For all you Peters haters

BeastMode54

I have been sick of the posts on Peters for a while, but I need to make this known. A lot of you have tried to defend his trade by saying he was fat, overrated, and lazy. I have seen more than a number of Eagles games and he has been a beast. Just like he was with the Bills. Our team has a lot of holes, A LOT, and we would have one less if we didn;t trade him away, or...better yet...giving him a decent contract 2 years ago at a much more manageable rate.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave up two sacks and a false start tonight alone. He's awesome.

PTR

the sack stat is totally miscued, but I'd rather take two sacks and false start while mauling guys the rest of the game, than mediocre to $hitty play and tons of false starts that we cunrrently have. You have no idea what you are talking about if you think hes not a good player.

the sack stat is totally miscued, but I'd rather take two sacks and false start while mauling guys the rest of the game, than mediocre to $hitty play and tons of false starts that we cunrrently have. You have no idea what you are talking about if you think hes not a good player.

Who cares how a LT is playing for ANOTHER team? Whether you approved of the trade or not, get over it. Worry about how players still wearing blue and red are playing.

You'd take a guy who gave up 32 sacks and took 16 false start penalties over the course of the season and we don't know what we're talking about? Get a clue, dude.

For the record, he isn't 'mauling' anybody this game. Stop watching it with rose-colored glasses.

I have been sick of the posts on Peters for a while, but I need to make this known. A lot of you have tried to defend his trade by saying he was fat, overrated, and lazy. I have seen more than a number of Eagles games and he has been a beast. Just like he was with the Bills. Our team has a lot of holes, A LOT, and we would have one less if we didn;t trade him away, or...better yet...giving him a decent contract 2 years ago at a much more manageable rate.

Honestly, whether you're bashing him or defending him, who gives a rat's a$$??! He's gone....love it or hate it...good, bad, or indifferent. Can we all just get on with our post-Peters football lives now, please? Cripes.

You'd take a guy who gave up 32 sacks and took 16 false start penalties over the course of the season and we don't know what we're talking about? Get a clue, dude.

For the record, he isn't 'mauling' anybody this game. Stop watching it with rose-colored glasses.

Yea, Bell, Chamber, Scott, Walker, they are all much much better, You need to get a clue dude. He's MUCH better than those guys, and it's a hole thats not easy to fix. Or....it would have been had we taken Oher.

Yea, Bell, Chamber, Scott, Walker, they are all much much better, You need to get a clue dude. He's MUCH better than those guys, and it's a hole thats not easy to fix. Or....it would have been had we taken Oher.

I didn't say Bell, Chambers, Scott, or Walker were better than him. But the point still stands; he's not even close to being worth what he's being paid. You just said you'd rather have a guy giving up 2 sacks/game and one false start/game. It's pretty obvious that your opinions need to be taken with a grain of salt.

I didn't say Bell, Chambers, Scott, or Walker were better than him. But the point still stands; he's not even close to being worth what he's being paid. You just said you'd rather have a guy giving up 2 sacks/game and one false start/game. It's pretty obvious that your opinions need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Is Evans worth what he is getting paid?

Is Evans worth what he is getting paid?

Not on this team. Not when we don't have a way of getting him the ball. But I believe he's a top WR in this league. We also had to pay him more to stay on a bad team, and his value is a little higher for being a good teammate. However WR is a dependent position. With no consistent play at the quarterback position it's a little more difficult to evaluate. Tackle is not.

Not on this team. Not when we don't have a way of getting him the ball. But I believe he's a top WR in this league. We also had to pay him more to stay on a bad team, and his value is a little higher for being a good teammate. However WR is a dependent position. With no consistent play at the quarterback position it's a little more difficult to evaluate. Tackle is not.

He's a top #2 WR and an average #1 Wr

We would have had to pay Peters or anyone else decent more to stay. That's what happens when your front office is more interested in the bottom line than winning.

It really comes down to creating a team here rather than blowing things up every four years or so. Whether Peters was worth the money or not there was no quality plan for replacement of the three decent lineman that were gotten rid of from last year, regardless of those guys contracts. Good teams replace players by bringing in more talented people, not by dropping them and hoping the camp fodder on the roster will make do.

I agree that Peters looks good,..really good. That only makes me hate him more. He never looked this good while he was here which means He CHOSE to half-ass it. He CHOSE to suck while he was here because he was unhappy. Boo Effin Hoo. I'm glad he's not a Bill. As good as he looks, I'll be impressed when he actually finishes a season.