Colts - Pats** GDT

bills44

BB coaches to win and he figured his passing offense was the ticket to that win. Can't say I blame him for the Pats passing offense dominated the Colts all game. I'm sure he figured it would continue. And it probably did save for a crappy spot on that 4th down play.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if anybody has dvr, replay the postgame handshake again. Belicheck's skinhead bodyguard/assistant coach took out a cameraman with a crosscheck about 5 seconds after the handshake. Unreal. And unfazed he pushes another cameraman otta the way a few seconds later. Wonder if you can get fined for that?

I saw that

Gah, if you think the heat on the coach would be remotely comparable with a punt&loss then I don't know what to tell you.

Heat is overrated. The only coaches that are concerned with heat are the inept ones that are going to be fired anyway.

And in this case its meaningless. Bellichick basically told the entire league that his defense isn't good enough. That's the real story here.

Yeah, if he had ever actually said there was an advantage to defending a short field. Which he didn't. You've now put those words in his mouth twice and are asking him to explain a statement that only you have made?

He may have been thinking that it wasn't that big of a disadvantage to defend a short field either. The Colts would have had more than ample time to gain another 30-40 yards as it was. And a FG was useless to the Colts.

That, to me, is implying that the fact that the Pats* would be defending a field that would be at least 30-40 yards shorter had they not converted the 4th down is not much of a deal. I guess I'm missing something.

if anybody has dvr, replay the postgame handshake again. Belicheck's skinhead bodyguard/assistant coach took out a cameraman with a crosscheck about 5 seconds after the handshake. Unreal. And unfazed he pushes another cameraman otta the way a few seconds later. Wonder if you can get fined for that?

Rewound that twice. Just amazing. I'm sure he'll get a promotion before he gets fined.

Yeah Bellichick is a supposed genius, but this may be the worst call in the history of football. Goinng for a first down on your own 28 with the lead on the road, 4th down, well its moronic. How much time did the colt score with? Imagine if they had to go 70 yards instead of 29. This was the most arrogant call Ive EVER seen. Bellicheat lost this game, not his team. The one break the Colt needed, Bill served up on a silver platter.

Heat is overrated. The only coaches that are concerned with heat are the inept ones that are going to be fired anyway.

And in this case its meaningless. Bellichick basically told the entire league that his defense isn't good enough. That's the real story here.

Oh it's more than the inept ones. How many coaches do you think have firm job security? You can count them on one hand when Shannahan, Gruden, and Fisher are among those that don't.

Oh it's more than the inept ones. How many coaches do you think have firm job security? You can count them on one hand when Shannahan, Gruden, and Fisher are among those that don't.

More than half of the coaches in the league are safe this season.

Do you really believe that Bellichick said to himself when making his decision, "well so-and-so was in a similar situation as this and he didn't go for it, and ESPN made fun of him for a week"?

Of course not. He probably made his decision based up what he thought Brady could do. Unfortunately he didn't consider that the Colts D could also make a play there. And he lost faith in his own defense to make a stop, like the Colts managed to do.

As I said earlier in this thread, go back and re-watch the whole thing. You will see the NE guy did not throw the guy down as some of you drama queens insist. The cameraman got tripped up on his cable which his assistant was running behind him trying to keep from getting tangled up on. Bilecheck provided enough material to talk about tonight without the need for crap to be made up.

More than half of the coaches in the league are safe this season.

Do you really believe that Bellichick said to himself when making his decision, "well so-and-so was in a similar situation as this and he didn't go for it, and ESPN made fun of him for a week"?

Of course not. He probably made his decision based up what he thought Brady could do. Unfortunately he didn't consider that the Colts D could also make a play there. And he lost faith in his own defense to make a stop, like the Colts managed to do.

What? No coach ever gets killed for punting there - that's my point. You heard crickets on espn when Jauron punted vs. NO. Bellichick is obv. at the top of the job security list. He's one of the few guys who doesn't care what espn says. Whether that's because of his job security or because he has balls, I don't know. Maybe both.

As I mentioned after the Bills-Saints game, Marvin Lewis responded to a math analysis with: "Ask the math geek if his mortgage is on the line". That pretty much tells you all you need to know with how most of these coaches think. So yah, I do think coaches decrease their chances of winning in favor of avoiding heat if that's what you're asking. I applaud Bellicheat for not being one of them.

That, to me, is implying that the fact that the Pats* would be defending a field that would be at least 30-40 yards shorter had they not converted the 4th down is not much of a deal. I guess I'm missing something.

How big a deal are those 30-40 yards anyways? Manning picked up 30 yards on a compressed field in under a minute. How much quicker do you think he'd have done it with more room to work with the Pats keeping at least two safeties safeties high? My guess is that the Colts end up right back at the New England 30 with a minute or more left on the clock.

An opportunity to win the game with one of the most efficient, experienced, well-coached offenses of the last decade having to merely gain two yards is a very valuable opportunity. Was that 30-40 yards so valuable that it was worth giving up that opportunity? I don't think so, but either way it was certainly a much closer decision than you're giving it credit for.

I cannot wait until week 17 to see the Colts 2nd and 3rd string absolutely light up the JV Buffalo Bills!

Let's set the scene:

The Colts will be 15-0, and the question will be whether they should start Peyton et. al.. Citing the 2007-08 Patriots, they will say that being healthy and prepared for the playoffs and SB means more than going 16-0, and they'll put out the backups. The backups will roll the Bills and secure the 16-0.

I cannot wait until week 17 to see the Colts 2nd and 3rd string absolutely light up the JV Buffalo Bills!

Let's set the scene:

The Colts will be 15-0, and the question will be whether they should start Peyton et. al.. Citing the 2007-08 Patriots, they will say that being healthy and prepared for the playoffs and SB means more than going 16-0, and they'll put out the backups. The backups will roll the Bills and secure the 16-0.

The Colts will hire Tommy Maddox for QB and he'll just keep throwing the same pass over and over... kinda like the last game 5 years ago.

Let's set the scene:

At least that means the game will be flexed and we can all sleep in.

The bodyguard has his hands on the cameraman before the cameraman "falls down".

Look at your own clip chief. You can clearly see the assistant lunging forward as his camera guy goes down, before BBs meathead makes contact.

Still, a bonehead call by BB. Going at least 70 yards in under 2 minutes was NOT a given for Manning last nite.

BTW, very entertaining thread!

Jauron would kick the FG here...
Way to stick it to the hoodie freak
This is really sad our gameday thread is actually on ANOTHER GAME!!
Most amazing statistic at the end of the day: Bengals 7-2 Patriots 6-3
Lose Patriots lose....the tears of your fanbase sustain me.....
:(:lol: