The lynch mob mentality is getting funny

Fezmid

I don't think Drew sucks, he is a great person and I wish him well. I could even see him being a good backup for us and a great tutor for JP if he wanted to be (and would reduce his cap #). However, keeping him as the starter only delays the inevitable and does stunt the growth of a new, young nucleus for next year.

To say the future does not lie with Drew does not mean he should be run out of town. He brought some excitement for a little while and he ran on adrenaline for the first half of '02; he has just faded after a horrifying injury and has a big complex on the road.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only problem that i see is with drew he no longer has the talent to lead this team any place . he has totaly lost the ability to lead this team . can he give us a win once every now and then , yes he can , can he do it all the time , no he cann't . you have to start thinking of tommarow and start JP drews time in the NFL is over and the people up stairs cann' t see this . hoping we can win the rest of the games and make the play offs is dreaming . WAKE UP SMELL THE JOCKSTRAP ;) i love the bills

And when Losman gets to start, how long will it be before he starts to get bashed?

119786[/snapback]

I'd hope the moment his Passer Rating drops below the 16.7 it's at right now!

What's funny is that there are so many more players/coaches you left out! Antoine Winfield was the most recent non-Bill to receive his tar and feathers parting gifts.

FWIW, I personally ran (or am currently running :unsure: ) the following mentioned out of town:

Drew, TD, GW, Peerless, both Flutie and RJ (I guess I was a die-hard AVP fan all along!), Butler

The following I did NOT (and have not......yet) run out of town:

Mularkey, Gray, Henry, Wilson (this one cracks me up the most!), and Phillips.

Let's see if I can capture the TSW lynch mob mentality over the past 8 years or so:

"{Rob Johnson|Doug Flutie|Both QBs} SUCK!  Get them out of town!  Boo them on the field!  Cheer when they get injured!"

"Wade Phillips is a CRAPPY COACH!  Get him out of town!  Boo him on the field!  Cheer if he gets tangled up in his headset!  Oh, wait..."

"Ralph Wilson sucks!  He's too meddling!  I hope he has a heart attack and we get a REAL owner!"

"John Butler SUCKS!!!!  He can't draft anyone!  He pays too much money to everyone!  Fire that FAT LARD ASS!!!!  HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!"

"Greggggggggggg Williams SUCKS!  Get him out of town!!!!  The guy's overweight too for crying out loud!  I hope someone shoots him on his way out of town!"

"Travis Henry SUCKS!  He fumbles all the time!!!!  He picks up 16 year old girls!!!!  Get him out of town, he's STOOOOPID!"

"Peerless Price SUCKS!! The guy fumbles and takes stupid penalties!!!!!  KICK HIM OUT OF BUFFALO!"

"TD SUCKS!!!!!  He traded Peerless Price!!!!  We need a REAL GM!!!!!!  Boo him out of town!"

"Jerry Gray SUCKS!!  We have a top-5 defense in name only!!!  Everyone knows the only thing that REALLY matters is {insert some stat we're not good at here} and we're not doing that!!!  Fire him!!!!"

"Mularky sucks!!!!  Why didn't he go for it on 4th down?!"

"Drew {Bledsoe|Bledslow|Deadsow|Deadslow|...|...|... } SUCKS!!!!  The guy doesn't care about football!  He's not a real leader!  Since he won't bench himself, I hope he DIES ON THE FIELD SO JPL can PLAY!!!!!  Boo him!!!"

See a trend?

CW

119702[/snapback]

The only one I have ever tried to run out of town is Drew. I stuck up for Ruben, I stuck up for Antwain Smith, Greg Williams, hell I stuck up for RJ. Drew sucks!

"{Rob Johnson|Doug Flutie|Both QBs} SUCK!  Get them out of town!  Boo them on the field!  Cheer when they get injured!"

True, they sucked. Don't know many Bills fans who cheer when any player gets injured. That's Philli fans.

"Wade Phillips is a CRAPPY COACH!  Get him out of town!  Boo him on the field!  Cheer if he gets tangled up in his headset!  Oh, wait..."

Don't agree here. Wade was a solid coach. He didn't know when to fold 'em on a horrible special teams coach.

"Ralph Wilson sucks!  He's too meddling!  I hope he has a heart attack and we get a REAL owner!"

Haven't heard many people say Ralph is a bad owner. More people talking about how he should be in the hall of fame.

"John Butler SUCKS!!!!  He can't draft anyone!  He pays too much money to everyone!  Fire that FAT LARD ASS!!!!  HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!"

Butler sucked, paid too much money, and had a couple of horrible drafts and free agent aquisitions before he left. Can't argue here.

"Greggggggggggg Williams SUCKS!  Get him out of town!!!!  The guy's overweight too for crying out loud!  I hope someone shoots him on his way out of town!"

GW sucked for us. He'll get a second shot somewhere and use what he learned here (don't hire crappy assistants, tone down the rhetoric, make a move on your coordinators when its warranted) and be a better HC.

