nelson and migraines

zazie

Bills just can't buy a break. A guy who is not injured, is effectively injured fr 3 weeks.

Not blaming him I know migraines are a real malady, but, geez, we must be the only team losing player games to that, huh?

Good news though - DJ is not to blame!

Bills just can't buy a break. A guy who is not injured, is effectively injured fr 3 weeks.

Not blaming him I know migraines are a real malady, but, geez, we must be the only team losing player games to that, huh?

Don't be too sure about that. If I had to listen to DJ day-in and day-out instead of just listening to his press conferences, I would probably suffer migraines, too.

I wonder if what he's experiencing is really Cluster Headaches.

I've had classic migraines (not so much as I get older) and I get cluster headaches as well. They are related (vascular origin), but intense pain and regular recurrence, then they go away for a while--that more accurately describes cluster headaches.

I can attest to the fact that the pain is truly intense. I had a bout with them this year that lasted about 6 weeks. No matter how strong you think you are, there will be times when you find yourself on the bathroom floor, writhing around begging for relief.

I'm sure Nelson's pain has legitimately prevented him from playing, but I think that the Bills players in general take a lot of liberties with regard to injuries because they can. When Parcells and Sparano took over Miami they demanded accountability and drew a line with regard to tolerance of injuries and in doing so turned the team around and the careers of a lot of not fully motivated players. Like Joey Porter, who appeared to be a washout at that point and is now again considered a star player. New, legitimate management with the same approach could do wonders for a lot of these dragasses.

They're concussion related migraines, 99% sure. Otherwise he would have been cleared to play already. The protocol with a concussion/ post-concussion syndrome is that you're supposed to go symptom free for 7 days. Say on Monday and Tuesday you wake up with no migraine, but Wednesday you do? Back to square one.

They're concussion related migraines, 99% sure. Otherwise he would have been cleared to play already. The protocol with a concussion/ post-concussion syndrome is that you're supposed to go symptom free for 7 days. Say on Monday and Tuesday you wake up with no migraine, but Wednesday you do? Back to square one.

Yup. Even worse, he's predisposed to them with a family history. My wife has vascular related migraines, she essentially has a seizure each time one shows up. Pretty amazing to watch. No way she's capable of doing anything except hold down the ground.

I've had classic migraines (not so much as I get older) and I get cluster headaches as well. They are related (vascular origin), but intense pain and regular recurrence, then they go away for a while--that more accurately describes cluster headaches.

I can attest to the fact that the pain is truly intense. I had a bout with them this year that lasted about 6 weeks. No matter how strong you think you are, there will be times when you find yourself on the bathroom floor, writhing around begging for relief.

You and me both!

About 10 years ago I felt a huge migraine coming on. I was physically and emotionally exhausted from them. So, I took six (6) aspirin. If I died, I didn't care. I just couldn't take the pain any longer. I put two (2) under my tongue, two (2) on top of my tongue and one (1) on each side of my mouth between the cheek and gum. It tasted disgusting but it really put a big dent in the pain that the migraine brought. Shocking your system with six (6) quickly dissolving aspirin works!

You and me both!

About 10 years ago I felt a huge migraine coming on. I was physically and emotionally exhausted from them. So, I took six (6) aspirin. If I died, I didn't care. I just couldn't take the pain any longer. I put two (2) under my tongue, two (2) on top of my tongue and one (1) on each side of my mouth between the cheek and gum. It tasted disgusting but it really put a big dent in the pain that the migraine brought. Shocking your system with six (6) quickly dissolving aspirin works!

your also shocking your liver.lol

I have cluster headaches as well. Try hallucinogenic shrooms it worked for me. clusterbusters.com