. The Bills have so many needs... OT, DE, DT, LB, QB. Take the best available player at one of these positions. Personally, I would be looking at OL in the first round. Without better OL play, any rookie QB will be killed.

No point in trading up. The Bills have so many needs... OT, DE, DT, LB, QB. Take the best available player at one of these positions. Personally, I would be looking at OL in the first round. Without better OL play, any rookie QB will be killed.

Not if he waits on the bench for a year, and in the meantime we add some O-lineman. We have already started rebuilding the line (please, I don't need someone to bring up the Eric Wood injury, I know about that. We'll see how that goes). I think they can get better without spending the 2010 1st rounder on a O-lineman.

The sooner they get a QB in here developing, the better. He doesn't have to play right away.