Anyone got tonight's Syracuse hoops score?

Lori

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah this is nothing to worry about....exhibition...playing the 'younger brother'...this team will be more than ready when it counts....

fantastic week at SU.

Boeheim really had the guys ready to play tonight. They don't miss the much-maligned Devendorf and Harris at all, do they?

Only consolation is that this was an exhibition game.

:devil: Nice Lori. Two weeks from tonight we'll be celebrating our Bonnies big win over SJU.

Just so they don't overlook the LeMoyne College powerhouse when they visit the Reilly Center in December ... :censored:

Far as I know, I'll be at the game against the Johnnies. You going?

They don't miss the much-maligned Devendorf and Harris at all, do they?

Your kidding right? While they were above average college players, neither is half the player Flynn is, which is obvious because he's the only one pulling a paycheck right now. I think the team has the potential for a deep tourney run if Triche and Jardine step up. Rick Jackson, Arinze Onuaku, Wesley Johnson, Andy Rautins, James Southerland, Kris Joseph, Deshonte Riley, Mookie Jones along with the aforementioned guards has the potential to be the deepest squad Boeheim has ever had.

:devil: Nice Lori. Two weeks from tonight we'll be celebrating our Bonnies big win over SJU.

I highly doubt that. Do not read too much into this. It was just an exhibition. My guess is in March, when SU is playing at the Garden for the Big East Championship the Bonnies will find themselve in their usual positon of not being invited to the A-10 Tournament because they finished in their customary last place.

fantastic week at SU.

Boeheim really had the guys ready to play tonight. They don't miss the much-maligned Devendorf and Harris at all, do they?

It was Johnny Flynn who made Cuse go the last two seasons, but he was NBA-ready and is going to be one of the better PG's in the league for a decade. It's hard to tell a lottery pick to stay in school.

Whoever was giving Devendorf and Harris advice was drunk...Or else those two just drastically overrated their own talents. It's hard to imagine either of them starting in Spain right now. I can't understand why you would leave if you were in their situation. They both could've lived one more year of the easy college life, replacing Flynn as the core of the offensive producers, shooting 1500 jumpers per day, and playing on national TV a few times a month, perhaps even playing well and impressing some scouts. Instead they've relegated themselves to the outer-orbits of the basketball world, where you hope for a 10-day injury contract, hooking up in the NBADL, or signing a contract to play in Turkey. I just don't get it.

Cuse is in trouble. Maybe they could sneak through the PAC 10 with that roster, but the Big East is brutal every single night. The fact that it was an exhibition game is little comfort to anybody, they lost to a D-II school. Bottom line. Don't forget, it's an exhibition game for Le Moyne too...They weren't just playing six guys...

Some LeMoyne stats:

Christopher Johnson scored 17 of his 22 points in the second half, including a 3-pointer with 8.3 seconds remaining. Ekperigin had 20 points and 11 rebounds, Damani Corbin had 11 points and five assists and Kevin Roth added 10 points for Le Moyne, which outscored Syracuse 42-30 in the paint. Le Moyne also recorded a 36-10 advantage in bench points.

"Le Moyne really outplayed us from the beginning of the game to the end," Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said.

"It's just embarrassing the way we played," said Rautins, born and raised in Syracuse. "It's embarrassing to ourselves and our fans. It wasn't luck that they won. They came out and beat us fair and square."

Ouch. Get the Boeheim Face ready for this season...

It was Johnny Flynn who made Cuse go the last two seasons, but he was NBA-ready and is going to be one of the better PG's in the league for a decade. It's hard to tell a lottery pick to stay in school.

Whoever was giving Devendorf and Harris advice was drunk...Or else those two just drastically overrated their own talents. It's hard to imagine either of them starting in Spain right now. I can't understand why you would leave if you were in their situation. They both could've lived one more year of the easy college life, replacing Flynn as the core of the offensive producers, shooting 1500 jumpers per day, and playing on national TV a few times a month, perhaps even playing well and impressing some scouts. Instead they've relegated themselves to the outer-orbits of the basketball world, where you hope for a 10-day injury contract, hooking up in the NBADL, or signing a contract to play in Turkey. I just don't get it.

