For those who think we need to draft a LT

sharper802

Mel Kiper's Big Board only has one tackle in the top 25, Russell Okung from Oklahoma State. Every year there seems to be o-lineman that come out of nowhere to go high in the draft but this does not bode well for the Bills. I am going to stick to my guns and say QB should not be the first round pick. Unfortunately there are only a few LB's in the top 25 as well. Even fewer positions of need other than QB in the top 10 where the Bills likely will be picking. As always a bunch of DT, DE, and DB's are there.

Here's hoping they trade down....

So sad to be looking at the draft and Thanksgiving isn't even here yet....

If there isn't a decent value tackle available when we pick at 8 or whatever, I think people will be fine with the bills picking a Tackle in the 2nd round instead.

And this all depends on what happens in FA. for all we know, they sign a guy from there instead of draft. It will all be easier to tell when FA opens up.

I'd be fine with a DT pick, actually, if there aren't good trade-down opportunities. I just hope whoever is running the draft for the Bills realizes that this isn't a team that can afford to reach for players, and will pick someone worthy of the slot.

I would love to get Brandon Spikes and move Poz to the outside or Ndamukong Suh with our first rounder depending on how high/low the pick is. I'm just not sold on any of the QB's coming out other then maybe McCoy or possibly Mallet. As far as the LT position is concerned Okung is the only guy worth getting in the top 15. I also wouldn't mind Mclain at ILB.

Mel Kiper's Big Board only has one tackle in the top 25, Russell Okung from Oklahoma State. Every year there seems to be o-lineman that come out of nowhere to go high in the draft but this does not bode well for the Bills. I am going to stick to my guns and say QB should not be the first round pick. Unfortunately there are only a few LB's in the top 25 as well. Even fewer positions of need other than QB in the top 10 where the Bills likely will be picking. As always a bunch of DT, DE, and DB's are there.

I think the Bills should probably do one of the following:

1. Stay put and draft a QB or LT. (Assuming they don't have to reach for one.)

2. Trade down.

3. Draft a DL.

4. Draft a WR.

I'm not thrilled about option 3, and am even less so about option 4. It just makes so much more sense to get your QB and lines in order before you scamper off with drafting WRs. But this team does need another WR; albeit less urgently than some other positions.

While I like the idea of a LT/QB with the first round pick, I do not want to see this team reach for need! :blink:

:huh:

2. Trade down.

3. Draft a DL.

4. Draft a WR.

I'm not thrilled about option 3, and am even less so about option 4. It just makes so much more sense to get your QB and lines in order before you scamper off with drafting WRs. But this team does need another WR; albeit less urgently than some other positions.

While I like the idea of a LT/QB with the first round pick, I do not want to see this team reach for need! :blink:

:huh:

IMHO the only reason a team should draft a WR in the first round is if he is a sure-fire can't miss future superstar. I just don't think WR is that important of a position to spend that kind of investment on. In fact I think WR is the 4th least significant position on the field after K/P,TE,FS and right next to FB. Not to say none of these positions are important just that teams can win with mediocre talent in there. WR's can't perform to their full potential without at least a decent QB and a QB can't perform to their full potential without at least a decent OL and without a threat at RB every defense will have the option of playing with 7 in the box which hampers receivers regardless of talent. WR is one of the keys to a good offense but I rarely see a reason to spend a first round pick on one unless you have all of your other pieces in place. IDK if any of this makes sense to anyone else, it's just my theory on drafting WR's.

It's November. Things change ... a lot ... before the draft. Underclassmen come out. Guys improve. Opinions change. Diamonds are found in the rough ... and lots of other things too.

Lets wait and see what Levitre can do playing LT for therest of the season, maybe the Bills have a decent LT here, and have his backup in Bell.

As for QB, pick someone up off of FA this year and see what you have in Brohm, he was a 2nd rounder with decent College stats. Theres plenty of other areas the Bills can chose from in the draft to improve this team, itsnot like they have areas they don't need to upgrade. Plus, without knowing who the new coach/GM is, we have no idea what direction they want to go in and what they are going to need. I would be looking offence in the draft personally (if they plan on going with the same schemes) as the defence has been Good Enough to keep them in games and win, its the offence thats holding the team back. That doesn't mean the defence couldn't use some upgrades, but if you want to improve on what you have and not start over from scratch, the offence is where the focus should be

2. Trade down.

3. Draft a DL.

4. Draft a WR.

While I like the idea of a LT/QB with the first round pick, I do not want to see this team reach for need! :thumbsup:

:angry:

If we had a real QB, I think you'd find that our WRs are perfectly fine. Even without TO.

I would love to get Brandon Spikes and move Poz to the outside or Ndamukong Suh with our first rounder depending on how high/low the pick is. I'm just not sold on any of the QB's coming out other then maybe McCoy or possibly Mallet. As far as the LT position is concerned Okung is the only guy worth getting in the top 15. I also wouldn't mind Mclain at ILB.

Brandon Spikes would be an awesome pick up. He can rush the passer, has decent coverage skills, a tackling machine, he's a leader, he's big, and he has a mean streak.

The linebacker from Bama, McClain, would also be a great fit. Too bad it would be impossible to get them both. Running backs and tight ends would fear for their lives.

I'm definitely in the camp that believes we need to upgrade our DT and LB spots, but I see far more chances to do so in Free Agency than I do in the draft. Guys like Barrett Ruud, Shawne Merriman, Karlos Dansby, DeMeco Ryans, Thomas Davis, Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard, D'Qwell Jackson, Chase Blackburn, Gary Brackett, Chris Gocong and Derrick Johnson are all slated to be free agents this upcoming season at LB. That's a pretty damn impressive group, even if a few of them get slapped with the ol' franchise tag or re-sign.

I hope we use our first or second pick on another O-Lineman, I feel that with Levitre, Wood, Hangartner and Butler we have a decent foundation for the future but we still need more depth along the O-Line.

Well, the good news is that we will probably be drafting in the top 8 again.

Hopefully, we will be solidifying the offensive line.

On a side note, how much of a boner move does it look like now that we drafted Donte Whitner above Pro-Bowler Haloti Ngata?

I certainly don't want another Mike Williams-type pick, but if Modrak and Guy are gone...I will feel better.

Dude its Kiper, he sucks.

There are plenty of good tackles to be had, not as many as past years but they are there. I will be intereeted to see if Baluga declares because he is a real road grader. Ciron Black is awful though.

Did he include underclassmen who may come out early?