Molson Ice

bdelma

Picked up a six pack and looked the label. 5.6% ALC/Vol. I thought at one time it was higher. It seemed easier to pound, than before.

Maybe you are thinking of Labatt's Maximum Ice which was 7.1 or the Molson XXX which is 7.2?

Are you sure your are calculating right?:

This means if your beer is 4% ABV, the beer is only 3.17% ABW. Since Canadian beers use ABV and American beers were using ABW, many thought Canadian beers were stronger. The myth persists to this day, even though American beers are starting to use the same metric.

Another reason is you are allowed to market the alcohol strength in Canada, but not in the United States. You cannot advertise “this beer will get you drunk” due to alcohol laws, nor can you promote your brand based on the alcohol content. Different states even have different regulations on how strong the beer can be. These help contribute to the “Canadian beer is stronger” myth.

ABV v. ABW

Am I the only one who saw "Molson Ice" and thought, "Man, those were two annoying posters..."

I was in "lurker" mode back then, but yeah I know what you mean... kind of like if they came out with a beer called LSI's Billdo or something right? :thumbsup:

I think mine was a 6 of Lowenbrau from P & C in bayberry, that said, Olde English was a popular high school purchase as we thought we drinking some potent stuff

My first beer purchase when I became legal was a 40 of Bud from the local convenience store.