Cuse is in trouble. Maybe they could sneak through the PAC 10 with that roster, but the Big East is brutal every single night. The fact that it was an exhibition game is little comfort to anybody, they lost to a D-II school. Bottom line. Don't forget, it's an exhibition game for Le Moyne too...They weren't just playing six guys...

Some LeMoyne stats:

Christopher Johnson scored 17 of his 22 points in the second half, including a 3-pointer with 8.3 seconds remaining. Ekperigin had 20 points and 11 rebounds, Damani Corbin had 11 points and five assists and Kevin Roth added 10 points for Le Moyne, which outscored Syracuse 42-30 in the paint. Le Moyne also recorded a 36-10 advantage in bench points.

"Le Moyne really outplayed us from the beginning of the game to the end," Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said.

"It's just embarrassing the way we played," said Rautins, born and raised in Syracuse. "It's embarrassing to ourselves and our fans. It wasn't luck that they won. They came out and beat us fair and square."

Ouch. Get the Boeheim Face ready for this season...

I hear what your saying & it is concerning. Flynn did make this team run but he was definately NBA ready. As far as Harris & Devo, not sure if this is true or not but I heard from a couple people that Boeheim actually asked them to leave. Like I said I can not confirm this, & I really do not see the point in Jimmy B doing this so I question if it is true. In the same sense though, it did not make any sense for either of them to leave early either since neither one was going to get drafted so maybe it is true.

I think if the young guys could come together they may be tough to beat once league play starts. We will see, Big East should tough once again. Uconn, Louisville, WV, G Town, Villanova all look very good once again. I think Pitt will be down a little bit this year.

Your kidding right? While they were above average college players, neither is half the player Flynn is, which is obvious because he's the only one pulling a paycheck right now. I think the team has the potential for a deep tourney run if Triche and Jardine step up. Rick Jackson, Arinze Onuaku, Wesley Johnson, Andy Rautins, James Southerland, Kris Joseph, Deshonte Riley, Mookie Jones along with the aforementioned guards has the potential to be the deepest squad Boeheim has ever had.

Joseph sucks, and AO might be the softest big man I've seen in recent memory. Did Riley and Jones even play in the 2nd half last night? Southerland barely saw the floor in the final half. If you can't get significant PT against Lemoyne in November, how much PT are you going to get against UConn in February?

Of course Flynn is better than Harris & Devo. Point is, many said that Harris and Devo wouldn't be missed. Well, they were missed last night.

As far as Harris & Devo, not sure if this is true or not but I heard from a couple people that Boeheim actually asked them to leave. Like I said I can not confirm this, & I really do not see the point in Jimmy B doing this so I question if it is true. In the same sense though, it did not make any sense for either of them to leave early either since neither one was going to get drafted so maybe it is true.

I've heard the same thing. Neither Harris nor Devo made any attempt at being good students or good citizens. I also think Jimmy needed to make scholarship room for Riley/Johnson/Southerland, but I'm not sure on the details with scholarships and how many can be offered/used.

I think if the young guys could come together they may be tough to beat once league play starts. We will see, Big East should tough once again. Uconn, Louisville, WV, G Town, Villanova all look very good once again. I think Pitt will be down a little bit this year.

Agreed!

Joseph sucks, and AO might be the softest big man I've seen in recent memory. Did Riley and Jones even play in the 2nd half last night? Southerland barely saw the floor in the final half. If you can't get significant PT against Lemoyne in November, how much PT are you going to get against UConn in February?

