Saints-Falcons game

Bufcomments

For those who saw that great game last night between the Saints and Falcons...

That was a fine game. Sean Payton really knows how to keep Defenses off balance. Plus it helps to have Drew Brees running the show. He is a pleasure to watch. Saints are really looking like a strong contender but I hope for their sake they are not peaking to early in the season.

But there was a thing Gruden pointed out and I hope Trent Edwards and AVP were watching.

Drew having faith in his wideouts. Chuckie mentioned that Brees is not afraid to throw into small windows. His WR's were covered but Drew put the ball were the WR's could still make a play on the ball. Notice I said they were covered, tight coverage but Brees still has the stones to trust his Wideouts to make a play.

I think Gruden does an excellent job pointing these types on things out. He has been a nice addition to the MNF show.

Man I think he could make an excellent QB coach for Edwards. On top of that too he would be a better OC than AVP and Turk combined because I know he would find a way to get Lee Evans or T.O the ball.

I know that the possibility of him become the next Bills HC is slim to none but I for one would like to see what he could do with the talent on Offense.

For those who saw that great game last night between the Saints and Falcons...

That was a fine game. Sean Payton really knows how to keep Defenses off balance. Plus it helps to have Drew Brees running the show. He is a pleasure to watch. Saints are really looking like a strong contender but I hope for their sake they are not peaking to early in the season.

But there was a thing Gruden pointed out and I hope Trent Edwards and AVP were watching.

Drew having faith in his wideouts. Chuckie mentioned that Brees is not afraid to throw into small windows. His WR's were covered but Drew put the ball were the WR's could still make a play on the ball. Notice I said they were covered, tight coverage but Brees still has the stones to trust his Wideouts to make a play.

I think Gruden does an excellent job pointing these types on things out. He has been a nice addition to the MNF show.

Man I think he could make an excellent QB coach for Edwards. On top of that too he would be a better OC than AVP and Turk combined because I know he would find a way to get Lee Evans or T.O the ball.

I know that the possibility of him become the next Bills HC is slim to none but I for one would like to see what he could do with the talent on Offense.

He was a QB killer in Tampa. I like him on MNF and he is (IMO) a good coach but he doesn't get along with young QBs.

He was a QB killer in Tampa. I like him on MNF and he is (IMO) a good coach but he doesn't get along with young QBs.

The reason why he had all those Qb's is because he was try to find one......

a coach is as good as his QB, did he really have a franchise QB is Tampa....umm no

A QB killer???

hahahahaha.

Yes, he truly destroyed the careers of such "young QB's" as Brad Johnson, Brian Griese and Jeff Garcia!!

And he also ruptured Simms's spleen, thus ruining that career. And he just didin't have the patience to make Gradkowski a star. Or maybe you were referring to Shaun Hill? Tim Rattay? Luke McKown?

Yup--he's a regular serial killer!

wow.

A QB killer???

hahahahaha.

Yes, he truly destroyed the careers of such "young QB's" as Brad Johnson, Brian Griese and Jeff Garcia!!

And he also ruptured Simms's spleen, thus ruining that career. And he just didin't have the patience to make Gradkowski a star. Or maybe you were referring to Shaun Hill? Tim Rattay? Luke McKown?

wow.

Thanks for backing me up on the fact that he had no real QB in Florida and he was trying to find one.

I think he could make Edwards a better QB and at least has some experience calling plays in this league and would love to see him run a training camp old school like..with some vigor.

There were two raps on Gruden. One was ego. The other was that his offense was too complicated for team /qbs to pick up in the first two years. That is why he struggled manning the qb position. I am all for a complicated offense especially after watch Jauron's sandlot plays and philosophy. His intensity would be welcomed as well.

There were two raps on Gruden. One was ego. The other was that his offense was too complicated for team /qbs to pick up in the first two years. That is why he struggled manning the qb position. I am all for a complicated offense especially after watch Jauron's sandlot plays and philosophy. His intensity would be welcomed as well.

Rather has a coach with an ego than one who just plays not to LOSE.

And damnit these guys earn megabucks on the field, if they are not smart enough to learn an offense get the dumb asses out of town and find players that can do it on the field and in the meeting rooms.

