Roscoe has served his time on the bench

Bufcomments

I agree. Bring him back to return punts. We need to pull out all the stops to get points however we can, because our offense sure as heck can't score. I agree that Fred has done well on Kicks, but not so much on punts. He mostly just makes fair catches. In he Clowns game Roscoe was just trying to make a play after watching the O get it on the 1 2 straight times and do nothing with it. He screwed up yeah. Same on the backwards return. He needs to just settle down and not try to take the weight of his team on his shoulders.

Also now that we've run the TO end around with success, it's time for TO to give it to Roscoe going the other way on a double reverse. If he gets and opening he could take it to the barn.

I also think we should put McGee on kick off returns. Yeah, Fred is doing good, but I think McGee could do better. I've personally seen him run several back for TDs.

I like Fred on returns too.. and I agree with all of what you said

Maybe some of the posters here are correct in saying that once Hardy becomes active Roscoe will be let go

It's a shame that the Bills never really figured out how to get him touches in the offense.

Did you see his rating on profootballfocus.com?

Dead last out of all 35 centers listed. Almost as bad (-19.5) as the best center, Mangold is good (+21.5) with zero being average.

Actually, I have been pretty underwhelmed by the entire Bills O-Line (who hasn't?), but didn't realize that Hangartner was doing that badly... I just figured, given that he was the only vetran on the line, the Bills would cut him, because it doesn't make any sense... but maybe it would? :censored:

What a freakin' mess....

Maybe some of the posters here are correct in saying that once Hardy becomes active Roscoe will be let go

It's a shame that the Bills never really figured out how to get him touches in the offense.

Roscoe never proved that he deserved more "touches" in the offense. As other folks have correctly pointed out, he was pretty worthless as a primary receiver because of poor route running skills and lack of a physical presence. Way too easily taken out with normal bump and run.

Roscoe never proved that he deserved more "touches" in the offense. As other folks have correctly pointed out, he was pretty worthless as a primary receiver because of poor route running skills and lack of a physical presence. Way too easily taken out with normal bump and run.

That being said you could make plays just for him that require less brain cells....

Reverses, screens things like that. Talented coaches find a way to get things done. We just dont know how to use what we got.

Perfect example....Jackson should be the starting RB on Marshawn should be in goalline situations.

This organization is lacking in coaching . as we all know :censored:

Agreed, but, there are far greater shames taking place at One Bills Drive. Roscoe did have some chances, but hasn't shown that he can catch the ball... a team with few blemishes could/would likely be able to figure out what to do with him, and make him into a star. The Bills are still trying to figure out how to get the snap from center, to the QB smoothly....

Parrish isn't on the bench as punishment. He's on the bench because he's not a very good football player.

What?!?!? I thought he was the 'best punt returner ever'! :censored:

You would think so reading the posts of his supporters here, but the stats suggest he's not even close.

That being said you could make plays just for him that require less brain cells....

Reverses, screens things like that. Talented coaches find a way to get things done. We just dont know how to use what we got.

Perfect example....Jackson should be the starting RB on Marshawn should be in goalline situations.

This organization is lacking in coaching . as we all know :censored:

Agreed. I remember in the Jets game in I'm thinking 2006 they hit Roscoe on a quick slant which he caught and took it to the barn. Haven't seen it since. Qb drops back 1 or 2 steps and fires. No reads or time to get sacked. Roscoe gets it in space. Win Win. I do not for the life of me don't understand why we can't do stuff like that given our lack of talent at QB and OLine and our wealth of talent at WR.

I agree too that Fred should get 75% of the carries. Marshawn can block for Fred and do goal line stuff.

I don't see Roscoe running wildcat though. At least the way the Fish run it it's a lot of dive up the middle runs by Ronnie Brown. Can't really see Roscoe doing that for very long. He could do the Little Ricky thing though and line up outside and come across for sweeps. But really I think TO would be better for that.

Agreed. I remember in the Jets game in I'm thinking 2006 they hit Roscoe on a quick slant which he caught and took it to the barn. Haven't seen it since. Qb drops back 1 or 2 steps and fires. No reads or time to get sacked. Roscoe gets it in space. Win Win. I do not for the life of me don't understand why we can't do stuff like that given our lack of talent at QB and OLine and our wealth of talent at WR.

