Another week.....

Thoner7

Sorry to beat this dead horse, but I feel this pick is just a microcosm of what is wrong with the Bills.

Orakpo had another 1.5 sacks today (thats 1.5 more than the entire Bills roster today) meanwhile Maybin has done nothing but disappoint. The number of guys out performing him is just astounding. Orakpo, English, Barwin, Brown, Johnson, they are all playing more and actually rushing the passer on better teams with better defenses and showing NFL level strength and athletism. I know this is just 10+ years or frustration but come on - who actually thought Maybin was any good in college let alone the NFL. Such a disgrace. As if it needs to be said again, but we really need to clean house.

Instead of putting Scott at LB why not put Maybin there???

They make Byrd a FS.....check

They make Wood a Guard...check

They make Levetre a Guard...check

They make Maybin sit the bench at a position where he cant help the team....FAIL

What about Nick Harris? Why isn't he playing at OLB? Isn't he a lot bigger than Bryan Scott? I think he is the only guy we have on defense who might have the athleticsm to control Vince Young. Why did we draft him if we had no intention of playing him? As for Maybin, he is by far the smallest D lineman in the league. It is an absolute joke that we drafted him with the 11th pick in the draft. Seriously, has he made a play this year?

But he hasn't shown anything positive whatsoever. That's not a good sign.

Agreed. Usually players who will amount to something show flashes of brilliance but not consistency. He is unable to even get on the field, and when he does, he is invisible.

The big question is why do the Bills, with so many glaring needs, draft a situational player?

What about Nick Harris? Why isn't he playing at OLB? Isn't he a lot bigger than Bryan Scott? I think he is the only guy we have on defense who might have the athleticsm to control Vince Young. Why did we draft him if we had no intention of playing him? As for Maybin, he is by far the smallest D lineman in the league. It is an absolute joke that we drafted him with the 11th pick in the draft. Seriously, has he made a play this year?

Nick Harris could have used the playing time .....Scott had a good game but why not give the kid a chance to learn on the fly like Byrd?

The season is lost...convert Maybin to LB and see what he can do for Gods Sake.

Or go to a 3-4 D Maybin Harris Poz and Mitchell next year.

Try something new because what we have now is NOT working.

Sorry to beat this dead horse, but I feel this pick is just a microcosm of what is wrong with the Bills.

Orakpo had another 1.5 sacks today (thats 1.5 more than the entire Bills roster today) meanwhile Maybin has done nothing but disappoint. The number of guys out performing him is just astounding. Orakpo, English, Barwin, Brown, Johnson, they are all playing more and actually rushing the passer on better teams with better defenses and showing NFL level strength and athletism. I know this is just 10+ years or frustration but come on - who actually thought Maybin was any good in college let alone the NFL. Such a disgrace. As if it needs to be said again, but we really need to clean house.

I figured that we would be getting a post about this today. Posting this stat is a good thing even if it hurts because it has too be seen.

Nick Harris could have used the playing time .....Scott had a good game but why not give the kid a chance to learn on the fly like Byrd?

The season is lost...convert Maybin to LB and see what he can do for Gods Sake.

Or go to a 3-4 D Maybin Harris Poz and Mitchell next year.

Try something new because what we have now is NOT working.

Fear not, my guess is when the new regime takes over after the season they are going to convert Maybin to LB. He is too small to play end. I think he has a chance to be a pretty good lb though. Only 7 more games of putting up with Dickie Von No Balls & his merry band of morons. The season could not end fast enough.

Agreed. Usually players who will amount to something show flashes of brilliance but not consistency. He is unable to even get on the field, and when he does, he is invisible.

The big question is why do the Bills, with so many glaring needs, draft a situational player?

He's not really invisible, you just have to know where to look.

On pass plays he's 7 yards behind the quarterback.

On run plays he's flat on his back 4 yards down field.

Actually, Schobel plays at a lighter weight than Maybin. Maybin 250lb, Schobel 240-245lb :(

Ugh.

I was one of those out there that thought Orakpo was Gholston 2.0, but clearly I was wrong.

I think Maybin is completely undersized at DE. At the same time, Jauron gives most of the snaps to Kelsay. And if it isn't 3rd down and Kelsay needs a breather, you'll see Denney in there.

For a team that generally relies on rookies to step in and take on starting roles, Jauron has always been tentative about giving rookies time over some of his favorite veterans.

...which gives them the opportunity to make more plays and out-perform Maybin "astoundingly."

Seems to me we can blame the Aaron Maybin "bust" completely, 100%, on Perry Fool, for refusing to play him more then Ryan freakin' Denny, who has not gotten within 5 yards of a sack, or a tackle near the line of scrimmage this season.

I would like to congratulate Chris Kelsay on his best season, this guy seems to finally have found his place, and although he still doesn't get to the QB, he has been all over the field making tackles and disrupting play. He has easily outplayed Schoebel this season, although I wonder if Schoebel hasn't hit his age wall, and lost a step or two, if indeed he has been completely healthy. So I'm not even saying Maybin should have started this season. But there is no reason on earth why he has not been the first DE into the game, every game, from game one. :(

Maybin played a ton yesterday - I made it a point to take notice. I would estimate 35-40% of the snaps. Now whats your excuse? The guy has not made one single play the entire season - not a sack, not a nice tackles, not a QB pressure, not a bull rush, he hasnt even had a quick first step.

We are talking actual weight, not what they are listed at.

Schobel said he's played seasons under at or a little under 240lbs. Difference is that he's farmboy strong vesus Maybin who's not there yet or may never be.