A QB killer???

hahahahaha.

wow.

Please give me one young QB he developed.

There aren't any. Thinking that Gruden will come in and suddenly all will be well with Edwards is stupid.

funny about this post, was just talking to someone about how entertaining the game was.

little did i realize, and of course i'm here in buffalo covering the bills, that teams can actually string together more than 2 first downs on one drive. i was under the impression that was nearly impossible or, at the very least, there was an nfl rule barring that from happening.

jw

There aren't any. Thinking that Gruden will come in and suddenly all will be well with Edwards is stupid.

I suppose so, but you can't deny that Gruden has a quick wit, and can be flat-out funny. :censored:

I saw the occasional collegiate game, where he was a commentator. Good stuff - he was well-prepared and knew the ins and outs of both teams. No surprise there - college broadcast people are far more prepared than any pro announcers. The difference is stark.

I loved to watch his TB after-game press conferences.

I was at the game. It is a nice getaway from the reality of being a Bills fan. But, remember one thing: The Saints have sucked for a long time. The fans here have faith and it is finally being rewarded. Our time in Buffalo will come again. In the meantime, the Saints are the perfect ( other ) team for Bills fans to be rooting for at this point.

I provided you with the names of what he had to work with. You said he was a QB killer--which of those young QBs did he kill? Simms was the only prospect. He got hurt. Never the same potential. Who would have "developed" the rest?

Don't change the argument.

funny about this post, was just talking to someone about how entertaining the game was.

little did i realize, and of course i'm here in buffalo covering the bills, that teams can actually string together more than 2 first downs on one drive. i was under the impression that was nearly impossible or, at the very least, there was an nfl rule barring that from happening.

jw

The reason for the post I remembered that Trent is a Drew Brees fan, I hope he was watching the game and learned some things about throwing the ball with a little faith that the WR's will make a play.....

simply a joy to watch Brees play, think he is just as good as Manning and maybe a better leader of his team.

I live in Atlanta but am a big Bills fan.

I watched that game last night as a Falcons fan. I actually for the first time got upset when they lost. The Atlanta franchise has come a long way in just a few short years. When i think back to two years ago, when Atlanta got killed on monday night, then the next day Petrino left for Arkansas, all while Vick was getting sentenced. It does give you a little hope for Buffalo.

If Mr Wilson really wants to win he should follow Mr Blanks' example. Hire a proven young talent evaluator as GM, a good smart student of the game as coach, and draft/trade for a franchise QB.

I also watched that game last night thinking i am glad the Dolphins went with Culpepper over Brees. Thank You Nick Saban for that one.

Ya, he ruined Brad Johnsons career, nevermind that he was a probowler in 2003, the year they won the superbowl. :censored:

YOUNG QB

Give me one young QB he's ever developed, please. Johnson was well established when he got to Gruden...that appears to be what Gruden likes (see Gannon, Rich).

The reason for the post I remembered that Trent is a Drew Brees fan, I hope he was watching the game and learned some things about throwing the ball with a little faith that the WR's will make a play.....

simply a joy to watch Brees play, think he is just as good as Manning and maybe a better leader of his team.

I was watching the game last night thinking, how can there be such an unbelievable disparity between an offense like the Saints and an offense like the Bills? And there was a play in the second half, not a big play, but Marques Colston went out maybe 15-20 yards, had single coverage, Drew Brees had about 4 seconds to throw and just hung it up in his general vicinity. It wasn't rocket science, it wasn't an unbelievable pass, it was just two people playing football just like they did when they were kids. Why the f*%& can't the Bills complete a 15-yard pass?

I think Trent missed the game, he was home watching Ryan Leaf highlites

YOUNG QB

Give me one young QB he's ever developed, please. Johnson was well established when he got to Gruden...that appears to be what Gruden likes (see Gannon, Rich).

Is that a bad thing? You actually disproved your whole point with these two. Johnson and Gannon were journeyman QBs that had found minimal success in the NFL, until Gruden got one a ring and a probowl, and the other a MVP. He brings QBs back from the dead. :censored: