Brohm may very well be the guy!

Lenigmusx

Flame away but I think Brohm may have been the best aquistion this team has made in some time. I wonder if he will be promoted to second string this week as Edwards has fallen from grace worse than JP ever did. that is what happens when really don't have it. He is smart but the skill set is not there. Brohm deseves a chance remember Brady and Romo where both low on the depth charts before the stars began to rise. I think Brohm can be developed into a top QB.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the minor difference being Brady & Romo were untouted draftees who beat out guys ahead of them in camp, while Brohm was a high profile guy who got beat out by guys below him.

Other than that

Flame away but I think Brohm may have been the best aquistion this team has made in some time. I wonder if he will be promoted to second string this week as Edwards has fallen from grace worse than JP ever did. that is what happens when really don't have it. He is smart but the skill set is not there. Brohm deseves a chance remember Brady and Romo where both low on the depth charts before the stars began to rise. I think Brohm can be developed into a top QB.

And the chronic love affair with Bills 3rd string QBs marches on.

That being said though, I do like the signing. The Bills have nothing to lose, and Brohm has very good upside. Smart to sign him for 2 years. I don't expect much out of him this year, but let's get a good QB coach and see what he has next year.

But Romo and Brady both had an experience QB to be a mentor to Romo and Brady (Drew Bledsoe both times). Who does Brohm have for that... a career backup in Fitz and a 3rd year QB, neither of which will teach him anything. He may be good but you can't compare this situation to Romo or Brady

Guest dog14787

If there's any chance Brohm could be the future starter with the Buffalo Bills ( don't know much about him) then we need to have our O-line problems repaired before we try to put Brohm out onto the field against some of the top defenses in the NFL.

I realize half the people on this board thinks the O-line doesn't mean anything and a QB can magically make it all better, but I would hope our coaching staff realizes the error of their ways and says nope, you know what, we are not going to play Brohm until next season.

With the minor difference being Brady & Romo were untouted draftees who beat out guys ahead of them in camp, while Brohm was a high profile guy who got beat out by guys below him.

Other than that

Neither beat anybody in camp. Both were understudy to Bledsoe. Brady stepped in when Bledsoe had his spleen ruptured and performed well enough that the Pats traded Bledsoe to the Bills before the next training camp. Romo got to play 3/4 of the way though the season because Bledsoe was stinking the place up and the Cowboy's were looking to the future.. The common theme is both were backups until given an opportunity to play. The Bills should give Brohm a couple of games this year to see what he can do.

Neither beat anybody in camp. Both were understudy to Bledsoe. Brady stepped in when Bledsoe had his spleen ruptured and performed well enough that the Pats traded Bledsoe to the Bills before the next training camp. Romo got to play 3/4 of the way though the season because Bledsoe was stinking the place up and the Cowboy's were looking to the future.. The common theme is both were backups until given an opportunity to play. The Bills should give Brohm a couple of games this year to see what he can do.

Yeah, and how did an undrafted Romo suddenly become #2 on the depth chart? How did the 6th round pick Brady beat out veteran John Friesz to become #2?

Guest dog14787
If the guy was any good do you really think the Packers would have left him on the practice squad where any team was free to sign him?

When you see QB's like Graham Harrell not even make the practice squad on a football team it leads me to believe good players, players that possibly could succeed get passed over and never even get a chance in the NFL.

Brohm could be the best thing since Jim kelly, you never know until they get enough time playing in a system they become familiar with and get up to NFL speed. It something that usually doesn't happen overnight.

Is he smart because he still can't figure out a 3-4 defense or because he still can't get the ball to a wide open WR?

No matter what any tard says, he's a good pickup. He has a strong arm, super intelligent and had success at the college level. Is he going to be a good player? Who knows, I sure as hell don't, but having said that, we didn't have to give up anything to acquire him.

If the guy was any good do you really think the Packers would have left him on the practice squad where any team was free to sign him?

Favre was traded from Atlanta to GB for a low round draft pick before getting his chance and lighting it up for more than a decade in GB. Not saying Brohm will be any good. My point is that you cannot say that he isn't just because he hasn't shown it yet. Steve Young sucked in Tampa and was great in San Fran. Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team. It happens. Again, not saying that Brohm will be the next great one. Just saying nobody knows right now.

Favre was traded from Atlanta to GB for a low round draft pick before getting his chance and lighting it up for more than a decade in GB. Not saying Brohm will be any good. My point is that you cannot say that he isn't just because he hasn't shown it yet. Steve Young sucked in Tampa and was great in San Fran. Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team. It happens. Again, not saying that Brohm will be the next great one. Just saying nobody knows right now.

This is false, and I watched him play from the 50 yard line. The team he was on sucked. There is a difference.

Favre was traded from Atlanta to GB for a low round draft pick before getting his chance and lighting it up for more than a decade in GB.

If you consider the 19th overall pick in the draft low, then you certainly have high standards. Favre was a 2nd round pick the year before, and commanded a 1st next spring. A bit different story than a high 2nd round pick who couldn't make an active roster the next spring.