Lee Evans

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was he thinking? He'd probably be a superstar on ANY other team in the league. He got his money...but what a terrible career move. I'd feel bad for him except he's so filthy rich...I asked GOD for help for our Bills...no word back yet... :lol:

His contract provides 18.5 million, guaranteed. If he gets 1% on that with no compounding, with no touching of the principle - ever - he gets $185,000 annual pre-tax income.

I'd kick up my heels, get a hammock and enjoy...my career would consist of a heated/cooled house, a stocked icebox, a decent ride, and the more that adequate jingle in my pocket to travel and caberet. What a great life!

:lol:

His contract provides 18.5 million, guaranteed. If he gets 1% on that with no compounding, with no touching of the principle - ever - he gets $185,000 annual pre-tax income.

I'd kick up my heels, get a hammock and enjoy...my career would consist of a heated/cooled house, a stocked icebox, a decent ride, and the more that adequate jingle in my pocket to travel and caberet. What a great life!

:lol:

$185k per year is a ridiculous amount of money, but you'd have to think that if he hit FA, he would have gotten that from anyone and probably played on a better team. Maybe Moulds told him the grass isn't always greener.

$185k per year is a ridiculous amount of money, but you'd have to think that if he hit FA, he would have gotten that from anyone and probably played on a better team. Maybe Moulds told him the grass isn't always greener.

Id be willing to bet that happened. They seemed very freindly when I saw them both signing autographs once. Im putting money on it that Moulds wasnt happy with his career after Buffalo.

Lee is way overrated. Laid down as soon as he signed the big fat deal. IMO

What are you talking about? YOU'RE BLAMING A WR ON THIS TEAM? WITH THESE QUARTERBACKS? THIS COACH?

Dude, wake up. His team sucks. That's not an excuse. That's a fact.

If I had a minimum of 185K reliable, zero-risk annual income forever with 18.5 mill in reserve, my career is over and done with. Why would I risk having my bones, connective tissues, or worse, torn up and make me a cripple?

I would be happy to show up every year for one of those "Buy those season tix, fans!" promo campaigns, though, and walk around town spreading that gospel - comped, of course.

Yep, just about as ridiculous as you blaming a QB.

NO. Your wrong. Your statement is idiotic.

A QB is the only player on an offense that typically (wildcat/gimmicks aside) touches the football on every play. A WR gets what...5 touches a game? On a good day...

Common...seriously? Blaming our QB play and coaching is much more appropriate than blaming a WR....

Yep, just about as ridiculous as you blaming a QB.

How is that related? The QB has a plethora of receiving talent. Conversely, the WRs have no QB talent. WR's depend on the QB. QB's depend on the defense/special teams: starting position, offensive line, and receiving talent.

Essentially, claiming that Evans' drought is a product of his poor quarterbacking is unrelated to thinking that our quarterbacks are poor DESPITE having a poor supporting cast.

It's easy to say, "Hey you're making an excuse for Evans! Why aren't you making one for Edwards". The answer is quite simple. Evans has actually shown to be effective when properly utilized. With a decent quarterback (rookie season), and even as the top receiver (the next season), Evans has shown that he is a legitimate threat. If you want to look at stats, look at how many times he is thrown to. It's a depressing stat. A stat directly resulting from poor quarterbacking.

Trent Edwards on the other hand has not shown very much promise. He had a flash at the beginning of last year, but people like you built up excuses for him. Excuses that can't be proven with real stats like times thrown to.

In the end its an eye of the beholder thing, and you're very adamant on supporting players based on stats you make up (how many times a player makes a "long throw"? for example).

How is that related? The QB has a plethora of receiving talent. Conversely, the WRs have no QB talent. WR's depend on the QB. QB's depend on the defense/special teams: starting position, offensive line, and receiving talent.

Essentially, claiming that Evans' drought is a product of his poor quarterbacking is unrelated to thinking that our quarterbacks are poor DESPITE having a poor supporting cast.

It's easy to say, "Hey you're making an excuse for Evans! Why aren't you making one for Edwards". The answer is quite simple. Evans has actually shown to be effective when properly utilized. With a decent quarterback (rookie season), and even as the top receiver (the next season), Evans has shown that he is a legitimate threat. If you want to look at stats, look at how many times he is thrown to. It's a depressing stat. A stat directly resulting from poor quarterbacking.

Trent Edwards on the other hand has not shown very much promise. He had a flash at the beginning of last year, but people like you built up excuses for him. Excuses that can't be proven with real stats like times thrown to.

In the end its an eye of the beholder thing, and you're very adamant on supporting players based on stats you make up (how many times a player makes a "long throw"? for example).

TESTIFY...Right on the money.

I've never made up anything on this board so f@(# you.

Not to mention that if you had the class to actually read other's posts before insulting them, you might have noticed where I've said multiple times that I don't like what I'm seeing from Edwards.

And as I've said before, if you look at this ridiculous offense and decide that the problem with it is the QB, then I don't know what you're watching. It's as inane as blaming a WR.

I've never made up anything on this board so f@(# you.

Not to mention that if you had the class to actually read other's posts before insulting them, you might have noticed where I've said multiple times that I don't like what I'm seeing from Edwards.

And as I've said before, if you look at this ridiculous offense and decide that the problem with it is the QB, then I don't know what you're watching. It's as inane as blaming a WR.

Rather than just using the old cop-out where you call me classless, and tell me to F*** off, can we have a debate.

How about you follow the rules of discussion and provide evidence as to why it is insane to blame the QB, rather than just making that statement out like fact. I laid out some very basic examples of why I felt Evans was not to blame. Why can't you at least support the statement bolded above.

If I had a minimum of 185K reliable, zero-risk annual income forever with 18.5 mill in reserve, my career is over and done with. Why would I risk having my bones, connective tissues, or worse, torn up and make me a cripple?

I would be happy to show up every year for one of those "Buy those season tix, fans!" promo campaigns, though, and walk around town spreading that gospel - comped, of course.

...and you would not be on the road to Canton (don't worry, Lee isn't either).

That is ridiculous.

I always liked the guy until last year. But look at his stats. Nothing from about the 4th or 5th game in 2008, everyone said it was because he had no one on the other side to take pressure off the double teams. Now he has someone on the other side and still nothing much. So now the convenient excuse it TE, OL, DJ, AVP, Turk. Everyone is to blame but Lee? I just don't think so.

Rather than just using the old cop-out where you call me classless, and tell me to F*** off, can we have a debate.

How about you follow the rules of discussion and provide evidence as to why it is insane to blame the QB, rather than just making that statement out like fact. I laid out some very basic examples of why I felt Evans was not to blame. Why can't you at least support the statement bolded above.

b/c he knows that the QB is the problem and can't substantiate a claim against that fact...

I'll chime in. I've seen maybe 4 TE games in total - I don't have any of the premium pay services or a dish. However, the 1st two games this season were on my tv.

I read his eyeballs as clear as one of those McD tray placemats that kids color on. Ten minutes in, I find myself wondering... why this guy is staring hard at one receiver?

I'll also add I crabbed about in several posts, about that crap that DC Fewell pulled against TB, his non-stop blitzing in a done game, specifically Mitchell's obvious shot to Leftwichs' throat - and said it would come back to haunt. It did. Folks blame conditioning for all the D injuries - I blame Fewell for making them marked men. Every player watches films and knows intent to injure.