Fumb Rec -- 2

Def TD's -- 2

Buffalo Bills

Points Allowed -- 130

Sacks -- 16

Int -- 13

Fumb Rec. -- 2

Def TD's -- 2

I thought this was interesting when I saw these stats.. I think the Bills D is much improved in the "playmaking" aspect. I know many people were complaining about that last year. At least one thing got fixed with this team.

Guest dog14787
Baltimore Ravens

Points Allowed -- 130

Sacks -- 14

Int -- 7

Fumb Rec -- 2

Def TD's -- 2

Buffalo Bills

Points Allowed -- 130

Sacks -- 16

Int -- 13

Fumb Rec. -- 2

Def TD's -- 2

I thought this was interesting when I saw these stats.. I think the Bills D is much improved in the "playmaking" aspect. I know many people were complaining about that last year. At least one thing got fixed with this team.

Nice comparison to a very good Defense, especially when you played the Saints and the Pats :lol:

Do we lead the league in interceptions now does anybody know because we have to be close.

Nice comparison to a very good Defense, especially when you played the Saints and the Pats :lol:

Do we lead the league in interceptions now does anybody know because we have to be close.

Yes, tied with New Orleans for the league lead

Plus the QB rating for the opposing QB against the Bills is 58.0.... the only team that's even close is New Orleans. Every other team is in the mid 60's or higher.

We are playing a more "cerebral" game. We get in their heads, and make them play the worst football of their careers. It's kind of like the way a less talented team might try to "slow the game down". But instead of trying to slow the pace, they slow down the mental aspects of the game. It's revolutionary. How do they do this you ask? Well here is a quote from a prior post:

"It involves seeming to play completely incompetently. First these Bills establish themselves in the minds of the other team as Buffoons.

Passes to no one, clear paths to the QB, running backs avoiding holes and running directly to tacklers, dropping passes, false starts, lining up in the neutral zone, bad timeouts, not starting their best players, general confusion in the backfield, topped off by using a no-huddle (have I missed anything? I'm sure I did because this offense is TRULY COMPLICATED).

Then, and only then, while the other team has lulled themselves into comfort, THEY STRIKE!! Then it only takes 2 or 3 competently executed plays a game, plays they have worked REALLY HARD on in practice, (in fact they might intentionally only work on 3 or 4 plays ALL WEEK) to get a score or two.

Basically, the idea is "if we don't know what we are doing, then there is NO WAY the defense can figure us out!". It's brilliant.

I can picture this thing being copied around the league, like the Wildcat.

The Rope-A-Dope!"

And this:

"These Bills just HUMILIATE teams. Just embarrass them. It's kinda like the Patriots running up the score, except it's the opposite. Teams make some mistake and are so ashamed to have made them against this Bills team, that they fall apart. We even ALMOST got the Patriots with this method. Dick is a master strategist, it's really starting to work now."

And this too:

I really think it gets into the other teams' heads. One guy makes a mistake, some of the guys on his team look at him like "come on man, these are the Bills we're playing. Ryan Denney just made a play on you". Then maybe a honest mistake by another guy, say an offsides on another lineman. The the Jauron magic starts to take hold. Then another mistake like a bad roughing the passer call. Now individuals try to do more than they should, then comes the disbelief " we can't even score on Buffalo", the fans turn against them (that's why this team is better on the road. Humiliation.)

I'm kinda serious....."

I was too lazy to write this stuff out again, but I really mean it! Your Ravens/ Bills stats just give me more conviction. I think the Bills defense will have some nice stats this year because other teams just play down to their level.

Guest dog14787
Yes, tied with New Orleans for the league lead

Plus the QB rating for the opposing QB against the Bills is 58.0.... the only team that's even close is New Orleans. Every other team is in the mid 60's or higher.

Nice :lol:

Baltimore Ravens

Points Allowed -- 130

Sacks -- 14

Int -- 7

Fumb Rec -- 2

Def TD's -- 2

Buffalo Bills

Points Allowed -- 130

Sacks -- 16

Int -- 13

Fumb Rec. -- 2

Def TD's -- 2

The Bills have taken more snaps than any other D in the league - 492. All of those snaps allows them to accumlate more sakcs/tackles/interceptions. NFL.com says the Bills have allowed 138 points - good for 13th best in the league averaging 19.7/game. Our D is tied for 8th worst in the league in # of third downs converted. This has resulted in us being 9th worst in terms of yards/game. Furthermore, the D allows 19 first downs a game, which ranks 12th worst in the league - they just cant force punts and get off the field. By those stats the Bills D is in the bottom third of the league.

Our offense shouldnt take all of blame - although they do rank 28th in the league with 15 firsts a game :devil: . There is another reason why our D has registered so many mores snaps than the O, like our soft zone coverage, penalties-we lead the league in them too- and Keith Ellison. Our D cant get off the field, and the O sends them right back on. Its just a dangerous cycle.

IMO the two most important stats are points allowed/game and the number of snaps. Points allowed is an obvious one, but # of snaps is a much more telling stat than the time of possesion. The number of snaps means that either our D cant get off the field, our O cant stay on it, or both. Yes a good O can inflate that stat in the Ds favor, but the best D is a good O. I think in our situation its both, but more of the blame is the Os.

