Any good coordinators for HC out there?

Head coaches need to be more of a gambler. I think it's harder for DC to become good HC for that reason.

Tom Landry was a defensive coach for the New York Giants before becoming Cowboy's head coach. He went on to be on the great offensive coaches in the history of the NFL. So it is possible for smart football guy.

Jeez, he is amazing... he runs the Colts offense like a fine oiled machine, and still has time to call Drew Brees...wonder how he does it when they play at the same time! :rolleyes: I bet you Eli is jealous!

Man I am glad you responded first to that. I just keep looking at it and going"no I must be missing something"

haha...so not to be a jerk, but you guys DO realize that mob16151 was talking about the Saint's coach, Sean PAYTON...not PEYTON Manning... :thumbsup:

I can't say that I'm very excited about ANY of the unemployed ex-head coaches out there, they seeem to either be too old or bit overrated (and mostly not interested in the Bills job). Who are the top coordinators out there that could possibly make a good head coach?

Russ Grimm.

That Gregg Williams fellow is doing a heck of a job with the saints defense. Mike Mularkey has the falcons playing a physical brand of offense, with one of the top running games. He's done a decent job with youngster qb Matt Ryan as well. :rolleyes:

funny