Will everyone be on board with the next hire?

zow2

I will be disappointed if we base our coach and GM hire strictly on name value. If you study the resumes of some of these hotshot coaches they have some serious warts. Remember Shanahan got run out of Denver and Holmgren didn't exactly thrive in Seattle. Not saying they would be bad hires, just that these guys have a bad side too.

I see teams like the Colts and Saints thrive with coaches who were unknowns. I want a GM/Ops guy who actually knows talent and drafts and hires the best people based on talent, not who gets Adam Schein's nipples hard.

PTR

I will be disappointed if we base our coach and GM hire strictly on name value. If you study the resumes of some of these hotshot coaches they have some serious warts. Remember Shanahan got run out of Denver and Holmgren didn't exactly thrive in Seattle. Not saying they would be bad hires, just that these guys have a bad side too.

I see teams like the Colts and Saints thrive with coaches who were unknowns. I want a GM/Ops guy who actually knows talent and drafts and hires the best people based on talent, not who gets Adam Schein's nipples hard.

PTR

this is most definitely true

which is why Shanahan would be a bad hire

if he comes, it will be with control of football decision making - which he is really bad at.

Bills need to find the best GM and football guy first - then let that guy find a coach who fits the philosophy