Whitner calls out offense...

Big Turk

About time...defensive players kept tiptoeing around the issue all season, but Whitner sounds like he is sick of putting the offense in position to win games for 3 quarters and them puking all over the field...

Basically said the offense needs to start converting these 3rd downs, they need to stop throwing 1,2 and 3 yard passes and need to start throwing more 5, 10 and 15 yard passes and that regardless of how well the defense is playing if they are left on the field for 65 to 70% of the game, no defense will hold up...

Can't wait to see how Jauron spins this one...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Glad someone said something. Whitner is good at getting the team riled up, i'll give him that much.

I think the offense already knows its struggling and like Whitner's words are going to magically make things better just like they got us to the playoffs last year.

The only thing this team has going for it is hanging together, now's not the time to split down the middle, its just a good excuse for the defense to quit doing what their doing if the offense continues to struggle.

How about Donte just shutting his trap and stop whining and crying all the time and start helping the team win like his counterpart, Jairus Byrd.

I think the offense already knows its struggling and like Whitner's words are going to magically make things better just like they got us to the playoffs last year.

The only thing this team has going for it is hanging together, now's not the time to split down the middle, its just a good excuse for the defense to quit doing what their doing if the offense continues to struggle.

How about Donte just shutting his trap and stop whining and crying all the time and start helping the team win like his counterpart, Jairus Byrd.

Yes Donte calling them out is a little much at this point.

Probably be more effective from Stroud but he keeps his mouth shut and does his job. Week in week out. Very happy we decided to pay that guy, one good decision in a sea of bad ones.

Guest dog14787
Yes Donte calling them out is a little much at this point.

Probably be more effective from Stroud but he keeps his mouth shut and does his job. Week in week out. Very happy we decided to pay that guy, one good decision in a sea of bad ones.

I imagine when Stroud speaks, folks listen and the message probably would be more appropriate coming from Stroud.

Well all I have to say is when your the last team in the league against the run you are not holding up your end of the field either...... :lol:

Line implies more than one guy. I think you will see very few runners headed into Stroud, and igf they do, that is the play they get stopped.

Line implies more than one guy. I think you will see very few runners headed into Stroud, and igf they do, that is the play they get stopped.

I'm just saying if the defense was in the top 10 in the league then they have a point.

Stroud is playing well but one man does not make up a whole Defense.

I feel until they get better against the run, everybody on D including Whitner should just shut the F... up and play.

I'm just saying if the defense was in the top 10 in the league then they have a point.

Stroud is playing well but one man does not make up a whole Defense.

I feel until they get better against the run, everybody on D including Whitner should just shut the F... up and play.

Agreed. The only guy that CAN legitimately speak, does not. Lil' Donte should shut his mouth now and forever.

A lot of this depends on how team leaders react and what tone DJ has set if he really has built a TEAM or just has a team.

If there are recognized O leaders and they set the tone that the Whitner analysis (though misplaced somewhat in has never broken through to be recognized as more than a player with potential) is simply true.

If the O leaders among the players (and I am not even sure who they are) set a tone of taking on this challenge (whether it be sloughing it off as that is just Donte but it is true or simply saying the words are true) then the O can internalize this challenge and be better.

If however, in the absence of O leadership the prevailing reaction is one of defensiveness or anger at or calling out Whitner as a failed player then the Whitner rant will only divide the team further.

One of the Bills mistakes IMHO is that they seemed to make choice to get rid of team leaders like Fletcher for being to old to play (an incorrect assessment it looks like). This left the team without the little vet leadership it had. The Bills seemed to have a theory than coached could fill that role, To some extent thet can, but the mediocre record of Jauron does not demand respect and I doubt there is much they can effectively do.