Put Terrence Mcgee back on punt returns

hamtenp

Put Terrence Mcgee back on punt returns

He is damn good He has proven it before time and again.

He has blazing speed and he comes to play 60 mins every game.

[/quo

Hey Wiseguy!

Bottom line, he is good at returns, whether it be kickoffs or Punt returns I don't care.

We need him because of his great return ability. Running the ball back in either case

and giving us great field position.

Hey Wiseguy!

Bottom line, he is good at returns, whether it be kickoffs or Punt returns I don't care.

We need him because of his great return ability. Running the ball back in either case

and giving us great field position.

1. we can't force teams into punting situations

2. Jackson has been more than adequate returning kicks (plenty of practice on this one)

3. can't afford to lose McGee to injury (I know, I know...defense sucks already yadda yadda yadda)

4. see points 1 & 2

Actually, the 2 ARE quite different.

And IMO, McGee's talent/skillset is much better suited for KRs.

Roscoe OTOH, is a superb PR, but merely adequate KR. Again, IMO. Jackson seems to be good at both.

Actually, the 2 ARE quite different.

And IMO, McGee's talent/skillset is much better suited for KRs.

Roscoe OTOH, is a superb PR, but merely adequate KR. Again, IMO. Jackson seems to be good at both.

Roscoe is a mediocre PR.

Even last year, "the best PR in the league", had only one "great" stat: avg return, which, compared with the average PR, was worth about 8 or 9 feet to the Bills. He only had 21 returns all year and 1 TD. Reggie Bush was a better PR last year...

Desean Jackson is a far better PR than Roscoe.

Roscoe is a mediocre PR.

Even last year, "the best PR in the league", had only one "great" stat: avg return, which, compared with the average PR, was worth about 8 or 9 feet to the Bills. He only had 21 returns all year and 1 TD. Reggie Bush was a better PR last year...

Desean Jackson is a far better PR than Roscoe.

Desean Jackson did more yesterday than Scoe will do in his career.

Or at least put him back on kickoffs, where he can do something well.

I'm sick of watching him get beat week in and week out and getting outplayed by Drayton Florence (this is usually where people come in and tell me that it's because he "locks up" with the opponents' #1 WR, which is total BS, they play one half of the field each, and don't adjust when the receivers switch sides...he played the left side all day Sunday regardless of who lined up there--he didn't even switch on 2 plays in which Texans' FB Vonta Leach lined up against him, if that tells you anything about whether or not Buffalo matches up their coverage). I can't stand that he's totally unable to wrap up and tackle as well. By my unofficial count yesterday, he gave up 8 completions yesterday to Florence's 3. By the middle of the 3rd quarter, we had our entire row playing a game called "who beats Terrence?", in which you predict either (a) the WR that will beat him for a completion, or (b) the running back that will break his tackle on the next play (it sure made the remainder of the game more fun).

The fact that Buffalo paid this guy $7M a year, while letting Jabari Greer walk out the door for $6M, is a joke. He's the most over-rated player on the team, and that includes T-O.

I know others will argue against me, but try watching McGee specifically for an entire game, he does absolutely nothing defensively. When was the last time this guy even made a play on the football. I saw Florence knock down 2 passes yesterday and blanket Andre Johnson resulting in the overthrow on Byrd's 1st interception, so why can't our $7M man do that?

Ok, sorry for ranting, but I think he's lousy, and I don't know what others have seen that make them believe otherwise.

But to answer the OP's question, put him back on kickoffs, at least get a small return on the misguided investment.

Or at least put him back on kickoffs, where he can do something well.

I'm sick of watching him get beat week in and week out and getting outplayed by Drayton Florence (this is usually where people come in and tell me that it's because he "locks up" with the opponents' #1 WR, which is total BS, they play one half of the field each, and don't adjust when the receivers switch sides...he played the left side all day Sunday regardless of who lined up there--he didn't even switch on 2 plays in which Texans' FB Vonta Leach lined up against him, if that tells you anything about whether or not Buffalo matches up their coverage). I can't stand that he's totally unable to wrap up and tackle as well. By my unofficial count yesterday, he gave up 8 completions yesterday to Florence's 3. By the middle of the 3rd quarter, we had our entire row playing a game called "who beats Terrence?", in which you predict either (a) the WR that will beat him for a completion, or (b) the running back that will break his tackle on the next play (it sure made the remainder of the game more fun).

The fact that Buffalo paid this guy $7M a year, while letting Jabari Greer walk out the door for $6M, is a joke. He's the most over-rated player on the team, and that includes T-O.

I know others will argue against me, but try watching McGee specifically for an entire game, he does absolutely nothing defensively. When was the last time this guy even made a play on the football. I saw Florence knock down 2 passes yesterday and blanket Andre Johnson resulting in the overthrow on Byrd's 1st interception, so why can't our $7M man do that?

Ok, sorry for ranting, but I think he's lousy, and I don't know what others have seen that make them believe otherwise.

But to answer the OP's question, put him back on kickoffs, at least get a small return on the misguided investment.

I got to hand it to you Bandit, once you have your mind made up about something, no matter what happens, you're sticking to it. :sick:

I got to hand it to you Bandit, once you have your mind made up about something, no matter what happens, you're sticking to it. :beer:

LOL, yeah I'm adamant. :sick:

This thread came up at just the right/wrong time, depending on how you look at it. The uppers at the day gig (which isn't nearly as fun--or profitable--as the spare-time gig; engineering can really suck sometimes) decided that we needed a more strict deadline than the federal stimulus grants already impose, so my project delivery time just got cut in half...left me a little crabby.

Re: McGee, it just boiled over on me yesterday. On a day where Houston wasn't even throwing the ball all that well, he still stuck out as a weak link to me. The worst play was the Moats run in the 3rd quarter, where two OL pulled out and blocked Draft and Wilson, and McGee was left one-on-one with Moats. He dropped to one knee and tried what looked like a hip-check to get Moats to the groud. Moats, of course, bouced right off of it and ripped off a 9-yard run. Someone tell this guy to tackle with his hands, not his oblique muscles. Sheesh that was ugly.

I also lost it a bit when he gave Kevin Walter a 10-yard cushion on 2nd and 6 (4th quarter), and Schaub completed a 6-yard curl in front of him. What the heck is up with that? For $7M, get in front of the freakin' guy! What good does it do to let him run clean up to the sticks, stand there behind him, then run up to him after he's got the first down? There's no way he's being told to play like that. Then he proceeds to miss the tackle, and Walter runs for another 4 yards down to the Buffalo 11 yard-line. I'm sorry, but for 1/12 that cost we can get Ellis Lankster to do the same thing.

And it's not as though that happened once or it was just a bad game, this kind of thing has become routine for him, and yet many here tout him as a solid, #1 corner. I think, if people watched him specifically (and objectively), they'd see the same thing. I really liked the guy when he was younger, thought he had a ton of potential, but he just seems to get beat too often. The other thing that began to bother me is that opponents target him all the time, regardless of who's lined up across from him.