Baltimore Ravens

Rush yards allowed/ game

Bills = 172

Ravens = 91

Interceptions

Bills = 13 (tied for league lead with Saints)

Ravens = 7

Defense rankings (overall, rush, pass)

Bills = 24, 32, 10

Ravens = 19, 7, 23

Glaring disparity in our pass versus rush defenses. If we had a couple of good LBs, we would be a playoff defense.

Rush yards allowed/ game

Bills = 172

Ravens = 91

Interceptions

Bills = 13 (tied for league lead with Saints)

Ravens = 7

Defense rankings (overall, rush, pass)

Bills = 24, 32, 10

Ravens = 19, 7, 23

Glaring disparity in our pass versus rush defenses. If we had a couple of good LBs, we would be a playoff defense.

Or how about another run stuffing DT?

We are playing a more "cerebral" game. We get in their heads, and make them play the worst football of their careers. It's kind of like the way a less talented team might try to "slow the game down". But instead of trying to slow the pace, they slow down the mental aspects of the game. It's revolutionary. How do they do this you ask? Well here is a quote from a prior post:

"It involves seeming to play completely incompetently. First these Bills establish themselves in the minds of the other team as Buffoons.

Passes to no one, clear paths to the QB, running backs avoiding holes and running directly to tacklers, dropping passes, false starts, lining up in the neutral zone, bad timeouts, not starting their best players, general confusion in the backfield, topped off by using a no-huddle (have I missed anything? I'm sure I did because this offense is TRULY COMPLICATED).

Then, and only then, while the other team has lulled themselves into comfort, THEY STRIKE!! Then it only takes 2 or 3 competently executed plays a game, plays they have worked REALLY HARD on in practice, (in fact they might intentionally only work on 3 or 4 plays ALL WEEK) to get a score or two.

Basically, the idea is "if we don't know what we are doing, then there is NO WAY the defense can figure us out!". It's brilliant.

The Rope-A-Dope!"

And this:

"These Bills just HUMILIATE teams. Just embarrass them. It's kinda like the Patriots running up the score, except it's the opposite. Teams make some mistake and are so ashamed to have made them against this Bills team, that they fall apart. We even ALMOST got the Patriots with this method. Dick is a master strategist, it's really starting to work now."

And this too:

I really think it gets into the other teams' heads. One guy makes a mistake, some of the guys on his team look at him like "come on man, these are the Bills we're playing. Ryan Denney just made a play on you". Then maybe a honest mistake by another guy, say an offsides on another lineman. The the Jauron magic starts to take hold. Then another mistake like a bad roughing the passer call. Now individuals try to do more than they should, then comes the disbelief " we can't even score on Buffalo", the fans turn against them (that's why this team is better on the road. Humiliation.)

I'm kinda serious....."

I was too lazy to write this stuff out again, but I really mean it! Your Ravens/ Bills stats just give me more conviction. I think the Bills defense will have some nice stats this year because other teams just play down to their level.

Good stuff!

The Rope-A-Dope!"

And this:

And this too:

I'm kinda serious....."

Might be the funniest post I've ever seen here!

Baltimore Ravens

Points Allowed -- 130

Sacks -- 14

Int -- 7

Fumb Rec -- 2

Def TD's -- 2

Buffalo Bills

Points Allowed -- 130

Sacks -- 16

Int -- 13

Fumb Rec. -- 2

Def TD's -- 2

This is a nice compliment to the defense and an absolute embarassment to the offense.

Guest dog14787
This is a nice compliment to the defense and an absolute embarassment to the offense.

:thumbdown:

You got that right Push, our defense is our offense...

Baltimore Ravens

Points Allowed -- 130

Sacks -- 14

Int -- 7

Fumb Rec -- 2

Def TD's -- 2

Buffalo Bills

Points Allowed -- 130

Sacks -- 16

Int -- 13

Fumb Rec. -- 2

Def TD's -- 2

It's interesting because the defense is the main reason we have 3 wins. This defense has been hung out to dry more than once, yet they seem to still fight back abnd hang in there. If the offense can get anythign going in the near future, the Bills might actually have a chance.

The defense is not the main problem this year. Sure I would like a stouter run defense but the defense is OK for now. The main problem is the OL's inability to open holes for Marshawn or Fred. The pass defense could be better as well. If we can fix this one problem the team will be greatly improved.

Dude, stats are pretty meaningless most of the time but consider these stats...

The Bills are currently LAST in the NFL against the run, 10th against the pass, but!

They played three teams with crappy QB's, the Jets rookie threw 5 ints and yet the defense allowed 300+

yds on the ground, it took an overtime miracle to get that win.

The Browns completed only TWO passes all game long, was that because of the Bills punishing secondary or the storm like winds? Perhaps it was the Browns QB sucking all game long, yet the Browns won that game 6-3.

Jake D kept over throwing his receivers all game long, was that the astute ability of the Bills awesome DB's spectacular coverage skills or a crappy QB constantly missing his targets and the Bills DB lucky enough to be behind the receiver or catch a tipped pass.

News flash, this Bills team stinks, they beat three teams who's QB's were having horrid days and the wind helped shut down the Browns passing game and not the defense.

Post some stats again when the Bills beat a decent team and the Bills players are actually the reason for the win.