Any good coordinators for HC out there?

Watching the colts NE game recently I thought both offenses looked great. Maybe the colts OC? Or do we give all the credit to Peyton?

Didn't Tom moore end up unretiring? Cuz if he's still the colts O coordinator,well he's older than dirt. I'd like to get Trestman in for an interview myself. Even though he's not a coordinator for an nfl team.

Didn't Tom moore end up unretiring? Cuz if he's still the colts O coordinator,well he's older than dirt. I'd like to get Trestman in for an interview myself. Even though he's not a coordinator for an nfl team.

oh. well it was a thought, they seem to run seamlessly and on all cylinders

That Gregg Williams fellow is doing a heck of a job with the saints defense. Mike Mularkey has the falcons playing a physical brand of offense, with one of the top running games. He's done a decent job with youngster qb Matt Ryan as well. :wallbash:

Hmmmm, these guys left Buffalo became successful. Maybe they were not ready to be head coaches, or maybe they don't have an old man meddling in their business...

I'm not sure how I feel about Trestman as the head coach but if he were brought in as offensive coordinator, I'd be ecstatic. We just don't know if he'd want to return to the NFL as just a coordinator. He might be holding out for a head coaching job.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman

"He played quarterback for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers football team for three seasons. He transferred as a senior to play quarterback at Minnesota State University Moorhead. Trestman received a bachelor's degree in political science from Minnesota in 1979 and is a graduate of the University of Miami School of Law. He has been a member of the Florida bar since 1983.

Trestman went to training camp with the Minnesota Vikings in both 1978 and 1979 as a defensive back.

Coaching career

He entered football coaching at the University of Miami in 1981 as a volunteer coach. In 1983 he was named quarterbacks coach. That year quarterback Bernie Kosar passed for 2,329 yards and Miami won the national championship. The next year Kosar completed 262 passes for 3,642 yards, both school records.

Trestman then moved to the National Football League and coached the running backs with the Minnesota Vikings in 1985 and 1986. He became quarterbacks coach with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1987 then held the same position with the Cleveland Browns in 1988. In Cleveland he again coached Kosar and the team finished 10-6 and made the playoffs. He was promoted to offensive coordinator in 1989. That year Kosar passed for 3,533 yards and 18 TDs, wide receiver Webster Slaughter had a franchise record 1,236 receiving yards, and the Browns made it to the AFC Championship game.

In 1990, Trestman returned to Minnesota as quarterbacks coach for the Vikings. He spent two years there and then left coaching for three years.

He returned to the NFL in 1995 as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator with San Francisco, where he served in that capacity through 1996. The first year he was there the 49ers led the NFL with 457 points scored, 644 pass attempts and 4,779 passing yards.

Trestman moved to the Detroit Lions and quarterbacks coach in 1997. That year Lion's quarterback Scott Mitchell passed for 3,484 yards, second most in team history.

In 1998 he was with the Arizona Cardinals as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator. That year quarterback Jake Plummer threw for 3,737 yards, and the Cardinals made the playoffs for the first time since 1982 and won their first post season game in 51 years.

He next went to the Oakland Raiders in 2001 as the quarterbacks coach. In 2002 he was promoted to offensive coordinator and the Raiders led the NFL in total offense with 389.8 yards per game and passing yards with 279.7 per game. That Raider team made it to the Super Bowl but lost to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Trestman spent the 2004 season with the Miami Dolphins and in 2005 he returned to college football as the North Carolina State Wolfpack offensive coordinator where he was known for being a conservative play-caller.

On December 18, 2007, Trestman was confirmed as the head coach for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League. The Alouettes narrowly lost 22-14 to the Calgary Stampeders in the 2008 Grey Cup championship game. At the conclusion of the season, he was nominated for the CFL's Annis Stukus Award as the league's top coach, with Calgary's John Hufnagel winning in the end.

Trestman worked with André Woodson leading up to the 2008 NFL Draft in an attempt to help improve Woodson's throwing mechanics and draft stock."

I'm not sure how I feel about Trestman as the head coach but if he were brought in as offensive coordinator, I'd be ecstatic. We just don't know if he'd want to return to the NFL as just a coordinator. He might be holding out for a head coaching job.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman

"He played quarterback for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers football team for three seasons. He transferred as a senior to play quarterback at Minnesota State University Moorhead. Trestman received a bachelor's degree in political science from Minnesota in 1979 and is a graduate of the University of Miami School of Law. He has been a member of the Florida bar since 1983.

Trestman went to training camp with the Minnesota Vikings in both 1978 and 1979 as a defensive back.

