I like what Owens did yesterday.........

marauderswr80

Hah. No doubt. I'm still stunned that they yanked Edwards -- in the last 3.5 years, I've seen QBs (including him) play a lot worse than that and stay on the field.

Personally I was glad to see him yanked (not that Fitzpatrick is any better). To all those who thought he would be the savior for the team, I never felt that way. And don't blame it all on his concussions. And don't blame it all on coaching. That was the same argument for JP. Trent has a noodle arm, can't throw deep accurately. He's no better than Rob Johnson or JP Losman. And please don't tell me he hasn't played as many games. That argument doesn't hold water anymore. He had some time to throw Sunday but he held on to the ball too long. He overthrew, he under threw.

Yeah, that was just...odd. Particularly when they did it: after an interception caused in part by half-assed play-calling of the same pass three times in a row. And they did it because Fitz was "the best chance to win"? :(

You're reading too much into this. It was the white flag. We were down by 17 with 3:00 to go. We were toast. I've seen QBs pulled in this situation before including Peyton Manning, Matt Hasselback, Roger Staubach, and many others.

You're reading too much into this. It was the white flag. We were down by 17 with 3:00 to go. We were toast. I've seen QBs pulled in this situation before including Peyton Manning, Matt Hasselback, Roger Staubach, and many others.

When was Payton Manning pulled?

Not by Jauron. Remember 56-10? Losman started and finished that game. I'm not saying it's a definite sign that something is brewing, just found it interesting because it goes against Jauron's M.O.

Not by Jauron. Remember 56-10? Losman started and finished that game. I'm not saying it's a definite sign that something is brewing, just found it interesting because it goes against Jauron's M.O.

Yes the decision to put Fitz in was very interesting but I think quite pointless. At this time of the season, with the talent (and I use the word VERY loosely) we have on the coaching staff and on the OL, what can possibly brew ?

The only thing we can do now is to use the remaining games to:

- re-shuffle the OL: Levitre at LT, Wood at C and put the others wherever you want as they aren't doing a stellar job anyway.

- bench TO and play Johnson. Is Hardy healthy yet ? I see he was out again this last Sunday

- Continue to play Trent and complete the evaluation

Yes the decision to put Fitz in was very interesting but I think quite pointless. At this time of the season, with the talent (and I use the word VERY loosely) we have on the coaching staff and on the OL, what can possibly brew ?

The only thing we can do now is to use the remaining games to:

- re-shuffle the OL: Levitre at LT, Wood at C and put the others wherever you want as they aren't doing a stellar job anyway.

- bench TO and play Johnson. Is Hardy healthy yet ? I see he was out again this last Sunday

- Continue to play Trent and complete the evaluation

Think my point echoes something Sully wrote toward the end of yesterday's column: "Jauron is coaching for his job. He doesn't have many more people to blame for this wreck of a season." He can still swap QBs, though, even if it's a deck-chairs-on-the-Titanic move. Pitoniak agrees with you; Fitzpatrick isn't the answer, so they may as well keep Edwards in the lineup. As for me? Yeah, probably the right idea ... but at this point, I'm not sure I care who they put back there.

Think my point echoes something Sully wrote toward the end of yesterday's column: "Jauron is coaching for his job. He doesn't have many more people to blame for this wreck of a season." He can still swap QBs, though, even if it's a deck-chairs-on-the-Titanic move. Pitoniak agrees with you; Fitzpatrick isn't the answer, so they may as well keep Edwards in the lineup. As for me? Yeah, probably the right idea ... but at this point, I'm not sure I care who they put back there.

I am with you on the QB situation, at this point I do not care who starts. They can take turns for all that matters. Heck let Hamdan give it a go.

I am with you on the QB situation, at this point I do not care who starts. They can take turns for all that matters. Heck let Hamdan give it a go.

Third.

And lets stop with the nonsense that Trent should/must start.

The only thing Trent is better at than Fitzpatrick is giving me a headache.

Ryan sucks, but at least he looks like he's trying to win.