Colts - Pats** GDT

bills44

I think I like the 4th down call. You have one of the best offenses of the past 30 years. They need two yards to win the game. What are your odds of converting that play? 60%? 70%? I think that's a worthwhile risk to keep Peyton Manning from having a chance to win the game.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you.

Clearly it was the wrong call because it didn't work. Doesn't mean they would have won the game if the punted either.

I think BB knows his team . To call him stupid is just sour grapes because they have the team we all ewant.

Bingo.

I'm not saying I agree, just that I can see the rationale.

They get a better spot and everybody's talking about how big his balls are instead of how small his brain is.

I guess I think it was the wrong call, but not outrageously so.

I don't understand the call, especially in that situation. That said, I'm glad it played out the way it did.

I'm with you.

Clearly it was the wrong call because it didn't work. Doesn't mean they would have won the game if the punted either.

I think BB knows his team . To call him stupid is just sour grapes because they have the team we all ewant.

I don't think he wanted to see Manning on the field again at any yard line and was willing to go to great lengths to avoid it. When you've got an offense that efficient, you've got a lot more options in your decision making provided you have the brass to utilize them. I think that was the case there.

I'm with you.

Bellichick is a great coach, but this was a bad decision and it deserves criticism. He showed no respect for the Colts defense or his own and his team paid for it.

and rookie tackle vollmer is manhandling freeney, I'm pretty sure i would rather have drafted him than levitre

The difference between real scouting and reading reports from scouts.com. :thumbsup:

I don't think Vollmer played in college. He's a German who picked up the game in European leagues. I also think he was a UDFA.

PTR

While I endorse the 4th down call, I think if you're going to go for it on 4th and 2, why not run on 3rd and 2? Run out the clock a bit more, and narrow the conversion.

I think he's so confident in Brady's decision making and accuracy, and the rest of his offense's ability to execute crisply, that to him putting the ball in the air is akin to running it.

That reasoning does not work in this case. He is a great coach and has a good team. But that decision is stupid which is not to comment on any other aspect of his coaching or his team.

It was high risk - high reward.

Haven't there been novels written here about our gutless staff? The guy said go and win the game and they came up a referee's opinion short. Was it unconventional? Sure. But so what. He has a QB that threw for 375 yards and won 3 Super Bowls. He gave him a chance to gain two yards and seal the game.

I don't think Vollmer played in college. He's a German who picked up the game in European leagues. I also think he was a UDFA.

PTR

I also think you're probably trying to snow the wrong guy there. :thumbsup:

It was high risk - high reward.

Haven't there been novels written here about our gutless staff? The guy said go and win the game and they came up a referee's opinion short. Was it unconventional? Sure. But so what. He has a QB that threw for 375 yards and won 3 Super Bowls. He gave him a chance to gain two yards and seal the game.

He also gave an undefeated team playing at home a chance to win the game by making one play.

That call was pure ego. You don't make that decision on your side of the 40, let alone the 30. Pure stupidity on BB part. You have to make Manning go 70-80 yards instead of 30. He deserved that loss.

On the other hand, I took NE +2 and won a nice chunk of change, but I also got to see NE choke and lose. This day couldn't have ended any better.