Peter King on WGR

PromoTheRobot

Names might fail as often as they succeed but I think the success rate for proven winners moving to other teams is still more favorable than first timers. I would want nothing to do with Mike Zimmer, and neither should any Bills fan. The time for experimentation is over.

Obviously, everybody wants to catch the young genius on the way up. But the Bills botched both of their recent shots at never before HC's and the non-name retread they just fired was a disaster. After Dave Campo, Dallas didn't keep hiring no-names, the got Parcells and got the organizaton going in the right direction. Sooner or later you have to let your organization get some traction, and while a retread like Shanahan might never recapture his SB winning touch, he would more than likely get the organization back to truly competitive football. Not just an unwatchable, statistically terrible football played conservatively enough to win 7 out of 16 games.

I have to disagree with you. Look at the NFL right now. Compare the records of first-time coaches to ones with experience.

I know what Bills fans want a big name hire but the stats say a SB winning coach has never won a SB with another team. Never. So why do we want this??? What we really need is another Bill Polian. Then let him hire everyone.

PTR

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2001 I believe.. The Greg Williams experiment .. Phil Hansen asked why they would change the number 2 defense in the league at the time... I think we know how their record has been since.

There were a few games when Phillips was either DC or HC when they ran a 4-3, just because of a paucity of linebackers. I still remember the first game they used it - against Miami, who was so confused by it they couldn't do a damned thing.

I don't think that counts as a "switch" to the 4-3...but felt it should be mentioned anyway.

- Buffalo is not as unattractive a job as some fans think. Oakland is toxic. Buffalo is not.

- Don't get hung up on name coaches. The names fail just as often as they succeed.

- Suggested Mike Zimmer from Cinci, a DC with a Parcells pedigree.

PTR

Mike Zimmer, there you go, there's the unproven coach you've been clambering for. And now you have an idiot like Peter King to help you promote it. Are you finally happy you pessimistic negative Nelie? Mike Zimmer to save the Bills and redeem them from their playoff drought. Just kind of makes you want to go buy a jersey.

Mike Zimmer, there you go, there's the unproven coach you've been clambering for. And now you have an idiot like Peter King to help you promote it. Are you finally happy you pessimistic negative Nelie? Mike Zimmer to save the Bills and redeem them from their playoff drought. Just kind of makes you want to go buy a jersey.

Are you high?

PTR

I wish you were, you need to calm down. Your negativity is boring.

Your comments are boring. Seriously. All you do is tell people that they are stupid, they should shut up, they are "negative, and so on. Seriously, look at your posts. You insult people more than you talk about football here. What is wrong with you?

I have to disagree with you. Look at the NFL right now. Compare the records of first-time coaches to ones with experience.

I know what Bills fans want a big name hire but the stats say a SB winning coach has never won a SB with another team. Never. So why do we want this??? What we really need is another Bill Polian. Then let him hire everyone.

PTR

thank you

it all starts with the GM - who sets the philosophy for the franchise

(which needs to be a hard nosed, blue collar, aggressive team built from the trenches.)

the coach needs to share his philosophy so the players acquired are maximized by the coach.

Here are your quotes to many different members, not just a few.

Your negativity is boring.

Are you finally happy you pessimistic negative Nelie?

You're a joke.

Please shut up, all you do is complain.

Your comment was less than useless.

Funny.

Do you really think that's a sentence? You're a grammatical genius, you should move to France.

Thank you for the second coat of stupidity.

You have exceptionally rare grammar skills.

It was crazy to me how Jauron wanted to run a 4-3 in our division. I agree the 3-4 is much better, but it requires SIZE. You need to have a big nose tackle and linebackers who can really get a push on the O-line. The Bills as a franchise had a lot of success running it back in the day of Ted Cottrell.

Biggest reason I think a 3-4 is necessary is so you can move Maybin outside to be a blitzing line backer.

and to think back in the mid 90's everyone wanted us to switch from the 3-4 to the 4-3. Now everyone wants to go the other way.

First off, we have NO LB so the 3-4 is gonna be difficult to work here. Second, out 4-3 sucks because the front 4 can't rush the passer with any consistency. Either way we need 4 or 5 new guys in the front 7! That's gonna be rough.

thank you

it all starts with the GM - who sets the philosophy for the franchise

(which needs to be a hard nosed, blue collar, aggressive team built from the trenches.)

the coach needs to share his philosophy so the players acquired are maximized by the coach.

That is really what this team needs. going into the season we usually already know our team is going to be weak. And it is usually because of the personel decisions made by the GM rather than anything else. Paying Dockery and not a better player was just one of the many mistakes the front office has made that would have screwed up any coach. We def need a new front office. I wish there was more signs that pointed to that. We know we are getting a new coach. But a new GM may or may not happen. And that is what we need more than anything.

Your comments are boring. Seriously. All you do is tell people that they are stupid, they should shut up, they are "negative, and so on. Seriously, look at your posts. You insult people more than you talk about football here. What is wrong with you?

Not to mention it's a trademark violation. He'll be hearing from my lawyers.

Yeah your probably right, I do insult people more than I talk football. But to clear up the perception, I guess you would classify me as a reader rather than a poster. I spend every bit as much time on here reading as anyone with a lot of posts, if that makes sense? And when I read these guys posts after posts after posts after posts, just ruining my "reading" experience it just irks the hell out of me and I just have to type to let my aggravation out.

So I guess I can understand what you are saying about me, but as a reader I guess I feel just as much apart of this site as a reader than anyone that posts a lot. Then when I get on here to get my news daily and click from thread to thread and have to read the same guys posting ridiculous comment after ridiculous comment when all you want to do is read good football talk, I just loose it on these people.

Yeah your probably right, I do insult people more than I talk football. But to clear up the perception, I guess you would classify me as a reader rather than a poster. I spend every bit as much time on here reading as anyone with a lot of posts, if that makes sense? And when I read these guys posts after posts after posts after posts, just ruining my "reading" experience it just irks the hell out of me and I just have to type to let my aggravation out.

So I guess I can understand what you are saying about me, but as a reader I guess I feel just as much apart of this site as a reader than anyone that posts a lot. Then when I get on here to get my news daily and click from thread to thread and have to read the same guys posting ridiculous comment after ridiculous comment when all you want to do is read good football talk, I just loose it on these people.

I gotta recommend the ignore feature if you find particular posters so annoying that you're tempted to just respond with an insult. It'll make reading the site a lot more pleasant for you, you'll just see "You have chosen to ignore..." and it won't raise your blood pressure.

Trust me, I use it and it works.

I agree that it starts at the top. If Ralph is willing to change for the better and do what it takes to get this team on track again, then you can't get anymore top than that. Next up, GM. We need someone who knows what the f**k they are doing. Then, get the HC, etc.