London Fletcher

judman

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London Fletcher is ranked second in the league in tackles right now. What happened to him? Free agency, trade, cut, injured? I guess I never knew how he left.

How many of those tackles are 10 yards down field?

If it's like Buffalo, it's probably most of them. Of course, if it's like Buffalo he'll make the tackles down field because first he handles his play responsibility and then runs down the ball because someone else !@#$ed up theirs. Then the Redskins fans will point fingers at London and say he's not very good because he makes a lot of plays 5 or more yards past the line of scrimmage.

You know, if it's like Buffalo.

People can make up whatever arguments they want and spin the stats anyway they want, but if you watch him play it's obvious that London Fletcher is a good football player. Anyone who doesn't see that doesn't know football. He's not Ray Lewis, but he's better than any of the linebackers on the Bills right now, including Poz.

People can make up whatever arguments they want and spin the stats anyway they want, but if you watch him play it's obvious that London Fletcher is a good football player. Anyone who doesn't see that doesn't know football. He's not Ray Lewis, but he's better than any of the linebackers on the Bills right now, including Poz.

so true he was always making plays

the problem with london he's 5'5" and is very disadvantaged in coverage. with that and being a free agent and wanting big bucks it wasn't a bad move not to resign him. although i do like him against the run

Or he is 5'10" and still has difficulty on coverage against WRs and some TEs.

London Fletcher is ranked second in the league in tackles right now. What happened to him? Free agency, trade, cut, injured? I guess I never knew how he left.

He was allowed to walk in FA because they thought he was on the downturn of his career and he wasn't a fit for Fewell's "Cover 2" defense. He's one guy I wish we would've kept, that's just me though.

He was allowed to walk in FA because they thought he was on the downturn of his career and he wasn't a fit for Fewell's "Cover 2" defense. He's one guy I wish we would've kept, that's just me though.

That cover 2 nonsense has cost us a lot of good players. Fletcher and Ngoti among others.

But, we got Donte!! Evens out nicely. Right?

At least HE is making the tackles and not his safties...unlike in Buffalo where the safeties are always making the play.

I don't know what your problem is...or where your knowledge of football is...but London Fletcher is a better linebacker than anybody on the Buffalo Bills roster. Safeties are not supposed to make the play, the linebackers are...and that is what London Fletcher has been doing all year...and ever since he has been in the league.

He is THE MOST underrated defensive player in the NFL...he deserves a Pro-Bowl bid this year.

He didn't leave on bad terms...why knock his game, when you know he is a good football player???

At least HE is making the tackles and not his safties...unlike in Buffalo where the safeties are always making the play.

I don't know what your problem is...or where your knowledge of football is...but London Fletcher is a better linebacker than anybody on the Buffalo Bills roster. Safeties are not supposed to make the play, the linebackers are...and that is what London Fletcher has been doing all year...and ever since he has been in the league.

He is THE MOST underrated defensive player in the NFL...he deserves a Pro-Bowl bid this year.

He didn't leave on bad terms...why knock his game, when you know he is a good football player???

Until he starts making drive ending tackles, and plays that actually get his team off the field, I do not think a pro bowl is in his future. Yes with him on the field, can be pretty successful with a bend but don't break system, since he keeps down the big plays that can kill you in run game.

But if the opponents just keep running at him they keep getting first downs, since he gives so much ground so frequently. Most teams love to play against players like that, as they can keep their defense off the field while he pads his stats.

Nuh-uh!!

Jesus, what are you a relative?

I am just busting chops...I always loved having Flethcer..not all man-crush about it, but he was a solid player. People that argue things like, too far up-field, the will never be happy until we give up 0 yards/game. If somebody makes a tackle, the other team didn't score, and if London made it, they are what, 4-5 yards up-field?

I would like to ask this question...why is it always one or the other? What I mean is why couldn't it go something like "Ahh man, he was a great player, imagine if we had him out there now! He would be a great mentor for the younger guys and really be able to help Poz. A passing of the torch thing would be just super!" Instead posters argue which one is better, ad nauseum.

Closing thoughts...all of the Poz bashing is hilarious, because if we f#@k up and let him walk, there will be a similar post about him down the road. Hopefully he sticks around, and we build a stellar "D," like when Fletcher was here. I think we are getting closer, and are possibly only an LB away, when everybody is healthy.

Nuh-uh!!

Jesus, what are you a relative?

I am just busting chops...I always loved having Flethcer..not all man-crush about it, but he was a solid player. People that argue things like, too far up-field, the will never be happy until we give up 0 yards/game. If somebody makes a tackle, the other team didn't score, and if London made it, they are what, 4-5 yards up-field?

I would like to ask this question...why is it always one or the other? What I mean is why couldn't it go something like "Ahh man, he was a great player, imagine if we had him out there now! He would be a great mentor for the younger guys and really be able to help Poz. A passing of the torch thing would be just super!" Instead posters argue which one is better, ad nauseum.

Closing thoughts...all of the Poz bashing is hilarious, because if we f#@k up and let him walk, there will be a similar post about him down the road. Hopefully he sticks around, and we build a stellar "D," like when Fletcher was here. I think we are getting closer, and are possibly only an LB away, when everybody is healthy.

A solid player = superstar to the 2000 decade Bills

Poz is way less of a player than Fletcher, sorry. On other teams he is a back-up/slow ST guy. With a broken arm once a year fom a ST hit.

That was the common myth at the time. But a guy on another board did a statistical breakdown of every one of Fletcher's tackles in his last season for the Bills, using the play by play on nfl.com. They averaged 3.2 yards down the field.

Fletcher was a terrific player, and we were idiots to let him go. He was also a leader, and we don't have enough of them on this team.

Consider this: LF has been a starting linebacker since his rookie year in 1999. His teams have been in the top half of the league in defense 7 times out of 11 and in the top 5 in total defense 5 times out of 11 (and 6th once). So for such a liability in the running and passing games, he sure seems to consistently get things done.