Perry Fewell

Bill from NYC

but he coordinates this awful style of defense.

To make matters worse, he was a defensive backs coach. :lol::rolleyes::lol:

I hope they get rid of him as soon as the season is over. They have to cut out all of the cancer.

Sorry, jmo.

On the flip side, he gets a bunch of street free agents to keep the Bills in games. Also you don't know how much a role Jauron played in setting up our defense that way. Don't expect a completely new defensive scheme in just 3 days but I am willing to give Fewell a shot. To me he was the only coach, as opposed to April and AVP, who had a positive story to tell. Ralph picked the right guy to be interim HC.

PTR

On the flip side, he gets a bunch of street free agents to keep the Bills in games. Also you don't know how much a role Jauron played in setting up our defense that way. Don't expect a completely new defensive scheme in just 3 days but I am willing to give Fewell a shot. To me he was the only coach, as opposed to April and AVP, who had a positive story to tell. Ralph picked the right guy to be interim HC.

PTR

I have no issues with him as an interim coach Promo. My thing is after that it's time to say goodbye.

I hope they get rid of him as soon as the season is over.

What scares me -- and I've posted this before -- is that except for Harvey Johnson, who didn't want it, every interim coach Ralph has ever hired has been given at least another full year. Look at the chart in today's BNews story.

What scares me -- and I've posted this before -- is that except for Harvey Johnson, who didn't want it, every interim coach Ralph has ever hired has been given at least another full year. Look at the chart in today's BNews story.

Look at it this way. If they don't hire a good GM/Football Ops guy, they could hire my grandmother for head coach. It's won't matter. Supposedly (according to Ch.2) Brandon is doing a GM/Ops guy search. That is the guy who will decide who coaches, scouts, gets drafted, etc. If Fewell sticks around it will be that guy who decides. Quit worrying about the head coach job. It's the Ops guy who we better be praying for.

PTR

I have no issues with him as an interim coach Promo. My thing is after that it's time to say goodbye.

Agreed we should be looking for a proven commodity to run this team, but the problem is that a Shanahan, Homlgren, Gruden, Cowher (take your pick of the proven past winners who are not HCs anywhere right now) does not appear likely to want to come to a team with an owner with a proven track record of exercising his owners right to force bad football decisions (the handshake deal with Jimbo is a pretty proven bad football judgment that only Mr. Ralph could have done and there is a list of bad football moves after that which if Mr. Ralph did not initiate them he certainly had to check-off on the move).

I doubt a proven winner will come here without assurances that the owner will not exercise his right to meddle and given Mr. Ralph's failed relationships with Polian, Butler, Wade, MM. GW TD and now his firing of Wade.

Fewell has all the makings of re-arranging the deck chairs but barring a proven winner being willing to sign up now I am willing to let reality during the last 7 games determine how I feel about Fewell.

I doubt he can turn it around with this Jauron/Mr. Ralph built team but I am quite happy to let reality inform me about how the team works with him in a new role. i doubt he can do anything to change my mind and i doubt a proven winner can be had now but barring some great opportunity i see no reason not to let reality inform my opinions rather than to simply jump to a conclusion right now.

Mike Tomlin was a DB coach. Heck Harbaugh was too, as well as ST. But y'all continue just burning the mother down. Fewell isn't Jauron-lite. Heck we don't know what Fewell is. I'd like to see him coach a game before I declare he's mentally incabable of leading this "storied franchise" to victory.

Mike Tomlin was a DB coach. Heck Harbaugh was too, as well as ST. But y'all continue just burning the mother down. Fewell isn't Jauron-lite. Heck we don't know what Fewell is. I'd like to see him coach a game before I declare he's mentally incabable of leading this "storied franchise" to victory.

Belichick was a longtime DB coach. Carry on.

Belichick was a longtime DB coach. Carry on.

Your point is made, but I am also wondering if you think that after all these years of building a cold weather team around the secondary, Bills fans have a right to be spooked by a guy who marched in the Jauron parade of losing and stupidity?

So, if you see Spencer Johnson and Aaron Schobel chasing wrs around in coverage next week, you might want to think back to this thread. And in the interest of constructive dialogue, how many teams do you think would hire Fewell as DC, let alone head coach. Please get back to me and let me know. :rolleyes:

Nobody is a proven winner in the NFL. Bellicheat was a total failure in Cleveland before becoming the NFL's "Ubercoach" (methods notwithstanding). All of the top teams this year are coached by first-timers wgo were basically unknowns before getting hired. And all of the names being tossed around like Holmgren, Shannahan and Gruden have their share of bad years. Heck, even Dick Jauron was 13-3 anbd coach of the year once! If any of these guiys were a guaranteed ticket to the playoffs why aren't they coaching now? Why were unheralded coordinators hired instead of these guys?

Again...we have to hire the right top guy or nothing we do will amount to a hill of dog poo.

PTR

Your point is made, but I am also wondering if you think that after all these years of building a cold weather team around the secondary, Bills fans have a right to be spooked by a guy who marched in the Jauron parade of losing and stupidity?

So, if you see Spencer Johnson and Aaron Schobel chasing wrs around in coverage next week, you might want to think back to this thread. And in the interest of constructive dialogue, how many teams do you think would hire Fewell as DC, let alone head coach. Please get back to me and let me know. :rolleyes:

And yet when Bill Bellicheat* does the same thing, he's a genius.

PTR

& just yesterday you said that do not be surprised if Jauron & company are back selecting a DB with our top 5 pick next year. I immediately responded that do not worry Jauron is as good as gone. An hour later he was fired. My point is, why dont we let this thing playout before you start getting your pantyhose in a bunch. I know your pessimistic & with good reason, but anything short of running the table & getting this miserable sack of shiit into the playoffs, Fewell will not be the coach next year. So relax, lets see what happens.

We only lead the league in picks, have **** for LB'ers, and the D plays the whole fing game. Yep Fewell sucks.

I understand how a poor offense hurts, but I don't think the D - even when fresh - ranks very high in forcing the opposing offenses into 3-and-outs.

I'm on the sidelines re Fewell. Either he approves of this lightweight defense and the so-called bend don't break thing, or he hasn't been able to persuade the powers that be to get normal-sized NFL LBs and to not buy into the position switches.

Dunno...

& just yesterday you said that do not be surprised if Jauron & company are back selecting a DB with our top 5 pick next year. I immediately responded that do not worry Jauron is as good as gone. An hour later he was fired.

True, and don't think that I do not appreciate the dialogue. :unsure: Btw, if Jauron stayed I would have taken bets on it. B-)

My entire point here is the old "fruit from the poison tree" concept. IF Fewell changes his defensive concept I am all for the guy but it isn't likely. He was brought in by Jauron, who was brought in by Levy. They would all seem to be oriented towards defensive backs, small linebackers and Schobel in coverage. Not good Gordio, not good at all.