"Travis Henry SUCKS!  He fumbles all the time!!!!  He picks up 16 year old girls!!!!  Get him out of town, he's STOOOOPID!"

Doesn't suck, but is stupid. Is not a complete back. McGahee already demonstrating he's better and potentially great.

"Peerless Price SUCKS!! The guy fumbles and takes stupid penalties!!!!!  KICK HIM OUT OF BUFFALO!"

Peerless made it known he didn't want to be here. TD did a masterful job of getting a 1st rounder for a free agent.

"TD SUCKS!!!!!  He traded Peerless Price!!!!  We need a REAL GM!!!!!!  Boo him out of town!"

"Jerry Gray SUCKS!!  We have a top-5 defense in name only!!!  Everyone knows the only thing that REALLY matters is {insert some stat we're not good at here} and we're not doing that!!!  Fire him!!!!"

Jury is still out on Gray. Statistically good D that folds in the crunch. Meanwhile, LeBeau's D in Pittsburgh is pretty dominant although the statistics don't show it. I've only heard BF say Gray sucks.

"Mularky sucks!!!!  Why didn't he go for it on 4th down?!"

It's a legitimate question about the 4th down but I haven't heard people say Mularkey sucks.

"Drew {Bledsoe|Bledslow|Deadsow|Deadslow|...|...|... } SUCKS!!!!  The guy doesn't care about football!  He's not a real leader!  Since he won't bench himself, I hope he DIES ON THE FIELD SO JPL can PLAY!!!!!  Boo him!!!"

Classic

RunTheBall

To me, people are well-entitled to have a lynch mob mentality, if they choose to.

Interest in a sport brings emotional involvement...it's certainly marketed with that in mind. It's one of the few (legitimate) businesses that routinely gets away with wiping off it's shoes on the face of the paying customer, knowing that the customer will still purchase the product.

So if people want to complain, it's their right. And I tire of statements that imply that fans don't "get it"...that they're not "in the business" etc. Many, many fans on this site are quite astute, and legitematly point out things like 35-yard line punts, clock management skills somewhat below that of an average 4th grader, drafting wow-wee skill players while a pass rush or line protection is in shambles, that the "professionals" seem to fail at.

I'm not a physician, but by some people's lights, if I gash my arm, I have no business patching myself up because I'm not a "professional"... :unsure:

To me, people are well-entitled to have a lynch mob mentality, if they choose to.

Interest in a sport brings emotional involvement...it's certainly marketed with that in mind. It's one of the few (legitimate) businesses that routinely gets away with wiping off it's shoes on the face of the paying customer, knowing that the customer will still purchase the product.

So if people want to complain, it's their right.  And I tire of statements that imply that fans don't "get it"...that they're not "in the business" etc.  Many, many fans on this site are quite astute, and legitematly point out things like 35-yard line punts, clock management skills somewhat below that of an average 4th grader, drafting wow-wee skill players while a pass rush or line protection is in shambles, that the "professionals" seem to fail at.

I'm not a physician, but by some people's lights, if I gash my arm, I have no business patching myself up because I'm not a "professional"...  :doh:

120829[/snapback]

Yea it is crazy and too bad some of these guys go to such extremes. I wish I could think of a name for this mob, any suggestions? The Ice Patrol

:)  :D  :)  :)  :unsure:  :doh:  :P  :P  :D

Huh?  My post has EVERYTHING to do with the facts.  EVERY player on this team for the past 10 years has been attacked with torches and pitchforks.  I'm not clouding anything, I'm just stating the facts.

CW

119770[/snapback]

This just in. . . in the last 10 years this team has sucked, for the most part (especially the last 4 yrs.) Some of those that you mentioned were flops, or had real shortcomings.

If this team would consistently win, I'm sure many of these rants would go away. Did you notice prior to the N.E. game (when we had a 2 game winning streak) the rants quieted some? But, alas, we aren't winning consistently, and the reasons why we're losing are going to be targeted.

There's always:

"Did you hear that idiot Phillips say we were out of the playoffs while we were still mathematically alive?!?!?! And then the Colts, in the same position, beat us and went to the playoffs!!! What an idiot! Fire him!"

coupled with

"Did you hear that idiot Mularkey say we were still capable of making the playoffs with only 7 games left in the season?! What an idiot! Fire him!"

Then there's the comparisons to coaching "geniuses..." as long as it supports your point. Last year it was all about "Look at what Parcells is doing! GW does this, while Parcells does that, and look at the results..."

This year, Parcells is pulling the same QB move that we are (except worse, as his "QB of the future" has been actively involved in practices since day 1), but no one who likes to use the "geniuses" to counter what our "idiot coaches" are doing seems to want to say "look at how the genius Parcells is handling it!" Bottom line: the "genius" coaches are only "genius" coaches when a.) they are doing something different than our coach and b.) succeeding with it when we aren't.