FWIW - Jerry Sullivan: Shanahan ain't coming to Buffalo

dave mcbride

I wasn't able to listen to the audio clip but surmising from the comments above, I guess we are supposed to believe that Shanahan, while not going public with his true feelings for the Bills' offer, has confided in a colleague that he has no interest in coming to Buffalo.

I just find it hard to believe that people like Shanahan, who are at the very top of their profession, talk to other "top football men" and share their intimate thoughts about, and reactions to, various rumored job offers. Do they really have the need to blab to each other like 12-year old schoolgirls? I would think that these types, who are highly competitive and used to playing things close to the vest, would keep their true feelings to themselves. This is, after all, a multimillion-dollar poker game for these guys. I put little stock in secondhand reports, even from "top football men".

Sullivan makes a living out of bashing the Bills and the NFL in general. I doubt he has any real sources in a league he devotes so much time to bashing. People might even feed him false info just to laugh at his "scoops." I know I would.

Schopp and Sullivan are still bitter about Buffalo not getting MLB. Can you imagine if we had a MLB team here?

Talk about NO HOPE of ever winning a title...

Somewhere along the line the media and then the population at large followed suit that something someone heard and believed became a fact.

Sullivan is a bad reporter from a publication that's not held their sports reporters to high standards. Every source is apparently on "deep background". A "top football man"? Who? Sullivan has no access or contacts better than what can be generated on this message board.

In today's article, Sully chides the Bills for doing their coaching search "in public." Really, Sully? When have the Bills made any public statements about the coaching search? I thought it was all media pundits offering their opinions, including you quouting your big-time football guy saying Shanny wasn't coming? And aren't you same guy, Mr. Pipeline-to-the-fans, who goes ripschitt when Brandon or T.O. don't talk to you?

I've seen weathervanes be more decisive than Jerry Sullivan.

PTR