I agree too that Fred should get 75% of the carries. Marshawn can block for Fred and do goal line stuff.

I don't see Roscoe running wildcat though. At least the way the Fish run it it's a lot of dive up the middle runs by Ronnie Brown. Can't really see Roscoe doing that for very long. He could do the Little Ricky thing though and line up outside and come across for sweeps. But really I think TO would be better for that.

the idea with Roscoe running the wildcat was at least he was a QB in the past and was a threat to throw it say on a bootleg or something...guess its a moot point because he might get cut when Hardy comes back as some as noted.

Fred could block for Marshawn on goalline snaps, remember what he did in the SD game last year.

I think the Bills would be better off without the fullback and let the backs pick the holes.

Why the Bills don't use an unbalanced line in the run game surprises me as well....this is a copycat league ya know lol.

the idea with Roscoe running the wildcat was at least he was a QB in the past and was a threat to throw it say on a bootleg or something...guess its a moot point because he might get cut when Hardy comes back as some as noted.

Fred could block for Marshawn on goalline snaps, remember what he did in the SD game last year.

I think the Bills would be better off without the fullback and let the backs pick the holes.

Why the Bills don't use an unbalanced line in the run game surprises me as well....this is a copycat league ya know lol.

I was thinking it would have been a good way to thin the herd at wr. I wanted to use him until either he broke or showed some value to the team. Tired of the he's too small to be an every down player stuff when he never got close to playing every down. Put him in there and let's see if he can do it.

This is another reason Dickie Boy should be canned.

You have the BEST PUNT RETURNER in the NFL. He made a couple of mistakes trying to make a play or 2. Maybe he makes up for it by taking it to the house a couple of times to make up for it. God knows we need all the points from special teams we can get.

But he cant make up for it if you continue to leave him on the bench.

If you not going to use him just cut him and be done with it if he is not in your plans. Give him a chance to make a living someplace else. It would be fair to him because he has given you some TDs during his career.

For the life of me I don't understand this, what the hell is he doing as your emergency QB???

Some people love Roscoe some people hate him on this board but at least he has something you cant teach.....SPEED.

It is a shame what has happened to him and it is another example of weak coaching.

OK I'm done ranting. :devil:

Best punt returner in the NFL huh?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/stats/leaders...ET/2009/regular

Tell me what number you see next to Roscoe's name there. Call me crazy, but I see 23. I see a guy with 12 returns for 73 yards and a long of 31, making his other 11 returns going for a combined 42 yards...3.8 yard average. DYNAMIC.

Just curious, but why do you think he's learned his lesson?? :devil:

Because he has a track record of guy who can produce in the punt return game. He can still do it. He had a nice return in the Tampa Bay game before he started screwing up. Surely he hasn't totally lost it and can never produce on punt returns ever again. And he's been in the dog house for like 3 weeks. If he gets back on the field he won't be pulling the crap that got him in activated. He's a proud man.

Just curious, but why do you think he hasn't learned his lesson?? :censored:

Because he has a track record of guy who can produce in the punt return game. He can still do it. He had a nice return in the Tampa Bay game before he started screwing up. Surely he hasn't totally lost it and can never produce on punt returns ever again. And he's been in the dog house for like 3 weeks. If he gets back on the field he won't be pulling the crap that got him in activated. He's a proud man.

Just curious, but why do you think he hasn't learned his lesson?? :devil:

There's no proof a flying spaghetti monster didn't create the universe.

Just curious, but why do you think he hasn't learned his lesson?? :devil:

That's just it, I never said he hasn't learned his lesson because I don't know. Unless you're his neighbor or speak to him regularly, there's really no way to know if he has in fact learned his lesson.

Seems to me you're giving him way too much credit in the "smarts" dept. Frankly, I think he's capable of screwing us even more, I've seen nor heard nothing from him that would suggest he's an even-tempered, intelligent man.

Fan boys would suggest otherwise, as is the case with you... For me, I think he's easily replaceable, and the only thing Roscoe has proven to us is that his hands don't work very well at all.