Will everyone be on board with the next hire?

zow2

It's clear just from this message board that people support many different coaching/GM options. Anything short of Cowher or Gruden will bring out the naysayers. I for one hope that everyone gets on board with this next hire and doesn't b*tch about it before any games are played. We really need some positive energy in this town....fans, players, coaches, management, etc...

It's clear just from this message board that people support many different coaching/GM options. Anything short of Cowher or Gruden will bring out the naysayers. I for one hope that everyone gets on board with this next hire and doesn't b*tch about it before any games are played. We really need some positive energy in this town....fans, players, coaches, management, etc...

good luck with that. i see a lot of people here that just love to vent and gripe about everything that happens. i don't know how some folks can call themselves "bills fans". i am guilty of being the exact opposite. i tend to try with all my might to "billieve" that we have a chance every year no matter what...can't help it, this is my team and i love them, but at times it is really hard to like them. anyway...here's to hope!

If the players aren't happy with the new head coach, it'll be the best thing that ever happened. He's there to be a coach, not a buddy. Produce or get out. Make a decision about whether you want to be a real football player because no one is going to pick you up as a free agent after you're cut. You're already on a rock bottom team. If you can't make an impact here, you're done.

I don't need a high profile coach, with the understanding that a real, competent, proven NFL GM is hired and given control of the football operation.

I also am more concerned with removing Modrak and Guy and replacing them with guys like Nix and Kokinis or Gabriel than the head coach and staff.

I believe that the main reason the organization has suffered is because they did not replace the front office talent when Butler, Smith, and Nix left for San Diego. The front office was allowed to wither and rot. Donahoe sucked, and Marv was not any better. Brandon is a marketing guy with his roots in baseball.

Give me someone who has a proven record of building winners (Allen, Wolf, Reese), and let them make the coaching choices.

I'll be on board with a real front office in place.

No.

Least of all the players. On average, a regime change means a 70% roster turnover in a couple of years.

We could go as deep as 80-85% easy, and I'd be ok with that. Just give me a GM and head coach who aren't wet nurses and Wilson yes men.

i'm not on board until I see who the GM and coach are. They had better show potential before I'm climbing onto the bandwagon. Jauron wasn't a very good choice at the time, and wasn't a winner from the get go. The Bills don't have a lot of credibility right now and they had better show me something before I'm getting on board.

I wasnt on board for Jauron when he came I knew he was a bad idea and the worst one out of the options we had at the time.

I am for a competitive coach one that can get this team over the hump. Hell I will even go as far as saying if Perry can pull off a 5-2 record with the remainder of the season that I would give him the opprotunity.

The thing thats different this year then any other year we needed a head coach is that their our huge iconic names out there. Our mouths water at the fact of possibility in a coach of Cower, Shanahan, Gruden and holmgren stature with Billick also a possibility as well. Proven coaches coaches that have come in and turned teams around and made superbowls.

To me COWER would be the best option but as I said as long as its someone with intesity and the capibility of putting together a competitve season I would support that coach until proven otherwise.

I wanted to insert the laughing smiley face, but that is kind of the problem I think you are referencing. Will there be bitching? Absolutely. Our fan base is very negative, which is understandable, but it is compounding the problem rather than helping. There are a lot of bright spots on this team, but it would take them going to another team and ripping us to shreds as opponents for a lot of fans to see that.

It seems that the negativity has become somewhat fashionable, which is annoying to me. I know the losing has been hard...believe me I know!! The fact remains that I don't want to root for another team, and if this team ever left, I may never watch football again. I don't know, but the point is, I don't believe that Wilson has put inferior product out there with the intention of letting us eat cake. I think he, like most depression era businessmen, tried to get by on the cheap, hoping it would all work out. It didn't. Now he needs to go against all that he knows, and all that has made him successful, and pony up.

The funny part is, even if it doesn't get better, we will be here 4 years from now offering our solutions and hoping it does.

In my mind, one thing is certain, IF any Bills coach from now on says that winning games in this league is hard, that's immediate grounds for dismissal. I agree with the rebuilding scheme in the front office first, because this franchise has put the cart in front of the horse WAY TOO MANY TIMES!!! Let football guys try and produce football results, and that will weigh heavily in the Bills favor, although there are NO gaurantees. Personally, I'd go young General Manager and experienced head coach, we'll see the changes soon, hopefully!

On this board, anything short of the second coming of Vince Lombardi (with the second coming of Johnny Unitas in tow) will bring out the nay sayers. Actually, even then I'm pretty sure there would be Unitas bashers.

But I think it's certainly legit to question the hire if Ralph sticks to his usual plan of underpaying and getting mediocre coaching talent.

Not yet. We still have to see who they hire. Although I couldn't be happier that they've finally shown Jauron the door, they could still screw it up royally by hiring some third rate coordinator as a replacement and the same holds true for the GM position.

good luck with that. i see a lot of people here that just love to vent and gripe about everything that happens. i don't know how some folks can call themselves "bills fans". i am guilty of being the exact opposite. i tend to try with all my might to "billieve" that we have a chance every year no matter what...can't help it, this is my team and i love them, but at times it is really hard to like them. anyway...here's to hope!

What he said. I supported Jauron until last year. Every coaching change is a new ray of hope.

i'm not on board until I see who the GM and coach are. They had better show potential before I'm climbing onto the bandwagon. Jauron wasn't a very good choice at the time, and wasn't a winner from the get go. The Bills don't have a lot of credibility right now and they had better show me something before I'm getting on board.

Isn't often that I'm on board with what ^^^THIS PINKO^^^ says, but I couldn't agree more. After ten years of utter disaster, I want proven results, and copious coin spent to get said proven results.

I'm sure we can all agree who ever the next hire is, he will be better than DJ