How much more would you pay to get your money's worth?

BillsfaninFl

If the Bills charged an average of $15 more per game ticket, would you pay it if RW spent it on better personnel?

My days of Bills season tickets are behind me, because I now live in Florida. But I have been paying over $200 per year to watch the Bills on NFL Sunday Ticket (until this season). I just wonder how many others out there would gladly pay a little more for a decent chance to get their money's worth.

If the average Bills ticket price is $51.24 and adding in another $20+ spent on game days, wouldn't it make sense to agree to pay a little more to actually be entertained at the games?

I know these are tough times, but now you are tossing $70+ down the toilet each game to be frustrated. What do you think?

If the Bills charged an average of $15 more per game ticket, would you pay it if RW spent it on better personnel?

My days of Bills season tickets are behind me, because I now live in Florida. But I have been paying over $200 per year to watch the Bills on NFL Sunday Ticket (until this season). I just wonder how many others out there would gladly pay a little more for a decent chance to get their money's worth.

If the average Bills ticket price is $51.24 and adding in another $20+ spent on game days, wouldn't it make sense to agree to pay a little more to actually be entertained at the games?

I know these are tough times, but now you are tossing $70+ down the toilet each game to be frustrated. What do you think?

I also live outside of BLO but if I didn't and RW is willing to seriously and continuously invest in his team I would have no problem shelling out extra cash for a good product.

I'd easily be willing to spend an additional 25-35% if it meant getting legitimate front office guys and coaches. That would put the $630 season tickets in the range of $810. It does seem a bit steep, but I'd like to still be excited about this team in November and December, rather than looking forward to the draft in mid October every season.

I think if a 15% increase in ticket prices went directly toward hiring good football guys and we were winning games and competing for the playoffs, the season ticket base would be just as high if not higher than it is now. People want to watch a winner plain and simple, and they're willing to pay to see a winner. Just look at the stub hub prices for Colts home games (a city that isn't exactly known for being a big market, much like Buffalo).

A 15% increase means about an additional $4.5 - $5.5 million generated each season, (assuming a 95% occupancy at the games, a near certainty if we were competing every season) which more than covers the cost of getting a big name HC/GM.

My seats are in the Rockpile, so 15% is another $4.50. Round it off to an even $35 per ticket. I'd pay it in a heartbeat.

PTR

I have a few addiional season tickets in the Rock Piles as well for family members and agree the Bills could easily get away with charging much more for those sections. The Rock Piles are probably the best price for the location in all of professional sports. It's not even upper deck bleeds! I won't complain.

I have a few addiional season tickets in the Rock Piles as well for family members and agree the Bills could easily get away with charging much more for those sections. The Rock Piles are probably the best price for the location in all of professional sports. It's not even upper deck bleeds! I won't complain.

I was considering going to the Bills vs Carolina game in Charlotte, but on Stub hub or ebay tickets were 100-300$.

I think we still have the cheapest tickets in the league--or very close to cheapest. Ralph bashers should at least give him credit for that. Whether the team is worth watching is another story.

Until this year, when apathy set in early due to all the losing, you could easily sell a Bills ticket for 150% of face on ticket exchange. So if the Bills are winning, they could charge 50% more than what they're charging for most seats now & people would pay. When I went to Giants Stadium this year to see the Bills, my bus trip was $119 & the tickets in the nosebleed sections we were in were $75 each. They'll be more for the Jets next year in the new stadium.

My typical day at the Ralph: Ticket $45, Tolls around $22, Parking $20, Gas $60. That's close to $150 per game, over if you count food. Since the ticket is less than 1/3rd the cost, I'd be willing to pay a lot more for a winner.

I'd easily be willing to spend an additional 25-35% if it meant getting legitimate front office guys and coaches. That would put the $630 season tickets in the range of $810. It does seem a bit steep, but I'd like to still be excited about this team in November and December, rather than looking forward to the draft in mid October every season.

I think if a 15% increase in ticket prices went directly toward hiring good football guys and we were winning games and competing for the playoffs, the season ticket base would be just as high if not higher than it is now. People want to watch a winner plain and simple, and they're willing to pay to see a winner. Just look at the stub hub prices for Colts home games (a city that isn't exactly known for being a big market, much like Buffalo).

A 15% increase means about an additional $4.5 - $5.5 million generated each season, (assuming a 95% occupancy at the games, a near certainty if we were competing every season) which more than covers the cost of getting a big name HC/GM.

I would definitely pay an additional 25-50% and I would sign a 10 year commitment if Ralph signs a lease extension and hires a real football guy to run the show.

I believe I've said it on this board before so I'll say it again. I'd pay $25 more a seat. RW continualy decries Bflo as poor or small market. However, that mentality and economic reality does not take into account passion, as evident by sellouts on a regular basis for a decade of fail! He and his minions are way too short sighted. They could sell tickets at $10 more per seat across the board when they suck, IMO. So they could do even better when they're winning (whenever the hell that is!).

Here's why I think it can happen: the Sabres charge more for seats for a relatively meaningless (1 home game has significantly less importance in the NHL than the NFL) Wednesday night game in November. A season ticket holder on the 50, 10 rows up from the field pays $70 per seat. That's a joke. I had the lucky opportunity to sit there last season for the MNF game against the Browns and thought the Bills are wasting an opportunity to increase seat prices. If a MNF game is only worth $70 for the best non-club/suite seat in the house, the front office is dumber than I thought.

It seems to me that the issue is not so much the price of the tickets, but the ability of residents to absorb higher prices. I live in the Washington DC area and have put in for several Buffalo-area jobs in my field. The salaries they were quoting would set me back 20 years. Maybe I'm in the wrong field (quite possible), but the offers were 60% lower than what I'm making now. I'll be happy to take a haircut in order to go back home, but I won't get scalped. My guess is that wages in WNY are not keeping up with a lot of other areas.

Another problem is that the current structure requires teams to split ticket revenues -- so if the Bills were to raise their ticket prices by $15 a game, they'd have to give $7.50 of that to their opponents.

However, they get to keep all their luxury suite revenues. That's why guys like Jerry Jones build palaces with enough luxury suites to house half of Erie County. I don't know if WNY has that kind of corporate presence, but my guess is that there's not much of a line to pay for luxury suites.

I'm going to be in Buffalo next week to visit the in-laws. It'll be good to actually pick up a real copy of the Buffalo News and flip through the Sports section rather than reading it online.

great question. i would pay around 100 for a ticket to to see a winner

I've been arguing this point for years that Wilson has instituted this self-imposed ticket price limit on himself and tries to justify it by not spending as much as other teams do, which then leads to poor records, etc...

People will pay to go see a winner...especially in Buffalo...

It seems to me that the issue is not so much the price of the tickets, but the ability of residents to absorb higher prices. I live in the Washington DC area and have put in for several Buffalo-area jobs in my field. The salaries they were quoting would set me back 20 years. Maybe I'm in the wrong field (quite possible), but the offers were 60% lower than what I'm making now. I'll be happy to take a haircut in order to go back home, but I won't get scalped. My guess is that wages in WNY are not keeping up with a lot of other areas.

Perhaps, but keep in mind you aren't paying $2500 a month for a mortgage on a 1,000 square foot house here either...