Okung, Clausen, and Suh Are Still On The Board

H2o

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we pay an unproven rookie the kind of money that probowl peters wanted I will poop myself. It would be just like our front office to do something so idiotic. Why pay a budding young star who has made 2 probowls that kind of money? Let's give it to a rookie who has never played a game in the NFL.

If we are lucky maybe we can get another "Mike Williams"!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

This is a specious argument. It doesn't matter who we draft this high, whether he's on O lineman, D lineman, LB, CB or QB, we will be forced to pay an "unproven rookie" at a probowl caliburs pay grade.

I think Top 5-10 for Clausen is WAY too high, but he'll probably go in there because he's a QB and there are plenty of desperate Teams out there...These 2010 QB possibilities leave a lot to be desired if you ask me...I'm not sure any of these Players will be much better than Trent Edwards...Tebow is a great leader but that wind-up is brutal...Watching Him Pass is painful at times...I think Tebow will be the best value IF, and this is a HUGE if...But IF he goes to a Team with an Offensive Coordinator who is a genius, probably a West-Coast Offensive genius, who can build an Offense around Tebow's strengths...Well...it's a lot to ask, but I think Tebow has a chance in a few years if all that happens...Outside of Tebow I think McCoy would be a safe pick in the 2nd Round or later...But he does not excite me much either...Bradford may be a bargain because of this injuries but one fall on that shoulder and who knows...None of these QB's excite me much to be honest...

The Bills need a QB, but they also need just about everything else...They need to start with the best Player they can get wherever they Draft and go from there...Sounds too simple, but it is what it is...Outside of a few Positions I would imagine anything would be on the table with a definite lean towards the O and D Lines...;)

If we pay an unproven rookie the kind of money that probowl peters wanted I will poop myself. It would be just like our front office to do something so idiotic. Why pay a budding young star who has made 2 probowls that kind of money? Let's give it to a rookie who has never played a game in the NFL.

If we are lucky maybe we can get another "Mike Williams"!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

You call him a 'budding star' - I call him a washed-up POS...

Nov 16 LT Jason Peters didn't play Sunday because he still had some swelling in his sprained ankle. "He didn't feel comfortable in the pregame workout with it," coach Andy Reid said. "He didn't feel that he could go."

Nov 15 Peters (ankle) is inactive for Sunday's game against San Diego.

Recommendation: As a result, guard Todd Herremans will slide over and start at left tackle. Meanwhile, Nick Cole will start at left guard, and Stacy Andrews will start at right guard.

link

Best $60M Russ Brandon ever saved.

My understanding (which is admittedly pretty limited) is that Bradford is the best prospect.

That depends on which team he would play for.

His arm strength is somewhat questionable, so I'm not quite sure he would be an ideal fit for Buffalo, as Sanchez is for New York when their winds are howling.

I'd give strong consideration to Cody from Alabama - he's a game changer in the middle of the D-line. The next few rounds would have to go OL. If I were a new coach, I'd look for a FA QB to compete with Fitzy, rely on a running game.

The big question with Bradford is going to be how he recovers from the shoulder surgery. That's a big question mark, plus he's coming out as a junior - but he'd be hard to pass up if he's healthy. He's big and tough, his dad's a football coach (like Graham Harrell's) which I really like, it gets freezing cold and wicked windy in Oklahoma City - so we know he can play in weather, plus I don't see any red flags or Dakota Fanning fixations with the kid, and he seems pretty likable...

Sam Bradford Goes Airborne

Been a long long time since we've had a QB that looks like this kid - since about 1996, I think. Wonder if we can grab him along with..

Mike Leach

(before Leach heads to Louisville)

This is a specious argument. It doesn't matter who we draft this high, whether he's on O lineman, D lineman, LB, CB or QB, we will be forced to pay an "unproven rookie" at a probowl caliburs pay grade.

No doubt. MY issue with it is that I would rather see the Bills do that at ANY other position not including DB.

To me it is the final straw and a complete 100% admission that they screwed up handling Peters. It's just seems dumb as hell! If you don't want to invest elite money into a proven elite LT fine...but don't turn around a year later and pay elite LT money to a guy who has proven ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

This is why we are constantly spinning our wheels and we can't improve our talent level and our record any given year.

You call him a 'budding star' - I call him a washed-up POS...

Nov 16 LT Jason Peters didn't play Sunday because he still had some swelling in his sprained ankle. "He didn't feel comfortable in the pregame workout with it," coach Andy Reid said. "He didn't feel that he could go."

Nov 15 Peters (ankle) is inactive for Sunday's game against San Diego.

Recommendation: As a result, guard Todd Herremans will slide over and start at left tackle. Meanwhile, Nick Cole will start at left guard, and Stacy Andrews will start at right guard.

link

Best $60M Russ Brandon ever saved.

So your saying an NFL player got hurt? UNHEARD OF!!!! SHOCKING!!!!! Other than that I don't get your point at all. Let's get rid of every player who sprains an ankle, or breaks an arm every year, or gets a concussion, or cracks ribs and can't go?

Great logic there.

Who would you take? It's all imaginary of course, but we could be looking at a top 3 draft pick and this could be a distinct possibility(if Clausen even enters the draft this coming year). Do you take the best LT, QB, or DT in the draft? All of them could make an immediate impact IMO, but who is "the guy"? Okung could be the wall we need protecting our QB's blindside for years to come. Clausen could be the franchise QB we haven't had in almost 15 years. Suh could be a monster in the middle, the disruptive force that starts to help us actually plug the gaps up front as well as provide a pass rush from the center of the line. Now, more than ever, the Bills can't afford to miss on this draft pick. We need to draft a guy who will be a cornerstone for this organization, whether it be on offense or defense. Me personally? Wow, what a spot that would be. How do you justify the guys you don't take? OL stinks, but you pass on Okung? QB play has been horrendous around here for years, but you pass on Clausen? Our DL gets shredded every week by opposing RB's, but you pass on Suh? I'm an ND homer through and through, but this would be a tough selection because I love what the other two guys bring to the table. I say get our franchise QB and build around him usually, but I think I just might take Suh. What would you guys do?

Take Suh, we have not stopped the run in a decade. We need to get better upfront before we ruin another young QB.

So your saying an NFL player got hurt? UNHEARD OF!!!! SHOCKING!!!!! Other than that I don't get your point at all. Let's get rid of every player who sprains an ankle, or breaks an arm every year, or gets a concussion, or cracks ribs and can't go?

Great logic there.

That's 3 years in-a-row that FatBoy 'didn't feel he could go' when his team sure coulda used the lazy POS. Will this guy EVER feel like playing a full season or giving his best effort again, now that he's got the big fat contract he dreamed of? I think not. I'm just glad it's the Eagles that are stuck with the bum and his $60M+ contract, not the Bills.

Trading Peters was a GREAT move - not drafting Michael Oher when we had the chance was the stupid part.