What Terrell said...

sharper802

It's the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When has he ever not thrown his QB under the bus when he has had the chance???? Even he knows it is all the line!!!!!!!!!!!

we are still not a power house but the line is getting better and fitzy seems to be a bit more mobile than TE

Maybe i am special but that statement makes no sense to me

I think what the OP was saying is this:

1. TO attributed our offense's problems to the offensive line, not to QB play.

2. TO's instinct in the past has been to blame his QBs for a lot--throwing them under the bus at the slightest excuse.

3. The fact that a guy who's predisposed to blame the QB is, in this case, blaming the offensive line instead is further evidence that our team's offensive failings are due to the failure of the line.

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. This year, we're learning that a wall is only as strong as its weakest brick. I'm looking forward to next season, when Butler will (hopefully) be healthy all year, and when we'll (ideally) have added a new starting LT early in the draft.

I think what the OP was saying is this:

1. TO attributed our offense's problems to the offensive line, not to QB play.

2. TO's instinct in the past has been to blame his QBs for a lot--throwing them under the bus at the slightest excuse.

3. The fact that a guy who's predisposed to blame the QB is, in this case, blaming the offensive line instead is further evidence that our team's offensive failings are due to the failure of the line.

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. This year, we're learning that a wall is only as strong as its weakest brick. I'm looking forward to next season, when Butler will (hopefully) be healthy all year, and when we'll (ideally) have added a new starting LT early in the draft.

What makes you think next year will be any different?

When has he ever not thrown his QB under the bus when he has had the chance???? Even he knows it is all the line!!!!!!!!!!!

TO is doing everything he can to shed his image, the last thing he wants to do is relapse into his image and throw a QB under the bus and become a distraction when he is on a one year deal. He knows full well he MUST be on his best behavior to have any shot of any kind next year to be here or any other NFL roster at this age with his baggage.

I would be shocked, utterly shocked, if TO has any kind of out burst this year or throws anyone under the bus. Given the poor market coming into this year for him once he was cut by Dallas, it will be even worse next year for him if he blows up or throws anyone under the bus, especially with his age, drops, and poor stats.

Trent and Fitz are easily without question the worst QB's he has ever played with...but you seem to think he thinks otherwise? Come on now...

Good point. I also hope the Bills use a 4th round pick on a backup tackle, so that we won't see a collapse in the line if (when?) Butler does get hurt.

I think that's why they got Meredith, who would essentially back up Butler next year, assuming the plan is to keep Butler at RT.

They could always move Wood to C with Hangartner backing him up, Butler back to RG, then drafting a RT to either start or to compete with Meredith.

I'm sure everyone agrees that we need to address the LT position, because as it stands, Bell hasn't been the answer, however that could change with improved play the 2nd half of the season.

One can interpret what he actually said anyway one wants. One can pull a single quote and build a theory from that quote and ignore the context.

However, I think the most relevant thing is to simply view the tape of the entire interview which one can find in the Buffalo Snooze article or on the Bills website. If you do not have time for the whole thing I would pull this from the BN article:

> Owens said the team has every right to be feeling upbeat despite the ugliness of the past two wins.

"Any time you play this game, a win is a win," he said. "I'm sure the teams that we beat ... they can tell you that this team has no quit in us. We're going to fight to the end and we're going to find ways to win. That's what we're doing. <

I think that summarizes where he is on this and I as a Bills fan am happy to see him take this approach.

Guest dog14787

Of course its the O-line, you can blame everyone and anyone else past that you want, but until the Buffalo Bills have better pass protection and run blocking our QB, RB's, WR's and TE's can't make plays consistently no matter how good they all are individually.

It all Starts up Front, always did, always will...

Of course its the O-line, you can blame everyone and anyone else past that you want, but until the Buffalo Bills have better pass protection and run blocking our QB, RB's, WR's and TE's can't make plays consistently no matter how good they all are individually.

It all Starts up Front, always did, always will...

You are 100% correct. I wish other people on this board (and at OBD) realized this.

The line can certainly use some improvement, but you have to blame both the FO and the coaching staff for putting the team in this situation to begin with. The Packers O-line is atrocious (they've given up 25 sacks) and yet they're 4-2 and have scored 161 points (the Bills have scored 113). The Bills aren't much better, but it seems to me that you can - if you know what you're doing - design a game plan around your deficiencies. That's the problem with this coaching staff. They don't know how to make adjustments. You design game plans based on the strengths and weaknesses of your players and your opponents. It seems like the Bills coaching staff has a basic game plan that they just plug players into and hope it works for everyone they play. Sometimes they get lucky and win a few.

The FO is at fault for not providing the players (money) necessary to provide some sense of depth (and you could again fault the coaches - Jauron in particular and maybe the strength and conditioning coach - for not keeping these guys in better condition in the off-season). They cut Langston Walker because of money. Maybe he wasn't great, but I sure wish he was around now after losing Butler, etc. We've got what amounts to four freakin' rookies (if you count Bell) starting on the line now.