Heading the San Diego next week

stevestojan

I have to go to San Diego for business next Weds-Fri, so the wife and I decided to just make an extra long weekend out if it and go stay til Sunday night. I've heard the zoo is one of the best in the country, so we'll likely hit that up.

We are also looking for nice wine tours/trails.

I know I can google this stuff, but I want some personal experiences/preferences from any of you that live there and/or visit regularly.

Thanks!

Yes, zoo of course, but there are tons of other things to do there in Balboa Park ... check it out.

I stopped at the Marine Recruit base ... tried to leave my son for a couple of days, but they wouldn't take him.

We also did a bus trip to Revolution Ave in Tijuana ... surprisngly, we had a good time.

San Diego is AWESOME ... you'll love it.

You HAVE to do the Midway tour. It's a real aircraft carrier that they've preserved and turned into a museum. Lots of military guys still on board to talk about what life was like, how things worked, etc. My wife wasn't looking forward to it at all, but after we did it she REALLY enjoyed it and was glad we went.

http://www.midway.org/

There's nothing like standing on the flight deck and seeing dozens of airplanes sitting there. You realize how massive these ships are.

Plus, here's a $2 coupon:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/midway.org

:thumbsup::thumbsup: I was waiting to see how long this would take to come out.

I really liked the zoo there. I know most people look to do zoo tours with their kids but it is really worth seeing.

Expect a lot of walking it's a huge zoo. Well worth the extra $ to ride the bus.

I have to go to San Diego for business next Weds-Fri, so the wife and I decided to just make an extra long weekend out if it and go stay til Sunday night. I've heard the zoo is one of the best in the country, so we'll likely hit that up.

We are also looking for nice wine tours/trails.

I know I can google this stuff, but I want some personal experiences/preferences from any of you that live there and/or visit regularly.

Thanks!

Be sure to wear a red polo shirt. Quite...becoming.

I think LegoLand there? Really. I am thinking about heading there over X-mas break. I just woke up this morning to find a Lego creation on my kitchen table. Looked something like a SAW (semi-automatic weapon)... I guess it fires rubber bands... My children were off oi school and still sleeping, so I asked my wife what is this creation while fiddling with those legos. She said: "Don't mess with it! rubber bands will richochet everywhere." ;):lol: I guess it is my son's way of saying: "Dad hurry up with the motor you are building!" Oh, that is... I am building a motor that runs on a 9 volt battery and the wood (for mount and battery holder)... All that stuff is half-built on the table he left his creation... I take it meshes right up with the gear he has on the Lego.

Of course there is always the zoo.