What makes you think Joseph sucks? Athletic, rangey, decent shooter; seems like the kind of player UConn and Nova have had in droves recently. I'm not too optimistic about Riley and Jones but right now they look like 9/10 on the depth chart. Like I said earlier, Cuse has known commodities in Jackson, Rautins, and Onuaku. If Triche, Jardine and maybe most importantly Wesley Johnson can step up this team might be dangerous.

From all reports, the sky is the limit for Johnson. Super athlete with a polished game. I'm looking forward to watching this group. It was difficult to root for 8-mile and the 6'3" power forward last year.

Devo was a poor defensive player (judging by the number of wide open bunnies that Lemoyne had last night, he would have had plenty of company on this year's team in that regard), but he could take the ball to the basket, which is more than I can say for any of the guards on this roster.

If you're getting outquicked by a Lemoyne player, or can't beat them off the dribble, that's a problem.

I highly doubt that. Do not read too much into this. It was just an exhibition. My guess is in March, when SU is playing at the Garden for the Big East Championship the Bonnies will find themselve in their usual positon of not being invited to the A-10 Tournament because they finished in their customary last place.

A buddy of mine said that JB wasn't happy with how the team was practicing, which might explain why he kept them in M-T-M during the game, when going zone probably would have been an easy way to win.

I'm just a little worried that the selection committee will remember this game if we're on the bubble--even though it was just an exhibition.

A buddy of mine said that JB wasn't happy with how the team was practicing, which might explain why he kept them in M-T-M during the game, when going zone probably would have been an easy way to win.

I'm just a little worried that the selection committee will remember this game if we're on the bubble--even though it was just an exhibition.

Problem is, it was an exhibition for BOTH teams. I completely realize it means 1,000 times more to the Le Moyne players...This is their one big chance to make noise on Sportscenter and take down the big kid in the neighborhood. But Le Moyne scored 36 points OFF THE BENCH!!! Thats the 6th, 7th, and 8th guys from a D-II school cashing buckets against a Big East team. Call it whatever you want, its a terrible loss for Cuse.

Also, the Syracuse players seemed pretty pumped when they hit a 3 with 20 seconds left to take the lead 79-78...Sure didn't seem like a ho-hum exhibition game to them at that point...

Problem is, it was an exhibition for BOTH teams. I completely realize it means 1,000 times more to the Le Moyne players...This is their one big chance to make noise on Sportscenter and take down the big kid in the neighborhood. But Le Moyne scored 36 points OFF THE BENCH!!! Thats the 6th, 7th, and 8th guys from a D-II school cashing buckets against a Big East team. Call it whatever you want, its a terrible loss for Cuse.

Also, the Syracuse players seemed pretty pumped when they hit a 3 with 20 seconds left to take the lead 79-78...Sure didn't seem like a ho-hum exhibition game to them at that point...

Hey, I don't disagree. It's a bad loss anyway you slice it. I just hope that: (1) it's not a sign of things to come; and (2) it's not considered in our tourney selection.

What's weird is that JB has been hyping up this team as one of his best, when usually he's a real naysayer.

Hey, I don't disagree. It's a bad loss anyway you slice it. I just hope that: (1) it's not a sign of things to come; and (2) it's not considered in our tourney selection.

What's weird is that JB has been hyping up this team as one of his best, when usually he's a real naysayer.

Hmmm yeah that's strange by Boeheim...I hadn't heard any of his thoughts on this year's team, but he does usually pontificate about everything his teams do wrong...He usually talks about how great everyone else will be and how it's going to be a grind for Syracuse...

I'm not on the committee, I don't know what they discuss, but it's hard to imagine that an exhibition not factored into the record would be considered 4 months and 35 games from now.

Basically, two ways to look at it:

(1) If they play all season like they did vs. Le Moyne, they won't need to worry what the committee thinks of them.

(2) If it's a make or break decision and the committee is thinking back that far, then they'd probably be a #11 seed and it won't matter much anyways.

here is an article on the M-T-M they played that night....again its important this is exhibition, the time to try these things....not an excuse for losing though, just pointing out the situation at hand