RIP Stefanie Spielman

Geezus, I've been holding back a ton of emotion since reading this a few mins ago....I remember when Spielman shaved his head in support of his wife, and how determined he was to go through this with her to the greatest degree possible. There aren't a lot of things in my life that I truly have hatred for, but cancer is one of them. It took my mom too early, and I know it has impacted the lives of many of you guys, too.

I didn't know Stephanie personally, obviously, but 42 years old? Geezus, the anger and sadness that wells up in me when I think about this is just unbearable. The Spielman family will be in my prayers, and I hope and pray that I live to see the day when someone discovers a way to prevent this type of thing from taking the women we love away so early in life.

:lol:

Mine too, bro.

Those of us who have gone through it have deep, deep sympathies for those experiencing it now.

...And for those who have not gone through it, we pray that you never have to experience it.

My prayers go out to the Spielman family and all those families in pain dealing with this dreaded disease.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts and prayers go out to the Spielmans and all of you that have been effected by this terrible disease. I lost my mother back in '02 to breast cancer and there's not a day that goes by where I don't think about her.

This is a tremendous article from about a month ago that really touched my heart.

RIP Stefanie

Great article, good to see they found strength and courage through their beliefs, and family. Cancer is a brutal, terrible thing and I agree with everyone else, lets hope that we are all around to see The Spielmans (and everyone else that are doing all they can to work towards a cure) efforts come to fruition. The whole situation makes me respect Chris even more, he was an "old school linebacker" but when he took the season off to help his wife, it said a lot about him as a man. Sorry to all the others who post here who have dealt with or are dealing with cancer directly or indirectly. God speed Stefanie Spielman, you were a brave warrior and will be remembered as such.

May peace be with the Spielman family.

Here is a link to the memorial service they had after Stefanie passed.

Service

"I am somewhere unbelievably beautiful. I'm OK. I'm so OK. And you're going to be OK, too."

Those words from the mouth of Stefanie Spielman, on videotape, opened her memorial service today in Trinity United Methodist Church in Marble Cliff.

"I trust God's plan. I hope, right now, that you are trusting God's plan," she said.

May peace be with the Spielman family.

Here is a link to the memorial service they had after Stefanie passed.

Service

"I am somewhere unbelievably beautiful. I'm OK. I'm so OK. And you're going to be OK, too."

Those words from the mouth of Stefanie Spielman, on videotape, opened her memorial service today in Trinity United Methodist Church in Marble Cliff.

"I trust God's plan. I hope, right now, that you are trusting God's plan," she said.

There is no chance I would have been able to sit through that videotape without totally breaking down. None.

Especially not after watching my cousin go through the same thing, at almost the same age: Miss you, cuz.

There is no chance I would have been able to sit through that videotape without totally breaking down. None.

Especially not after watching my cousin go through the same thing, at almost the same age: Miss you, cuz.

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. As was Stefanie, taken much to soon.

The videotape is worth watching at a time you find appropriate. I shed a few tears watching it, but more than than anything it left me in awe of Stefanie's courage, and her ability to shine a light on those who needed strength. What a beautiful, beautiful person.

In regards to the loss of your much loved cousin Randy-

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

Kahlil Gibran

Chris Spielman is to return to his radio show today.

Link

The Celebration of Life yesterday and listening to Chris talk today is both heart-wrenchingly sad but unbelievably uplifting as well. If you admire Chris Spielman the football player, you most definitely will admire Chris the man, the husband and father.