very sad commentary

dave mcbride

1. The firing of Wade Phillips.

2. The firing of Gregg Williams.

3. The firing of Tom Donohoe.

4. The resignation of Mike Mularkey.

5. The firing of Dick Jauron.

These have been the happiest days here. The others -- the hirings of Mularkey/Willams/Marv/Jauron/Donohoe, the trade for Bledsoe, the signing of TO, and the various draft picks -- don't compare when it comes to outright happiness and enthusiasm here.

I'd put the Donahoe firing at the top of the list. His reign of terror over this organization is worse than the apathy of Jauron.

Your nuts! Just saying...as bad as Doahoe was, things have been much worse since he was fired. I would be willing to bet, if there was a way to prove such things, this franchise wouldn't be in near the shambles it is right now, if Donahoe was still here.

Honestly, I think the list is faulty. The Mularkey resignation was a clear indication of how fugged up this franchise was. It was hardly a happy day...just an embarassing day.

I would put Marv Levy's resignation (as GM) 2nd on this list, right behind Jaurons' firing. The Gregg Williams firing is up there too. But, at least, for me, the firing of Wade Phillips and the resignation of Mularkey were not "happy days".

I would think that the trade for Bledsoe was a "happy day" for many. I was never a huge Bledsoe fan, before he was a Bill, in that I didn't think he was bad, just that I never dreaded the Bills playing against him. Still, though, it was a very bold, definitive move to, finally, resolve the Bills QB problem. It made a ton of sense at the time.

Your nuts! Just saying...as bad as Doahoe was, things have been much worse since he was fired. I would be willing to bet, if there was a way to prove such things, this franchise wouldn't be in near the shambles it is right now, if Donahoe was still here.

Honestly, I think the list is faulty. The Mularkey resignation was a clear indication of how fugged up this franchise was. It was hardly a happy day...just an embarassing day.

I would put Marv Levy's resignation (as GM) 2nd on this list, right behind Jaurons' firing. The Gregg Williams firing is up there too. But, at least, for me, the firing of Wade Phillips and the resignation of Mularkey were not "happy days".

I would think that the trade for Bledsoe was a "happy day" for many. I was never a huge Bledsoe fan, before he was a Bill, in that I didn't think he was bad, just that I never dreaded the Bills playing against him. Still, though, it was a very bold, definitive move to, finally, resolve the Bills QB problem. It made a ton of sense at the time.

I'm not talking about any individual's reaction; I'm talking about the general reaction minus some dissidents. With Donohoe, it was Simon and others, and with Wade, it was you and Dawwg (and others).

PS - I forgot to add John Butler's firing to that list.

My happiest "recent" memory... 33-0 against the patriots...

I've been pretty non-commital for a long time... this team is like a teenage boy at a sorority party - too eager & desperate.

Step 1 of the rebuilding process is to evaluate TE. See what you can do to utilize his strengths - whatever they are and go from there.

The turnstiles need to stop turning. I'm not a huge Edwards guy, but he's the best on the roster right now - and there isn't anyone else worth signing now... It's ok to fail in the short term, contrary to opinions/beliefs, this team sucks. Rome wasn't built in a day - and even something as simple (comparatively) as an NFL team isn't either.

Not many QB's come into the league as HOF players... Stop expecting that to happen here. It takes a season or two of perserverance to develop a QB. We've been so busy looking for the next Jim Kelly and thinking he's just a draft pick away... The Brady's of the world are flukes - and shouldn't be expected.

I absolutely hope we don't go after someone who's been a bust elsewhere but was "projected" as a stud. I also hope we don't go after Vick... but I'm sort of afraid that's going to happen.

What move would surprise me the most? Hiring a stud coach and giving him the reins... like Cowher... I'm positive it will take time, but with the right coach/front office... they'll get this thing turned around.

1. The firing of Wade Phillips.

2. The firing of Gregg Williams.

3. The firing of Tom Donohoe.

4. The resignation of Mike Mularkey.

5. The firing of Dick Jauron.

These have been the happiest days here. The others -- the hirings of Mularkey/Willams/Marv/Jauron/Donohoe, the trade for Bledsoe, the signing of TO, and the various draft picks -- don't compare when it comes to outright happiness and enthusiasm here.

Im sorry the hiring of Jauron was not a happy day for me. Also as much i was displeased with MM and the Qb carousels I was willing to give him another year.

But of the 5 you listed above Todays Firing is the happiset this team has made me before the hiring of him. Now I can Billieve our team will start going in the right direction.

Bills fans seem to love addition by subtraction.

For the last decade there has been litte else to cheer. The sad reality is that the team is a disaster right now and it is hard to see any pieces to build upon. My guess is that there may be no more than 10-15 players that make it from the current roster to the next (hard to say for sure as you have to know what schemes are brought in and what the philosophy is).