Poslusny Exposed today

Stussy109

Not sure about this but on the Johnson TD it looked to me like Poz and Scott knocked each other off the ball carrier and either of them would have made the tackle without that. Not sure though. But Johnson just bounced off them and it looked to me like they both got to the same point at the same time. That was the play of the game though.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

props to Bryan Scott

For what?

Getting manhandled at the point of attack ?

For bouncing off the running backs ?

For constantly giving up the outside ?

If your going to give him his due for taking one for the team and playing out of position, then OK. But doesn't half this team play out of their natural position including Poz.

Guest dog14787
Not sure about this but on the Johnson TD it looked to me like Poz and Scott knocked each other off the ball carrier and either of them would have made the tackle without that. Not sure though. But Johnson just bounced off them and it looked to me like they both got to the same point at the same time. That was the play of the game though.

In a nutshell, yes it was...

Poz played his A** off today. Better coaching would put him in better position to make plays. I've been down on Poz all season but today he played hard and wanted to make a difference.

John DiGiorgio played his ass off every game. That's the LEAST any player can do, they don't deserve praise for that. Poz needs to make plays. As I said in another thread he is basically another Donte Whitner without the loud mouth and the huge signing bonus. Just doesn't get it done and has spent a good deal of time on the sidelines nursing injury. Bottom line.

Is it his fault he's not powerful enough to be a thumper, athletic enough to go sideline to sideline or aware/instinctive enough to cover up for these deficiencies? No. But I think he has a whole lot of fanboys here who seem to think that the team loses despite his fine play, and that's not the case. He is a part of the problem. He's just another guy and they burned two premium picks on him.

Poz played his A** off today. Better coaching would put him in better position to make plays. I've been down on Poz all season but today he played hard and wanted to make a difference.

He may have played too hard, trying to make up for Scott.

It's a common theme on this team - players (not all, but some) trying to do far too much and making stupid choices because of it (e.g. Edwards' interception).

True, they knocked each other off. The problem is Poz is a short area player, so in order to make a difference he needs to hit like a ton of bricks. He hits like a sideline-to-sideline backer and runs like a plugger.

How can we focus on Poz when our other two LBs were Draft and Scott? Yea Poz is not great but Draft 100% blows, Scott is a safety, and if Dickie had his way, Ellison wouldnt leave the field. Ellison FYI is the worst starting LB in the NFL. Our D line is not much better and all of our DBs took terrible angles too. TO sucks on offense and we have the worst O line in the league. We have the worst coach IN NFL HISTORY. THAT IS A STATISTICAL FACT (for HCs with at least 100 games). F*ck my life

F*uck your life? May I suggest you find another hobby outside of Bills football, you are over stressed. Besides, next season the Bills will have a different DC who will most likely not run this idiotic "gap" defense. Watch for Fewell's comments this coming week, he will once again blame his players for not being in their proper gaps. the problem is, they haven't been able to figure out what ther proper gaps are since he started coaching this scheme over 3 and half years ago, now.

He looked like a 400lb pig out there chasing down Chris Johnson. In addition he repeatedly took bad angles to end up 5 yards behind the play chasing it down. How about when he blitzed and got through the line, he was so shocked, he decided to play pass defense instead of going for a sack, ended up giving up a 12 yard run to vince young.

This whole team is a joke.

props to Bryan Scott

Another bad Marv Levy draft pick. Whats new?

He looked like a 400lb pig out there chasing down Chris Johnson. In addition he repeatedly took bad angles to end up 5 yards behind the play chasing it down. How about when he blitzed and got through the line, he was so shocked, he decided to play pass defense instead of going for a sack, ended up giving up a 12 yard run to vince young.

This whole team is a joke.

props to Bryan Scott

Props to Scott?? And you are going to bash Poz? Poz was out there playing LB by himself

But after the draft Marv Levy said publicly that he had Poz rated higher than Patrick Willis. In Marv we trust. :oops:

Yeah, right after the draft there was a story that the Bills were yucking it up in the warroom because the Niners thought the Bills HAD to covet Willis so they made a move to get in front of them to draft him. The Bills were amused because they didn't have Willis rated as high as Poz. They then were able to get Marshawn Lynch with that pick and still were able to trade back up to get Poz! Think any team would trade a Patrick Willis for a Marshawn AND a Poz now? Hell to the no.

The Bills drafting has not been terrible the last decade, they have actually been kind of average. What they aren't getting are difference makers. Since they haven't had many the past decade, and since they let a few of them walk in FA, that really makes using early picks on JAGs really hurt.

Props to Scott?? And you are going to bash Poz? Poz was out there playing LB by himself

Don't kid yourself, Poz is just not the special player he was supposed to be. Obviously he'd play better with some better talent around him and some better coaching. Graded on that curve he is still just another guy because right now, he is bad.

Scott made a weak play but you can't give Paul Posluszny grief on that series. He sold out just to get penetration and make it to the spot; you can't expect him to be under enough control to break down and wrap up as well. He laid a nice pop on him to knock him back but where the hell are the other 10 guys?

Busting on the only guy who actually got across the LOS is crazy, imo.

what good does getting across the LOS do when you don't finish the play? none.

Yeah, right after the draft there was a story that the Bills were yucking it up in the warroom because the Niners thought the Bills HAD to covet Willis so they made a move to get in front of them to draft him. The Bills were amused because they didn't have Willis rated as high as Poz. They then were able to get Marshawn Lynch with that pick and still were able to trade back up to get Poz! Think any team would trade a Patrick Willis for a Marshawn AND a Poz now? Hell to the no.

The Bills drafting has not been terrible the last decade, they have actually been kind of average. What they aren't getting are difference makers. Since they haven't had many the past decade, and since they let a few of them walk in FA, that really makes using early picks on JAGs really hurt.

Good story. Too bad you just made it up. The Niners always had the pick in front of us. They picked the guy they wanted in the spot they had.

He did make a play. He got penetration (for the 2nd time in 3 plays) and popped the ballcarrier.

There's no way he can gather himself and wrap a guy up when he's attacked a gap that hard just to get there. The rest of the troops need to take advantage of him stuffing the play and get in on the tackle.

That's not making a play. Making a play would have been making the tackle. That's the problem with a lot of players these days, always looking to pop the guy, but not wrap-up. His job is not to pop guys, it's to tackle guys.