Someone needs to show this to Maybin

Thoner7

Ill admit Maybin is athletic, but he does not play physical enough. Here is a short clip that Maybin needs to see of just a simple bull rush with force. It takes athletic ability and power to be successful. I know its an Orakpo vid but I dont want this to come off like a "we should have taken Orakpo" thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AglSpWWkGbE...feature=related

I wonder if the Bills coaches are addressing this obvious weakness in Maybins game. My guess is no.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill admit Maybin is athletic, but he does not play physical enough. Here is a short clip that Maybin needs to see of just a simple bull rush with force. It takes athletic ability and power to be successful. I know its an Orakpo vid but I dont want this to come off like a "we should have taken Orakpo" thread.

I wonder if the Bills coaches are addressing this obvious weakness in Maybins game. My guess is no.

I thought your video was going to show Orakpo making a play.. Maybin desperately needs to get stronger this offseason and add more "natural" strength - not packing on 30 pounds of muscle just to look good at an NFL combine. The reason why Schobel can play at 243 pounds and make a decent amount of plays, is that he is "country" strong, natural strength. Maybin looks as though he plays with no power...

Orakpo is a physical freak of nature. He benches around 550lb and squats 400lb+. That explains his ability to bullrush. Maybin surely doesn't have strength like that.

Orakpo is a physical freak of nature. He benches around 550lb and squats 400lb+. That explains his ability to bullrush. Maybin surely doesn't have strength like that.

"physical freak of nature".

Pssh.

More like physical user of dianabol, HGH, etc.

I know that I am just a fan and all but even I knew not to draft Maybin.

The guy was a backup LAST YEAR and then falls into the starter roll after Maurice Evans gets suspended.

Of his 12 sacks, 5 came from games against Coastal Carolina, Syracuse, and Temple. Not a whole lot of NFL level talen there. Come to think of it, you can probably say the same about his Big 10 schedule.

You do understand that MAYBIN isnt consider the Traditonal First Round Pick for a DE he is a Project First Round pick that needs a Min 1 year to possibly two years of grooming. IF ( And i mean big if with this coaching staff) hes groomed properly hes is projected to be a future probowler year in and out.

This is just another failure of the Bills scouting dept.

We like small, quick guys instead of strong bigger players

The Rack would have helped us this season, Maybin just sits the sidelines , Guy and Modrak missed the boat....AGAIN.

Soooo many idiots.

Maybin is a project pick that has limited playing experience and came out of School early to boot. Please do not expect miracles in year one or compare him to more traditional draft picks.

After year 3 we should be able to make an accurate judgement on him.

If you want to criticize something, make it the front office for selecting him instead of a more serious need.

Maybin is a project pick that has limited playing experience and came out of School early to boot. Please do not expect miracles in year one or compare him to more traditional draft picks.

After year 3 we should be able to make an accurate judgement on him.

If you want to criticize something, make it the front office for selecting him instead of a more serious need.

Exactly, he spent only one year as a starter at Penn State and hasn't played that much this year. So the guy is very raw and we will need a few years to evaluate. Personally I would have liked Orakpo or trade down for Oher. If Russ would have known there would be a movie involved, Mister Marketing would have been all over Oher...

Blame the front office and coaching staff for drafting a guy that barely makes the field. Orakpo is listed as the starting Strong Side Linebacker. Maybin is the 4th DE right now. It's pretty dumb comparing stats where the number of snaps each player gets is very lopsided.