Why cant MM and TD see the obvious at this point

It is clear that this team is not going to make the playoffs. So lets have some fun and watch the new kid get some experience and get ready for next year. JP needs the experience and MM needs to evaluate talent for next year.

It is obvious what needs to be done but these two just don't get it?

I for one will be happy when TD is fired and we get a better GM talent scout working for us.

It's funny how Piitsburgh is now so much better after TD leaves. Wade is doing well. LeBeau is doing great. GW is doing well in Wash.San Diego is doing good with AJ. The black def. co-ord that went to the Jets? I'm having a brain fart. Coaches we didn't hire have been successful with other teams yet we get GW and other questionable coaching staff.

I see a trend here.

Not to mention I'm sick of those politically correct press conference statements that are as bland as styrofoam. Why bother anymore. I prefer the Parcells type press conferences.

It is clear that this team is not going to make the playoffs. So lets have some fun and watch the new kid get some experience and get ready for next year. JP needs the experience and MM needs to evaluate talent for next year.

It is obvious what needs to be done but these two just don't get it?

119566[/snapback]

Maybe because, while it might be 'fun' for you to watch the new kid get some experience, it isn't an 'obvious' choice. NFL history is littered with 1st round 'can't miss' QB's who were thrust into situations before they were ready, and it killed them. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, these guys know what they are doing, and don't want to rush Losman, for any number of reasons.

The only thing I can think of right now is that he isn't physically ready to play. That's the only thing keeping him from starting. However, why did he play in New England?

Drew has looked better this year in some games, but that doesn't mean he's playing on a capable level either. At best he's an average QB that can only win when he can hide behind a running back that's run for 140 yards. Stop the run, put the game on his shoulders and he crumbles like the Berlin Wall.

Too bad he was signed to such a huge extension.

They need to start JP in the next road game. Drew can handle teams by playing conservatively at home but on the road he is "roadkill". I would get JP ready for the Seattle game out there and give him some very vanilla plays to run.....stuff that he is good at in practice. He obviously wasn't looking at the whole field when he threw that 2 yard INT last week so he needs to sharpen up. Seriously, Drew should never start another road game again for the BIlls.

They need to start JP in the next road game.  Drew can handle teams by playing conservatively at home but on the road he is "roadkill".  I would get JP ready for the Seattle game out there and give him some very vanilla plays to run.....stuff that he is good at in practice.  He obviously wasn't looking at the whole field when he threw that 2 yard INT last week so he needs to sharpen up.  Seriously, Drew should never start another road game again for the BIlls.

119662[/snapback]

Interesting idea. Although isn't a home game just what the doctor would order for a young developing QB's confidence?

While I would love to see what he has, Losman has had limited practice and is simply not ready to start.

IMO starting JP would be reckless. If he were to get reinjured MM would be blasted for starting him too soon. If the season is "done" why rush him out and risk injury and potentially the future?

While I would love to see what he has, Losman has had limited practice and is simply not ready to start.

IMO starting JP would be reckless. If he were to get reinjured MM would be blasted for starting him too soon.  If the season is "done" why rush him out and risk injury and potentially the future?

120529[/snapback]

Because our hotpockets are burning our tongues.

Why does everyone think this guy is "The Savior"?

120541[/snapback]

Why, because look at our other options...to make an example...surround yourself with a buncha women that are like a 1 out of 10 looks wise for a few weeks...then when you get back into the real world, 4's start looking good...

(disclaimer, i am not saying Drew is a 1 and JP is a 4, those values are undetermined as of yet :unsure: )

Why does everyone think this guy is "The Savior"?

120541[/snapback]

Because he's not Drew? When the starting QB looks bad, the backup QB becomes the most popular player in town. And ever since Jim Kelly neared the end of his career, we've had plenty of practice at this.

Honestly, though, I don't think people are attaching "savior" status to Losman just yet. Most of us just feel that since the season isn't going anywhere after January 2nd anyway -- for the fifth year in a row -- we might as well get the rook some playing time.

Because he's not Drew? When the starting QB looks bad, the backup QB becomes the most popular player in town. And ever since Jim Kelly neared the end of his career, we've had plenty of practice at this.

Honestly, though, I don't think people are attaching "savior" status to Losman just yet. Most of us just feel that since the season isn't going anywhere after January 2nd anyway -- for the fifth year in a row -- we might as well get the rook some playing time.

120703[/snapback]

I remember people calling for Reich when Kelly was leading us to Super Bowls. It didn't take until the end of his career for the 'tards to come out.

I remember people calling for Reich when Kelly was leading us to Super Bowls.  It didn't take until the end of his career for the 'tards to come out.

120744[/snapback]

True, that.

"Jim Kelly's our quarterback, Marv Levy's our coach, and if you don't like it you can get out of town!!!!!"

Sigh... them were the good ol' days....

I remember people calling for Reich when Kelly was leading us to Super Bowls.  It didn't take until the end of his career for the 'tards to come out.

120744[/snapback]

I remember the same thing throughout Kelly's career...But lets face facts, those calling for Reich were idiots plain and simple...Those calling for Bledsoe's departure have numerous solid reasons. And by numerous I mean 21 of the last 33...

The Bledsoe situation is light years away from the Kelly/Reich saga...I think those who were calling for Reich at the time were SO spoiled by the Bills winning consistantly that they actually thought things could get a little better with Frank...Now, it's quite different. Folks are so sick of losing, they'll take anyone except Bledsoe just to see if it will make a difference...

I do believe Bills Fans will have patience with JP if he replaces DB...I don't know how much patience, but there will be some...Most Fans understand there is a price to pay for playing a Rookie QB...

The reality is for a great number of Bills Fans it has become anyone but Bledsoe, and for good reason... B)