Coaching career

He entered football coaching at the University of Miami in 1981 as a volunteer coach. In 1983 he was named quarterbacks coach. That year quarterback Bernie Kosar passed for 2,329 yards and Miami won the national championship. The next year Kosar completed 262 passes for 3,642 yards, both school records.

Trestman then moved to the National Football League and coached the running backs with the Minnesota Vikings in 1985 and 1986. He became quarterbacks coach with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1987 then held the same position with the Cleveland Browns in 1988. In Cleveland he again coached Kosar and the team finished 10-6 and made the playoffs. He was promoted to offensive coordinator in 1989. That year Kosar passed for 3,533 yards and 18 TDs, wide receiver Webster Slaughter had a franchise record 1,236 receiving yards, and the Browns made it to the AFC Championship game.

In 1990, Trestman returned to Minnesota as quarterbacks coach for the Vikings. He spent two years there and then left coaching for three years.

He returned to the NFL in 1995 as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator with San Francisco, where he served in that capacity through 1996. The first year he was there the 49ers led the NFL with 457 points scored, 644 pass attempts and 4,779 passing yards.

Trestman moved to the Detroit Lions and quarterbacks coach in 1997. That year Lion's quarterback Scott Mitchell passed for 3,484 yards, second most in team history.

In 1998 he was with the Arizona Cardinals as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator. That year quarterback Jake Plummer threw for 3,737 yards, and the Cardinals made the playoffs for the first time since 1982 and won their first post season game in 51 years.

He next went to the Oakland Raiders in 2001 as the quarterbacks coach. In 2002 he was promoted to offensive coordinator and the Raiders led the NFL in total offense with 389.8 yards per game and passing yards with 279.7 per game. That Raider team made it to the Super Bowl but lost to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Trestman spent the 2004 season with the Miami Dolphins and in 2005 he returned to college football as the North Carolina State Wolfpack offensive coordinator where he was known for being a conservative play-caller.

On December 18, 2007, Trestman was confirmed as the head coach for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League. The Alouettes narrowly lost 22-14 to the Calgary Stampeders in the 2008 Grey Cup championship game. At the conclusion of the season, he was nominated for the CFL's Annis Stukus Award as the league's top coach, with Calgary's John Hufnagel winning in the end.

Trestman worked with André Woodson leading up to the 2008 NFL Draft in an attempt to help improve Woodson's throwing mechanics and draft stock."

Yea his resumes definetly impressive. The only thing that worries me about him is why precisely did he keep moving from team to team.

Yea his resumes definetly impressive. The only thing that worries me about him is why precisely did he keep moving from team to team.

That is the biggest question. Why has he been such a gypsy?

Two of the best HC-candidate coordinators out there seem to be:

Vikings DC Leslie Frazier

Bengals DC Mike Zimmer

The reason I don't like this is because Leslie Frazier is a defensive coordinator and Mike Zimmer, also. Who's gonna coach the offense. The head coach IMO is someone who should be running one unit or the other with the coordinator just doing the non-game day stuff.

This is his first season as OC. And my nephew who's a Saints fan said Payton actually does the play calling for the saints.

Jeez, he is amazing... he runs the Colts offense like a fine oiled machine, and still has time to call Drew Brees...wonder how he does it when they play at the same time! :wallbash: I bet you Eli is jealous!

I hope not, we have went that route one too many times, and they have been a failure each time. Look at the Bills history, it seems like the only coaches that had any success here were former head coaches (Saban, Levy, Knox).

I'd give Russ Grimm a shot.........he understands OL and building a power running game. He has had success in Pittsburgh, serving under Cowher and now in Arizona as Asst Head Coach. The Bills need a qb desperately but the OL is equally bad or is perhaps in even worse shape. He also seems like he is not a lifeless wuss like DJ.

If he was brought here under a top flight personnel man who was brought in to head football operations/gm role then I think it would at least be a step in the right direction. But if our talent evaluators like Modrak and Guy are still calling the shots were screwed. We'll have more lousy drafts and poor free agents brought in. I know its been said but how those two are still employed is beyond me. There is something wrong with how we select and develop players. Get them outta here yesterday. They are as bad as Jauron in my opinion in their job performance. I don't want those two screwing up this years draft/free agent assessment.

Head coaches need to be more of a gambler. I think it's harder for DC to become good HC for that reason.

The reason I don't like this is because Leslie Frazier is a defensive coordinator and Mike Zimmer, also. Who's gonna coach the offense. The head coach IMO is someone who should be running one unit or the other with the coordinator just doing the non-game day stuff.