Mike Shanahan comin to town

NCDAWG

Please football gods.... we've suffered through Williams, Mularkey & Skeletor.

Shanahan would build an O-line and actually RUN THE BALL!

Bring the 3-4 back to Buffalo. 6 of the 7 front seven are already here:

DE- Stroud

DE- Williams/Kelsay

NT- draft in '10

OLB- Schoebel

OLB- Maybin

ILB- Poz

ILB- Mitchell

maybin and schobel at OLBs.....dear God in heaven...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schopp and Bulldog discussing Shanny's record without Elway, and it ain't so hot. Do we want a coach who needs a hall of fame QB to win?

PTR

Sorry, but if those guys tried to tell me Billacheat is going to a be a Hall of Famer, I still

wouldn't trust them.

As for Shanny, go get him. Real NFL HC experience. Real SB experience. Good game

manager. And if he brought just a few of his old guys with him, namely his old OC line

coach and RB coach, all the better.

And if memory serves, didn't it take Shanny to make Elway a Super Bowl WINNING QB?

maybin and schobel at OLBs.....dear God in heaven...

Maybin would probably be a better fit for a 3-4 OLB than he is as a DE in a 4-3. Schobel is nearing the end of his career, so finding just the right fit for him isn't as important for the long-term future of this team. That said, I think he'd be a decent stopgap measure for a year or two, which I think is all the other poster was getting at.

Transitioning to a 3-4 would come at a price. Specifically, the Schobels of the team would be a little out of position over the short term. But I think that price would be worth paying anyway. For one thing, guys like that are old enough that they won't be with us very long anyway. For another, a 3-4 defense would be a significant upgrade to the defensive scheme currently in place.

And on ESPNNews Steve Young essentially laughed off the notion that Shanahan would go to Buffalo, of all places. FU Steve!

Well, if Shanahan has half of brain he wouldn't want to come to Buffalo...think about it. Bills fans might want him- that doesn't mean he wants Upstate NY. Look at the coaches who have agreed to take the job over the years- not exactly five star guys.

Well, if Shanahan has half of brain he wouldn't want to come to Buffalo...think about it. Bills fans might want him- that doesn't mean he wants Upstate NY. Look at the coaches who have agreed to take the job over the years- not exactly five star guys.
Why is that? Because upstate NY has snow and cold? Gosh, he never saw that in balmy Denver. Also, there is upside -IF he's given the control he wants:

a) The team has nowhere to go but up, he'll be considered a savior

b) On reputation alone everyone will give him at least 3 years to build a playoff caliber team

c) He's gonna gets some decent draft picks

I think the reason the "five star guys" haven't agreed to take the job over the years is there hasn't been any five star money. I mean seriously what five star guys have we even talked to in our last hunts?

I'm excited to see a name like Shanahan and the Bills in the same sentence.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but didn't Dick Jauron beat Mike Shanahan the last time their teams played? Am I supposed to just forget that ever happened?

Yes, clearly Jauron is the superior coach. Always remember that... :lol: